• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to trump or get my foes off ledges?

JamieTheMunchlax

Smash Rookie
NNID
SleepyMunchlax1
I problem I'm noticing in my Toon Link play is getting hit when trying to punish foes on the ledge. I always get too close, then down smash too early and get punished. Some things I try to do is drop a bomb down before they grab the ledge, but that doesn't seem to work. When I try to trump, they're either already up, putting me in a bad position, or I jump too high because of TL floatiness. Any help for getting them off.

Breezyspeed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5300-8379-8151
I would say you could either throw a bomb if they seem like they are about to recover, if they occasionally get up jump you could easily punish with one of his aerials. A personal favorite thing I like to do is meteor them with his d-air when there recovering, it so funny...

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
There's not a whole lot TL can do when an opponent is on the ledge. A few techniques me and my friend (who also plays Tink) is to generally pressure the ledge with projectiles i.e throw bombs, boomerang, arrows in hopes they get hit by one of them. This is the fairly safest option since Tink can just throw these at a safe distance in where the opponent cannot reach you and possibly get a bomb confirm if they get hit by one.

You can also go for a read on their getup option. Most players when playing against a Tink usually do a getup jump to avoid getting hit by a projectile which is understandable as they get to shield once they hit the ground. You need to be able to condition your opponent to do this as it's highly unlikely you'll be able to react fast enough to counter with a f-air or u-air.

Lastly, you can go for a trump. Toon Link imo doesn't have the best b-air as it sends the opponent in an awkward angle to the corner of the blast zones which generally won't kill the opponent when other character's b-air's can but this is compensated for as Tink's b-air has the most KBG out of all his moves so you can expect it to kill at generally 105%+.

If you're having a hard time trying to trump the ledge it's possible that you still need to get the timing down for it. Remember, if you tether the ledge you can instantly act out of it.

Top Bottom