• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the best way to practice teching stage spikes?

MegaJoseph32123

Smash Cadet
So one of the things that kills me most in smash is getting stage spiked. But I know you can wall tech when you hit the stage. I'm just really bad at this. I'm good at ground teching but that's about it. So Smashboards, what are some good ways to practice teching for stage spikes?

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
I’m really bad at this too. You need to just get a friend with you in Training Mode, and get them to hit you with a stage spiking move.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Play on Arena Ferox. Keep restarting the map until you get the variant that has a lot of overhead platforms. Put stocks on infinite and time on infinite and play here for a few hours with a friend or CPU opponent. There will be many, many chances to tech.

I did this last night and I think it helped me quite a bit with some practice on this topic.

Top Bottom