• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best set of Mii Swordfighter?

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Hello, all.

My name's B-Black, fellow Bowser and Gunner main.
I'm here to ask a question about what is the best set to use in every tournament.
Why? I've suggested french players to allow Miis in tournaments, but with only 1 set. This set is what they can win in most MU.
That's why I need your help: to discuss it, by analyzing every special moves and their advantages.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
There is no best Mii Swordfighter set. As stated multiple times, the set comes down to preference. With that being said, there are some moves that work best or cover each weakness together than other. I believe the Swordfighter community admits that the ideal build is 133X or 132X. Nyani, one of our higher level swordfighter players, suggested 1332 cover majority of our match ups. So I guess go with 1332.

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
1322 is probably equally as versatile as 1332, the up b choice is a personal prefference thing imo.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
How the first neutral B is more useful than the Shuriken?
I mean, it's laggy and punishable as well.

Routa

Smash Lord
+ Big as Feck projectile
+ Multihit
+ Windbox
+ stalls in air
+ Beats/"absorbs" most projectiles
+ Launches foes upwards

- Laggy

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Pretty much what Routa stated. Also, if you have Chakram (Side B 3), it pretty much covers your Shuriken of Light coverage with better options without worrying about position. Otherwise, you can use whatever Neutral B you want if you are using Airborne Assault/Slash Launcher.

Once again, there is no best set. I personally find SoL with Chakram redundant in the same set but it can be use as a projectile mixup or mindgame. Chakram is one frame slower and loses to any hitbox while be having consistent damage. SoL is one frame faster, does a lot of shield damage, but damage based on distance yet it is transcendent (I believe).

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Pretty much what Routa stated. Also, if you have Chakram (Side B 3), it pretty much covers your Shuriken of Light coverage with better options without worrying about position. Otherwise, you can use whatever Neutral B you want if you are using Airborne Assault/Slash Launcher.

Once again, there is no best set. I personally find SoL with Chakram redundant in the same set but it can be use as a projectile mixup or mindgame. Chakram is one frame slower and loses to any hitbox while be having consistent damage. SoL is one frame faster, does a lot of shield damage, but damage based on distance yet it is transcendent (I believe).
Doesn't it give you invincibility as well?

Also I got used to 3333, and currently am getting used to 1111, but I feel most moves are viable xD

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Doesn't it give you invincibility as well?

Also I got used to 3333, and currently am getting used to 1111, but I feel most moves are viable xD
It does but it is like 1 frame and most noticeable using fatter mii than a skinner one.

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
The people here know me, I like 2332 the best these days. I choose the Shuriken instead of the Tornado, because it's way faster and Chakram beats most of the same projectiles that the tornado does. For those cases where it doesn't, Rainbow Slash is there. This set wins projectile wars with ease and Hero's Spin is a great OoS option + kill move. The distance is not as far as Super Slash Dash, but still satisfactory and what you get in return is so worth it.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
The people here know me, I like 2332 the best these days. I choose the Shuriken instead of the Tornado, because it's way faster and Chakram beats most of the same projectiles that the tornado does. For those cases where it doesn't, Rainbow Slash is there. This set wins projectile wars with ease and Hero's Spin is a great OoS option + kill move. The distance is not as far as Super Slash Dash, but still satisfactory and what you get in return is so worth it.
You find the SoL different enough to be of use with chakram? or just that it's the best of the three options?

Last edited:

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
You find the SoL different enough to be of use with chakram? or just that it's the best of the three options?
I do find SoL useful besides Chakram because of the damage. It can deal 10% at max range and 6-8 at slightly less range. It's therefore also much better on shield at those ranges. When the opponent is up close, tilt chakram is a better option. It even combos nicely to each other. Besides what I already mentioned, that's about it. The whole tornado vs SoL debate is fast raw damage vs big slow hitbox projectile. I prefer speed in my sword playstyle, so that's why I usually go for SoL.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I do find SoL useful besides Chakram because of the damage. It can deal 10% at max range and 6-8 at slightly less range. It's therefore also much better on shield at those ranges. When the opponent is up close, tilt chakram is a better option. It even combos nicely to each other. Besides what I already mentioned, that's about it. The whole tornado vs SoL debate is fast raw damage vs big slow hitbox projectile. I prefer speed in my sword playstyle, so that's why I usually go for SoL.
Ahh I see. I guess I'm thinking move variety has more value then damage optimization of the two slots. Your reason makes it worth looking into.

Top Bottom