• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what's the best way to get out of ness's pk fire

Yukiteru

Smash Rookie
I just had an online match in which i played a pk fire spammer and there wasn't really much i could do about the fire if it hit me. I tried DIing out away from the ness but that didn't really work so well. Is there another better/quicker way to get out of the fire?

Thanks in advance guys

Masky

Smash Master
it's impossible, the only way to get out it is to hope that the Ness player takes mercy on you and hits you with a fully charged bat

or just play Ness yourself and get the other Ness in a PK Fire before they get you in one

Levitas

the moon
or just SDI to the side instead of counting on normal DI. Or SDI up for an airdodge out, or SDI down for the shield.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If Marth counters and the PKF had already struck, Ness can continue to use PKF and Marth can continue to use counter, but it really really won't help him so you're better off countering and then trying to jump out. Of course Ness players, if you do this, be sure to not get so close to Marth as he can still strike even if he is burning. XD It looks hilarious, too.

Levitas

the moon
For one SDI, you tap a direction while you're in hitlag. So hit a direction repeatedly to increase its effectiveness.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
If Marth counters and the PKF had already struck, Ness can continue to use PKF and Marth can continue to use counter, but it really really won't help him so you're better off countering and then trying to jump out. Of course Ness players, if you do this, be sure to not get so close to Marth as he can still strike even if he is burning. XD It looks hilarious, too.

Thats why i said counter xD...it happens to me all the time, i try to rush up and get a grab or something and then he counters and i get hit and hes still getting burned xD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This board is probably going to hate me for spilling this little known "secret" but if you're playing as a medium-feather weight character, just spam the jump button. The higher your damage, the easier it is to do. If you're playing someone who's above average in weight, try powershielding. Sometimes the shield will push you out of it. The reason you shouldn't try jumping with heavier characters is because it makes it very easy for Ness to counter with an aerial , usmash, or even an utilt.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
This board is probably going to hate me for spilling this little known "secret" but if you're playing as a medium-feather weight character, just spam the jump button. The higher your damage, the easier it is to do. If you're playing someone who's above average in weight, try powershielding. Sometimes the shield will push you out of it. The reason you shouldn't try jumping with heavier characters is because it makes it very easy for Ness to counter with an aerial , usmash, or even an utilt.
Sssshhh!!!

LOL A lot of people I play in tourneys still dont know how to get out well.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Thats why i said counter xD...it happens to me all the time, i try to rush up and get a grab or something and then he counters and i get hit and hes still getting burned xD
I know you said counter already. I was just pointing out what could happen if you counter and Ness decides to spam his PKF. Hilarity ensues.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I should try that against my friend`s Marth. xD
Remember, though. If you spam your PKF, trap Matha and he decides to use his counter, continue using it, but make sure you stay at a distance so his sword doesn't hit you. One time I was playing a triple threat with my friends and I was Ness. We were on Battlefield and I was fighting Marth and Falcon. Falcon was behind Marth and wasn't attacking for some reason and Marth was caught in my PKF because I was spamming it over and over again. Eventually Marth counters to escape the flames, I walked up to him, swung my bat and Marth flew into Falcon and both ended up dying. Falcon died because of the dead weight and he couldn't recover. I started laughing so much after that match.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sssshhh!!!

LOL A lot of people I play in tourneys still dont know how to get out well.
Should I edit my post? :laugh: Regardless, it's still freakishly hard to get out of it you nail them in the air especially if they are recovering. Besides, I wouldn't say it's the most important move in Ness's arsenal. I'd definately rank Fair, dthrow, bair, and PK Thunder higher.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yes edit your post. XP

I have a friend who can DI out of the PKF veryquickly taking only 2 burns and little damage from a ground PKF. However, there's still a point. Like I said, you have to read your opponent. They can jump, shield, or move out, all which can be punished with proper reading instead of just trying to attack near the flames. My guide has topis on how to use PKF well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yes edit your post. XP

I have a friend who can DI out of the PKF veryquickly taking only 2 burns and little damage from a ground PKF. However, there's still a point. Like I said, you have to read your opponent. They can jump, shield, or move out, all which can be punished with proper reading instead of just trying to attack near the flames. My guide has topis on how to use PKF well.
I doubt that "friend" would be me. :psycho: But, in our last match when I was Pit, I easily got out of your PK Fire pillar. You only hit me once with the bat.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, if I know my opponent knows the way out of the PKF maze, I dont bat or grab. Depending on what they do, I mix it up. I have one friend who shields, powershields, and spotdodges. I use the usmash on him or dtilt.

My other friend jumps out. I jump past the flames and fair.

Most of my other friends who get out roll or just move to the sides. Hyphen smashes, dash attack, or a well tied grab works here.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Just jump. Seriously, PK fire is really easy to get out of.

But better be prepared for the Ness player to chase you down in the air.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I feel that I've spammed the CRAP out of a direction in PK fire...and it does ****all. So...wtf?!

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Move away from it by jumping or dodge rolling or whatever, remember that this is not SSB4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom