• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the deal with people being Dittos?

Minus Bros.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2810-3314-0233
There's been countless times where I've played for glory against people. I tend to play a couple rounds with each person I play. Whether I win or lose, there's some people that like to select the same character as me. I'm not sure if it's out of rage or a sense of testability, but it's somewhat aggravating. I usually main Mario, and I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that Mario is their main, I'm not sure, but it's a little annoying when people pick the same character as out of spite. Just so you know, I usually play one character consistently. Perhaps I could switch it up a bit, but Mario is the only character I'm really good at playing.

Sylenzo

Smash Rookie
A few reasons why this happens (that i know because my friend does it) is that people want to 'give you a taste of your own medicine' as they think that your character is unbalanced or unskilful, because they think it's funny, (seriously though some people do that), they just like dittos, or coincidence, like you said.

Atem

Smash Cadet
A few reasons why this happens (that i know because my friend does it) is that people want to 'give you a taste of your own medicine' as they think that your character is unbalanced or unskilful, because they think it's funny, (seriously though some people do that), they just like dittos, or coincidence, like you said.
Some people also do it to show that they are better than you.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
And when they do switch you play for real and they don’t even touch you for both of their stocks

I’m the true Link

1FC0

Smash Lord
Some people just enjoy ditto's. I wonder how often it happens that someone ditto's you guys for fun and you assume it is out of spite or cockiness and get all mad at the guy just due to him enjoying the ditto.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
I'm guilty. Personally I just find it really fun, especially on the very rare occasion it's a Puff ditto. There was one time where me and this guy used Pound in sync, over and over, and he was right in front of me the whole time, like a synchroinzed dance routine. It's dumb, but it is enjoyable. Do not worry, we did play properly.

D

Deleted member

People do this do this to me all the time. And it gets on my nerves. But I end up beating them, since most of them don't know a thing about Zelda, and they go back to their character. The life of a Zelda main is rough :nervous:

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Haha yes I cop it all the time with ganondorf. Usually after beating all of their guys they try using him against me. After I destroy them in the ditto they always leave.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm not a big fan of main dittos myself—I see them as a challenge. But I always manage to beat any Robin I come across online. Then again, I usually only play Team For Glory, so...

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, for some reason I always lose against Dedede dittos when the guy seems at least halfway competent. But I win all my Wii Fit ones. Weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom