• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats The reccomeded version for Brawl: NTSC or Regular?

10Kam

Smash Rookie
I want to install project m, but, I don't know if should get NTSC or a Regular one. which one should I use?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Project M only works on the NTSC version.

There is no "regular" version. PAL is for PAL regions and NTSC is for NTSC regions. If anything NTSC should be considered the default since the game was developed in Japan and released there first.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I want to install project m, but, I don't know if should get NTSC or a Regular one. which one should I use?
As said above, NTSC is just the term used to define the North American version of Brawl, as opposed to the European PAL version. There minor format differences between the two that made developing Project M on both too much of a hassle when it came to timeliness, so NTSC is the only supported version, though I think the JPN version was able to be produced on account of the two versions being pretty similar. But yeah, NTSC is the regular version as far as compatibility goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom