• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Kirby's best Smash in general? (Not just for killing.)

What is Kirby's best Smash attack?

• Total voters

CitrusJelly

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0705-6077-1178
Switch FC
SW 4613 0567 5118
Taking into account speed, punishability, etc. If I were just wanting kill percents I would test myself.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Well, his down smash has the most ending lag, but also the highest knockback. Therefore, down smash is best used for close range punishes, I've found.

I'm gonna go with forward smash.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Usmash is disjointed and VERY STRONG, so getting this at like 80% may kill on a lot of characters.
Fsmash is quite strong and decently fast, mostly as a punish, but does have slight shield push back.
Dsmash is I think garuntee on some characters from dair and it's his fastest with still powerful knockback

I think either Usmash or Fsmash

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Can't find the frame data for cooldown, but Usmash is hella strong, and from my experience, if you hit with the tip it's safer on shield than the other two. Plus invincibility on the feet?

Definitely USmash IMO.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I find all of Kirby's smash attacks to be pretty awesome, but if I had to choose between all 3 of them, I'd probably go for F-Smash just because it's a good punishing tool and is one of Kirby's best kill options.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Hard to say which one is best.

Up-Smash is one of the most powerful of its kind and properly spaced it's safe on shield, has invincible feet, yet its startup and range can make it hard to punish with and it's tough to use it out of shield like Pikachu can.

F-Smash is very strong and has good range compared to most of Kirby's moves and kills great after a D-Tilt trip. Also its end lag makes it rather on unsafe on shield.

D-Smash also has invincible feat, is good for catching rolls, and makes a decent kill setup after D-Air against non-fast fallers. Also the range and startup are letdowns.

From experience though, I've probably gotten the most kills with F-Smash thanks to how it comes out of nowhere and makes a great punish.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My favourite part of F-Smash is that it's small movement is enough to use as a dodge against many moves while still staying in range for your follow up. F-Smash away to F-Smash punish is so simple and so satisfying.
U-Smash is amazing when you get it off though and D-Smash definitely has its place but I'd personally call Down Kirby's worst. Not that it's bad, he just has good smashes.

brady_boy_26

Smash Cadet
this is a hard say for me but up smash he a lot of intangibility to it and is super powerful so i will say that

honestly kirby just has really good smash attacks

Last edited:
Top Bottom