• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the amount of GSP needed for elite smash with ness?

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I have approximately 1,600,000 GSP with ness and, still havent got elite smash. What's the amount of GSP needed as of now (12/18/18)?

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
How am i supposed to view my win/loss ratio.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
With Ness I have 1.613 Mil who also happens to be my highest and is in Elite. You are very close, keep grinding!

Last edited:

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
I am in elite Smash with Ness, and it was much easier to get into after playing 1v1s. The 1.2.0 patch getting rid of the FFA madness will make this a lot less random. Win streaks help. I think I initially got in at 1,500,000 GSP. It only took a few matches after they fixed the 1v1 queue to get in. FFA matches can drain your W/L and GSP pretty quickly.

Lypion

Smash Cadet
Your GSP only matters once you're in elite with one character somehow. Its still unclear but as soon as you're in you'll get each character unlocked in elite as soon as you reach the gsp elite limit, bevore that it's kinda weird because some people get in easily and some struggle.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
So i got dedede in elite smash instead at 1,790,491 GSP.

Thekidandy

Smash Rookie
Ive seen 2.1m ness prob from everyone getting this game for christmas a lot more players

David Franco

Smash Rookie
The required GSP for Ness to enter Elite Smash is about 2.25 million, and it probably increases by about 100,000 GSP every day, and within the next week, it will probably reach 3 million. Your win ratio also helps with this as the more wins you have, the more GSP you earn. For example, if you win five times and lose zero times, you beat all of the people that won six times but lost once. Although, I do believe that the required GSP for characters to enter Elite Smash will eventually increase slower, when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's purchase rate declines.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
The required GSP for Ness to enter Elite Smash is about 2.25 million, and it probably increases by about 100,000 GSP every day, and within the next week, it will probably reach 3 million. Your win ratio also helps with this as the more wins you have, the more GSP you earn. For example, if you win five times and lose zero times, you beat all of the people that won six times but lost once. Although, I do believe that the required GSP for characters to enter Elite Smash will eventually increase slower, when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's purchase rate declines.
Dont even care anymore since gsp affects everything but arenas. Rather a rank mode than these dumb numbers because this divides the playerbase. Good luck trying to find a FFA time and all items at a particularly high gsp. Or even stamina, etc, just goodluck with any mode but stock and no stage hazards.

David Franco

Smash Rookie
That would be bad luck, considering that a Ness main like me is not prepared to be beat by three people at once.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
That would be bad luck, considering that a Ness main like me is not prepared to be beat by three people at once.
Not bad luck since it wouldve been a seperate mode for gsp. As someone whose a perfect balance with casual and competitive, gsp is a hindrance if it isnt exclusive to a for glory type mode. It would also help if this game had leaderboards

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Gsp and elite smash are best ignored altogether. All it does is discourage rematches against better players/bad matchups to maintain a high score, thus hindering your own growth as a player. A leaderboard would be no different, so I don’t feel that would solve anything.

Blazenfire56

Smash Rookie
I heard that you had to get a 3.2 million gsp to enter elite so I finally got to it and it’s not true, I think you have to be the top 10 best percent of your character to enter into elite smash

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
I'm at 3.411 mill at the time of writing and in elite smash, for what that's worth.

I also had a bit of an epiphany the other day. We were told that elite smash would be used to balance the cast, so if a disproportionate amount of people perform well with their character, that character could very well get nerfed even though they don't deserve it...

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I'm at 3.411 mill at the time of writing and in elite smash, for what that's worth.

I also had a bit of an epiphany the other day. We were told that elite smash would be used to balance the cast, so if a disproportionate amount of people perform well with their character, that character could very well get nerfed even though they don't deserve it...
I’m worried about this happening. I don’t know if I’m worried about it with Ness too much because I don’t see a ton of Ness mains but definitely for some other more popular characters. Hopefully they’ll take a lot of other things into account other than Elite Smash when balancing because Elite Smash isn’t some benchmark of high level play

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
My Ness is just barely in Elite and he's around 3.35 mil or so since yesterday. I haven't played yet today though.

Top Bottom