• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't like the idea of transformations either, it takes away power from each character and makes them into one wussy one. That would be cool however, if Sheik and Zelda were separate, and Samus and Zamus were separate also. I think people would like it more too.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i think we should get an extremeley balanced roster
then all the chaos would melt away
also character haters and lovers would stop spamming everywhere

why is noone here i'm the most recent post in like 7 threads

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
How 'bout Yoshi's final smash? Or maybe a single special attack where all we see is an egg he threw? That'd be rather evil...<_<
A big, white and green spotted egg radiating rainbow-colored lights with Mario, Kirby and Wario peering at it curiously, caption:

"What could be inside? It doesn't seem close to hatching."

Tri-Edge

Smash Rookie
In 1upsmash the people was talking about Zelda's visual changes, like the hair and dress.
And Sheik together with Zelda have one only good thing, the recover. Zelda's UpB(Farore's Wind) are the best recovery in the game. Sheik's Upb it's really Slow and little comapre to Zelda's UpB. here in brazil there are players who use this in the midlle of the battle.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I think it's important to take the popularity of OoT into consideration.

Yeah, someone like Shadow Mario could be a side character. But people don't care about Mario Sunshine as much as they do OoT. Not including Shiek is like not including Peach - who is by the way way less god **** plot-driving than Shiek/Zelda.

Can we cut the **** about Shiek not being important to the plot? How can you justify this by saying "I'ts just Zelda in a disguise"?

Ummm ok, AND?

She helps Link through the plot, teaches songs, spies on Ganon, provides mystery, plot twist, AND historic inclusion. The REASON Ganon can't get the Triforce of Wisdom is because Zelda hides away as Shiek. The REASON there is a final showdown is because in Zelda's capture by Ganon at the end, Ganon decides she will make a good bait for Link. If Zelda never became Shiek, Ganon would have captured her initially, and killed her right away for the Triforce's power since Link wasn't around (frozen in time). If Shiek wasn't around, who could teach Link the important songs? The fact that Zelda was able to hide, and aid Link with dungeons, makes the final dual with Ganon possible, and allows her to ultimately stay alive to help Link to escape the tower before it collapses. This and te fact that she is taught in the ways of the Shiekah to pass her knowledge to Link plays an important part in the story.

I am quite astounded at how many of you are saying she plays no role. Seriously? Pay attention.

Who teaches Link the magical songs needed to advance?

Shiek.

Who directs Link to the next dungeon?

Shiek.

Who saves Ruto?

Shiek.

Who Guides Link to travel back and forth between time?

Shiek.

Who looks EXTREMELY bad@$$?

Shiek. (It's valid, kiss my ***)

Yes we do not always SEE Shiek, but she's there the ENTIRE time practically. Watching Link.

So can we shut up about it? It's sort of like saying the Eye of Sauron in Lord of the Rings is an unimportant character because it's never doing anything. Hell, Shiek does MORE than the eye!

Zelda OoT is nearly one of the best (selling) games of ALL TIME. Why get rid of a character that is not only known by many but also important to the game's plot? I'm not saying you people are wrong for saying she won't appear, or that you need to change your opinion, just please, enough with these BS rationale!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
of course an obvious but new charaxter is always good

everyone will be screaming that they guessed it

also i'm a sucker for music

people if u want to rant about sheik please go to the zelda chat room

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Whoa! Awesome! Zelda! I love playing as Zelda in SSBM and may just main her in SSBB if she kicks as much ***.

I think it'd be cool if they started sneaking in returning, starting characters into screenshots...Like, say, tonights is about shielding or grabbing or crawling but the screenshots feature DK, Yoshi, and/or Capt. Falcon.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Please give Zelda a down-b move... dont really care if Sheik is in or not, but i dont want her taking any moves from Zelda, actually, i think itd be great if Sheik was a separate character (or not in at all, i really dont care bout her), but i really DONT want Sheik as a Zelda transformation cause then they will freakin nerf Zelda again...

I want a new, good, buffed up, revamped, "tournament level competing-able" Zelda, we tue believers deserve it, Melee was a joke when it came to Zelda :/

RDK

Smash Hero
also i'm a sucker for music
Oohhhhh, the relevance--it's killing me.

people if u want to rant about sheik please go to the zelda chat room
STFU, n00blet.

And Sneak, I wasn't trying to argue that Sheik had NO involvement/relevance to OoT--the gist of what I was trying to say was that Sheik is, essentially, Zelda--and we already have that in Brawl. Why waste ANOTHER character slot for a different form of a character we already have? I believe they made that mistake with Dr. Mario (although he is a cool character).

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Whoa! Awesome! Zelda! I love playing as Zelda in SSBM and may just main her in SSBB if she kicks as much ***.

I think it'd be cool if they started sneaking in returning, starting characters into screenshots...Like, say, tonights is about shielding or grabbing or crawling but the screenshots feature DK, Yoshi, and/or Capt. Falcon.
That'd be great if they started slipping them in different screenshots and shrouded them in different attack effects to hide their identity.

Then again, I'd probably stop visiting these boards since people would convince themselves that Deckard Cain is in Brawl or something due to a vague screenshot.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Been waiting for that to happen since the 1st update. Would be wicked cool.

RDK

Smash Hero
Then again, I'd probably stop visiting these boards since people would convince themselves that Deckard Cain is in Brawl or something due to a vague screenshot.
LOL, Jesus Christ--is that the virgin Mary shinespiking Pikachu into oblivion?

now would anyone be horrified if it was a new stage or music
*horrified*

Edit: Realized I hit Journeyman. :D Hoorah.
When I hit Journeyman, I was so excited I crapped my pants. Then I realized how long it is until you reach Apprentice. I still have some 200 odd posts to go before that happens...it makes you restless on the boards...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
of course music can start a chain reaction

the pirate song from dkc will make an arguement over k. rool's inclusion in the game

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
When I hit Journeyman, I was so excited I crapped my pants. Then I realized how long it is until you reach Apprentice. I still have some 200 odd posts to go before that happens...it makes you restless on the boards...
As long as it's not as bad as Newgrounds. I think I hit level 9 ... a good 6-7 years ago and I'm still level 9. Has to be a solid 1000 XP between those two levels...

the pirate song from dkc will make an arguement over k. rool's inclusion in the game
Would probably lead to Diddy Kong conclusions before K.Rool, really.

RDK

Smash Hero
As long as it's not as bad as Newgrounds. I think I hit level 9 ... a good 6-7 years ago and I'm still level 9. Has to be a solid 1000 XP between those two levels...
Ouch.

I've noticed when people around here start hitting the past 1,000 mark, they become uninterested and bored with the forums, and anything Smash. Like Admin-itis, or something.

It makes me sad thinking about it, really, that one day I might become that bored with Smash.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ouch.

I've noticed when people around here start hitting the past 1,000 mark, they become uninterested and bored with the forums, and anything Smash. Like Admin-itis, or something.

It makes me sad thinking about it, really, that one day I might become that bored with Smash.
Really?
It's probably that you get sick of talking to n00bs.
...like me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmmm.
3 hours left till the next update.
Won't be nearly as epic as the Zelda update, but some new music would be kewl.
It keeps you guessing over who could be in the game.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Marth isn't a real character, he's just a gay glitch made of disjointed hitboxes.

If you think about it, he's gay in every way: the looks, his voice, the cheapness, etc.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Phoenix
*enuche voice*
...yes.
m-Marth is..th-th-th-...he..i-is awsome?
NOT!
*runs like a flying f**k*

@Phoenix
*enuche voice*
...yes.
m-Marth is..th-th-th-...he..i-is awsome?
NOT!
*runs like a flying f**k*
Running only makes it worse.

You'll have to come home eventually.

@ Cyberdemon: Yeah,I bet it took you a long time to steal that quote from Doraki's signiture.How can Marth be cheap why he doesn't have an excelent Match ups?Even Falcon can **** Marth.

The day I come home is the day Marth gets in Brawl!
(snickers at ones brilliant and sharp wit)
I guess I'll just live in your house until you get back then.I'll pose as a millionaire who wants to live a more simple life,and give them false checks to a swiss bank account to pay for your room.

As soon as you come back,pledge your eternal allegiance to Marth as your Savior.Otherwise,I will behead you.Sound fair?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, on one way, yes.
However, in diffrent way; HELL no.

I will never swear allegiance to a spoony bard!
...oh wait.
Wrong game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom