• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to customize Mii Swordfighter character costumes?

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
This thread is specifically for Mii Swordfighter characters.
For Mii Brawler characters click here.
For Mii Gunner characters click here.

Many people are upset that King K. Rool and some other character's are Mii Fighter Costumes instead of full fledged characters. There's nothing to worry about. Just because a certain character has been or already is a Mii Outfit, Trophy, assist trophy, poke ball, item, boss, stage boss, stage background element, stage hazard or obstacle, Smash Run enemy, part of another character, etc. doesn't mean they will or wont be a legit smash character.

All I'm trying to say is that as long as we have these Mii Fighters costumes we should at least try and get the closest possible customized Mii to the original character. I know it won't be perfect, but it's worth a try. Hopefully this will somewhat make it up to all of the people who've wanted these characters in Smash.

Here's how we'll do this. Each character will be customized visually and physically/mechanically. Just let me know How you would customize them to be as close to the original character. Most importantly the Custom Special Moves and height & weight are the most important factors.
Visually:
- Custom Headgear & Outfit.
- Mii Maker face and body visuals (Nintendo's made some Mii QR codes that can be used as a basis)
Physically/Mechanically:
- Mii Height & Weight.
- Custom special moves (i.e. Neutral, Side, Up, & Down).
- Custom Equipment (for the over achievers).

Mii Swordfighter Character Costumes:

Link - The Legend of Zelda
Link Cap + Link Outfit. (maybe even Majora's Mask)
Mii Face: QR code.
Height & Weight: QR code.
Custom Specials:
N- 1 or 2
S- 3
U- 3 or 1
D- ?

Dunban - Xenoblade Chronicles
Dunban Wig + Dunban Outfit.
Custom Special Moves:
N- 3
S- 2
U- 1
D- 1

Zero - Mega Man X
Zero's Helmet + Zero's Armor.
Custom Special Moves:
N-
S-
U-
D-

Chrom - Fire Emblem
Chrom Wig + Chrom Outfit.
Custom Special Moves: I assume he would be a mix between Marth and Ike.
N- 3
S- 2
U- 2 or 1
D- 1

Black Knight - Fire Emblem
Black Knight Helm + Black Knight's Armor.
Mii Face: N/A.
Height & Weight:
Custom Special Moves:
N-
S-
U-
D-

Lloyd - Tales of Symphonia
Lloyd Wig + Lloyd Outfit.
Custom Special Moves:
N - 3: Blurring Blade (Sword Rain)
S - 1: Airborne Assault (Tempest) or 3: Chakram (Lloyd's love interest uses chakrams as her main weapons)
U - 2: Skyward Slash Dash (Tiger Rage) or 3: Hero's Spin (kinda similar to Raging Beast, it's a stretch)
D - 3: Power Thrust (Sonic Thrust when used on the ground, Rising Phoenix when used in the air)
These threads were made specifically for the DLC Mii Fighter character costumes. There are however multiple Mii Fighter characters that can be created and customized from the already available Mii Fighter Outfits and Headgear. The characters may include Barbra the Bat, Captain Falcon, Daisy, Luigi, Mario, Metaknight, Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Shy Guy, Toad, Waluigi, Wario, and many more. If you would like to include one of these custom Mii Fighter characters or one of your own based off of another Character let me know.

Sources:
- http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html.
- http://www.ssbwiki.com/Alternate_costume_%28SSB4%29#Mii_Fighter.

Last edited:

kewlmyc

Smash Rookie
For Lloyd (Symphonia attack names in parentheses):

N - 3: Blurring Blade (Sword Rain)
S - 1: Airborne Assault (Tempest) or alternatively 3: Chakram (Lloyd's love interest uses chakrams as her main weapons)
U - 2: Skyward Slash Dash (Tiger Rage) or alternatively 3: Hero's Spin (kinda similar to Raging Beast, it's a stretch)
D - 3: Power Thrust (Sonic Thrust when used on the ground, Rising Phoenix when used in the air)

It makes him accurate to his Symphonia self, but kinda crappy to play. Lack of his Symphonia combos hurts his moveset.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
For Dunban:
N- 3 (Blade Flurry): IIRC, Dunban doesn't shoot any projectiles that could be compared to Tornado Strike or Shuriken, so this makes the most sense, even if it's not really that close to any of Dunban's attacks animation-wise.
S- 2 (Surging Slash): Comparable to Gale Slash, which has Dunban dashing forwards in a similar manner.
U- 1 (Back in the Stone) or 3 (Hero's Spin): 1 could emulate Demon Slayer, which has Dunban jump up and then slam his sword down in a similar manner, though the downwards strike is actually a slash and not a stab. Aerial 3 could emulate Soaring Tempest, which similarly has Dunban jump in the air and spin his sword around.
D- 1 (Blade Counter) or 3 (Power Thrust): D1 doesn't actually reflect any one attack, but Dunban's character role as a whole. After all, he's an "agility tank", excelling at dodging enemy attacks and then retaliating, which could be likened to Smash's counter moves. D3, like S2, is similar to Gale Slash. Animation-wise D3 is actually closer to the move than S2, I think.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
A new challenger approaches: Elsa lets it go!

I even have a backstory for her - Elsa travels to the Smash universe to seek out new trade partners for Arendelle.

Picture and qr code to come
Height: normal
Weight: mid to skinny
Clothes: Pirate clothes to give her a cape and it looks the most regal, retconned into her "traveling clothes"
Headgear: Master Gardener's Crown because it looks fitting for a snow queen

Moveset
Neutral 1 - Elsa sends a concentrated icy flurry towards her foes
Side 2 - Elsa glides forward as if skating, also rumor has it that Ike trained her how to swordfight (let the shippers speculate)
Up 3 - Elsa jumps forward with a flourish, like she's spinning around and singing let it go
Down 2 - Elsa reflects projectiles with a short wave of ice

Victory music - a very shortened version of "Let it go" obviously. Notable as the only victory theme with vocals.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
The sets I use:

Zero: (based on research)

N-3 (really this is the only thing that fits)
S-2 (makes sense for such a powerful character)
U-1 or 2
D-3 (same reason as S-2)

Black Knight: (Since Chrom's moves are derived from Marth and Lucina, I thought his could be reminiscent of Ike's. I made him as tall as possible, since he's a pretty big dude. Also, since his name doesn't fit in the 10-character limit, I called him BlacKnight instead)

N-3
S-2
U-1
D-1

Last edited:

pokemonfan32

Smash Rookie
has anyone figured out the most fitting moveset for the Gil mii fighter costume?

i would appreciate it if someone would figure out the best fitting moveset for gil mii fighter costume

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Here is what I use for Chrom:
Up-B: Stone Scabbard since most of the FE characters have linear recovery and it's similar to Ike's up-b.
Side-B: Slash Launcher since it is the most similar move to any of the FE characters. (Ike's side-b)
Down-B: Blade Counter because almost all of the FE characters have a counter move as their down-b.
Neutral-B: Blurring Blade since both Marth and Lucina use the move and Chrom is a descendant of Marth and Lucina is his daughter...

Top Bottom