• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the most efficient way to learn with c. fal?

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I'm an ok casual player, i've been to a handful of weeklies over the years, but i'd like to get better, specifically with captain falcon in pm.

I've been working on my shorthop nair, upthrow at earlier percents into combos, down throw at later percents into combos,

But I'm also trying to use the HaxDash, because it seems like a useful technique, but I'm not sure how it's actually supposed to be used. Like, I only started really dash dancing the other day too, and it's difficult to use it to make myself more evasive rather than just throw my body in their line of attack, or sometimes i dash dance in the same place and it just makes me really predictable and hittable. So i guess my question is, what (specifically) am i supposed to be using these techniques for? Like I get that they're tools, but for what? I guess I just need help with that.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Dash dancing is mainly used as a way to bait opponents attacks and being generally more unpredicatable. Falcon isn't amazing at approaching barring a well spaced Nair, so he rely's on his opponents to flub something (Attacking, poor stage positioning etc) So he can go in for the punish. Being aggressive with Falcon in neutral is a good way to get dismantled against any half-decent player. Only go in hard when you have momentum.

Hax dashing is for ledgestalling, baiting and mindgames last time I checked.

Last edited:

Styro

Smash Rookie
When dash dancing you should try not to dash dance in place (really quick motions back and forth). Switch between long dashes and short dashes and don't stay in one area too much or you will just get hit by something. I feel like Hax dashing is not that important of a tool, especially if you don't have a strong understanding of the mental aspect of the game. For the most part it is just helpful for refreshing ledge invincibility very quickly. One thing you need to remember is that PM has a limit to ledge refreshing invincibility. If you want something to practice that can be more impactful to your game, I would practice moonwalking. This can really help your off stage game and give you more movement options.

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
Are you sure you're not mixing up haxdashing and fox-trotting, OP?

Hybalicious1

Smash Rookie
Practice tech chasing, as Falcon's game when the opponent is 50% + revolves around that (Dgrab > Fair)

ComeT____

Smash Rookie
Dash dancing is mainly used as a way to bait opponents attacks and being generally more unpredicatable. Falcon isn't amazing at approaching barring a well spaced Nair, so he rely's on his opponents to flub something (Attacking, poor stage positioning etc) So he can go in for the punish. Being aggressive with Falcon in neutral is a good way to get dismantled against any half-decent player. Only go in hard when you have momentum.

Hax dashing is for ledgestalling, baiting and mindgames last time I checked.
I agree

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
You learn thru getting fukt for doing the wrong thing, such as nairing across stage rather than a calculated distance, going for really far side b's, moonwalking after downthrow. Pretty much just constant trial and error, bruh

Top Bottom