• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's so great about Mewtwo?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I dont think the characters you listed really has anything complaint worthy that doesnt have an answer for it.
Exactly. They fail to acknowledge things like the insane endlag on Nayru's, the possibility of edgeguarding Diddy, or the ability to use bananas against him. It's the same group of people that ***** about Peach's dsmash and such things in Melee.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Eh, there's also orders of magnitude more relevant matchups in PM, so it's inevitable that some relevant MUs are gonna be broken one way or the other - in which case the affected players have every right to point out that their character auto-loses that matchup.

But that's why we have secondaries. :<

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Exactly. They fail to acknowledge things like the insane endlag on Nayru's, the possibility of edgeguarding Diddy, or the ability to use bananas against him. It's the same group of people that ***** about Peach's dsmash and such things in Melee.
And these are the people making the game. "Let's nerf Zelda!"
Who hired these people? They complain about Diddy but im getting autocomboed to death by mario every week and they cheer for this. I dislike people, especially humans.

Frost | Odds

You can always tell meleetists by nonspecific complaints about "jank". When prompted for specifics, and then given solutions for those specific problems, the word for word response will almost always be "meh, it's a dumb game anyway".

I don't understand why Mario being as stupid as he is atm is regarded as more ok than Diddy's situation. Diddy might be a bit more polarized, but Mario doesn't really lose to anyone other than Mewtwo.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
You can always tell meleetists by nonspecific complaints about "jank". When prompted for specifics, and then given solutions for those specific problems, the word for word response will almost always be "meh, it's a dumb game anyway".

I don't understand why Mario being as stupid as he is atm is regarded as more ok than Diddy's situation. Diddy might be a bit more polarized, but Mario doesn't really lose to anyone other than Mewtwo.
Our mario beats our mewtwo quite often now which wasnt the case at first. The only complaints about diddy is the bananas still, as if no one bothers tryin to learn how to use items. Being able to tech them is a huge nerf plus being able to hit them. Being unable to sweetspot and getting comboed 0-70 pretty much guaranteed isnt exactly screaming nerf lol

Frost | Odds

Yeah. Glide tossing is so hard, right? :/

It's only really a problem for characters with garbage item toss animations, like Bowser and Roy. Diddy also loses to some weird matchups like Sheik, which is completely laughable for Mario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's a possible list of factors for why M2K doesn't do "more" with M2. It's not a total lack of awareness (besides maybe the ditto, cause that MU seems complicated and he's admitted before that he just tries stuff and see if it works) or just being stubborn. I'd give him a lot more credit than some of you currently are.

Frost | Odds

His primary complaint at the time was that he's too used to playing with tap jump to turn it off (required for some shenanigans out of TP iirc), which I sympathize with.

Frost | Odds

Technically yeah, but to TP midair with it on and retain your midair jump, you'd need to be frame perfect every single time. Not practical, even for m2k.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
FWIW, I manage just fine with Tap Jump On, and do TP into hover stuff just by using Tap Jump to leave the ground and then UpB'ing while its still held. So it's really just Up -> delayed B input.

Top Bottom