• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
Saying Sheik should be a part of Brawl is like saying that Cammy Koopa should be in Brawl because she was a Koopa, and Koopas still have an important hand in the Mario Games. Do you see your logic in this? Oh, wait--there is none.
Let me rephrase that, not to put you down or anything, but to use a better reference. ;)

Saying Sheik is important and deserves to be in Brawl is like saying that Shadow Mario from Mario Sunshine is important and deserves to be in Brawl. Shadow Mario was a disguise for another, more noticable, popular and important character, yet provided a plot twist to it's home game. But would Shadow Mario make an excellent addition to Brawl? No. Not as good of an addition that Bowser Jr. would make.

The only reason people back Sheik so much is because he HAS appeared in Melee and was a relatively popular character due to being high tier, being a leet ninja, an overpowered character, or whatever such nonsense. If Sheik wasn't in Melee and someone suggested him now for Brawl, most people would think it a silly choice and would rather see Midna.

Regardless, like one of my previous posts, Brawl WILL be different than Melee as much as Melee WAS different than 64. I'll quote myself... can I do that?

myself said:
The next time you play Melee, don't pick your precious Marth, Fox and Shiek mains. Play someone like Yoshi, Pichu or Mewtwo. That's how you become well-skilled and adapted to the game. Then you'll be ready for whatever Brawl throws at you.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Fanewgie said:
If Sheik wasn't in Melee and someone suggested him now for Brawl, most people would think it a silly choice and would rather see Midna.
If somebody suggested her, I'd want her, Midna, and Ralph. They are by far the coolest Zelda characters ever.

When Melee was announced, the only character I wanted to play was Sheik. This was way back before I joined Smashboards, and I didn't even know that tires exit'd.

burrito

Smash Lord
I've played OOT. Sheik is just a character that shows up and tells you were to go next. Plus, she was only a disguise of Zelda, Navi was more significant. Sheik is becoming a distant memory of the Zelda series, with no reason to bring him/her back.

Plus, Sheik did not work well as a character mechanic for Zelda. How many people do you know play as Zelda and actively switch between her and Sheik? As I've said before, it was too overly complicated and the Smash Bros. series has always been about being simple.

You people obviously have to prepare for a change in Brawl. Anyone who wants sheik to in brawl because she's "good" should realize that brawl is going to play differently. For all we know, Sheik could suck horribly in brawl.

The Zelda/Sheik thing was a HUGE the ONLY plot twist in OoT Zelda history. To say that Sheik was a "side character...not essential to the storyline" is to be ignorant.
I can't tell if you are joking or not, but their have been many plot twists throughout Zelda, in fact, there was a very similar plot twist with Tetra. Although, Tetra plays a MUCH larger role that Sheik.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
The Tetra/Zelda thing didn't hit me with as much shock as the Sheik/Zelda thing. Then again, I played OoT when I was going through my "ZOMG I luv ninjas!!!" phase, so I guess I am biased.

I find it interesting that Zelda has been a ninja and a pirate. How awesome is that?

The strikethrough thing was a joke. I was just saying that the Zelda/Sheik thing is (IMO) the quintessential Zelda plot twist

NukeA6

Smash Master
First Ridley, than the Zamus transformation, and now Sheik.

I just hope Zelda's B moves (down B included) is tomorrow just so we can end this debate. But Sakurai is less predictable than a box of chocolates. He surprised me in Melee and he is still doing i with his site.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Ridley will work. Will he/it work like Bowser in that sense? That thing will probably be terrifying, lol.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I was playing a little Melee and decided to dive deeper into the mystery of Zelda's second screenshot, as I didn't see any conclusion, and things need to get back on topic anyway:

I believe this was most commonly viewed as her standard ground A move, when she extends her arm and zaps in front of her. However, she stands much more straight during execution in Melee, and the sight of her dress at the bottom of the screenshot leads me to think this is an aerial manuever.

Analyzing her aerial moves:

Standard A: spins with her arms outstretched. Not it.
Forward A: heel kick. Not it.
Backward A: heel kick. Not it.
Upward A: big ol' fireball. Not it.
Downward A: yet another heel kick. Not it.

The first thing to point out is that her standard A is literally the same as Peach's (evidence that Zelda's model was editted off of Peach's just as Jigglypuff's was Kirby's, along with Zelda's ground down tilt). This leads me to think that this screenshot may be her new standard aerial attack, or perhaps forward aerial.

Just for the record, her first screenshot is coming out of a roll-dodge (I think, or perhaps landing after a jump), third is the "recoil" of Din's Fire (as in, the action she makes when it detonates), and the fourth is her ground down tilt.

Today's dosage of food for your mind. Thoughts?

I'd usually give a prediction here on what I expect to see tonight, but, Sakurai fried the prediction part of my brain pretty good.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
agreeing with Stryks' post-Yes cause that would be dumber than roy_owns posts.

I noticed that as well and I have no clue. Maybe she will no longer suck?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was playing a little Melee and decided to dive deeper into the mystery of Zelda's second screenshot, as I didn't see any conclusion, and things need to get back on topic anyway:

I believe this was most commonly viewed as her standard ground A move, when she extends her arm and zaps in front of her. However, she stands much more straight during execution in Melee, and the sight of her dress at the bottom of the screenshot leads me to think this is an aerial manuever.

Analyzing her aerial moves:

Standard A: spins with her arms outstretched. Not it.
Forward A: heel kick. Not it.
Backward A: heel kick. Not it.
Upward A: big ol' fireball. Not it.
Downward A: yet another heel kick. Not it.

The first thing to point out is that her standard A is literally the same as Peach's (evidence that Zelda's model was editted off of Peach's just as Jigglypuff's was Kirby's, along with Zelda's ground down tilt). This leads me to think that this screenshot may be her new standard aerial attack, or perhaps forward aerial.

Just for the record, her first screenshot is coming out of a roll-dodge (I think, or perhaps landing after a jump), third is the "recoil" of Din's Fire (as in, the action she makes when it detonates), and the fourth is her ground down tilt.

Today's dosage of food for your mind. Thoughts?

I'd usually give a prediction here on what I expect to see tonight, but, Sakurai fried the prediction part of my brain pretty good.
That has to be her standard A move. It may be a bit windy in the Lylat Cruise in certain parts so it might explain the way the dress is. Then again, Sakurai did say he was gonna make better use for aerial combat.

RDK

Smash Hero
I agree. They would probably have a transform function.

Thanks for tearing down my post which had what were at least somewhat sensical points. Next time, if you disagree - that's fine. But don't try to fuse in your own dip**** logic with MY post.

Die.
I wasn't fusing--I was merely stating my opinion on why I think Sheik shouldn't be in Smash. I wasn't tearing your post up, or flaming you or anything.

And, btw, there wasn't anything wrong with my logic. It was quite straightforward.

And Doggalina, try thinking before you call someone ignorant because of someone's view (OPINION) on something. These are forums, are they not? We're all allowed to have opinions.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ridley will be a Bowser/Yoshi/Mewtwo clone which is not a clone at all
Where exactly did you get this information from?

Again--the little birdie that whispered into your ear the other day doesn't count.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Bah, 7 odd hours till the next update.
Guessing what it will be is now futile, sakurai is so random.
...but ANOTHER CHARACTER UPDATE WOULD BE AWSOME.
*crosses fingers*
Come on gannon...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
oh that it was both a mock of people insisting it was a bowser clone
and logic simply by assesing Ridley's shape and character

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
a very luigified clone think of it
fans and ridley himself want him to use his claws tail and mouth
sadly that limits him in using some of other character moves
including his down smash, many of his tilts and quite possibly his b smash

Blackadder

Smash Master
"many fans and ridley himself want him to use his claws"

Wha?
Are you like 9?

But aside from that, I feel he will be entirly new and unique, move-wise.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
hey my information is mostly derived from the official Ridley thread

besides make a movelist to prove me wrong because i want to be

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well ness has three cons working for him

first he has no new games
people hated him being nerfed in melee so he returns as 64 ness or not at all
finally lucas was supposed to replace ness in mellee but he's japan only and too risky

because of fire emblems rise due to marth and roy, nintendo might not fear putting another japan only advertisement character

darn it u beat me

Blackadder

Smash Master
hey my information is mostly derived from the official Ridley thread

besides make a movelist to prove me wrong because i want to be
I'm not good at making move lists.
But I can tell you now, the official Ridley thread is not a relable source of info.
Its for speculation.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
yes but speculation is all we have right now

anyway i hope i'm wrong but an unique moveset for Ridley is hard to visualize
trying to find some inspiration here and there

After reading this I must ask:

What does popularity and importance in a series have to do with any characters inclusion?

It's just a bunch of BS that's been spread around the boards.Despite if Shiek was important or not,her chances are just as good as anyones,so cut the bull ****.

That's all I have to say for that matter.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
"Oh, but they said so in the National Enquirer of threads! And it's impossible for him to be original because he'll end up using his claws and teeth, just like luigi and yoshi!"

I will never be upset at whatever roy_owns posts ever again after seeing that, I mean, at least bring a fact or two to the table.

And I don't believe there is any significant proof that any non confirmed character is pseudo confirmed. Even Yoshi, and ESPECIALLY Ridley. Any character has a chance of being in, but background music doesn't confirm anyone.

RDK

Smash Hero
I will never be upset at whatever roy_owns posts ever again after seeing that, I mean, at least bring a fact or two to the table.
But that would mean he might have to do some research on the topic he's arguing--and we can't have that, can we.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This day will go down in my books as the day with the most random post-heated-discussions like with the Sheik one. We would argue for like 2 pages about the time line and how it would affect sheiks inclusion, and someone would come in "ShEik is teh pWnzoRZ! ShEik'll own teh BRAWL!". The confirmed character discussion thread is abotu as ridiculous as this one has gotten at some points. I'm going to say now, unless there is an epic update, I'm announcing my retirement from these two threads.

EDIT: Since I refuse to post again here, I'll jsut edit this post over and over. This jsut goes to show, we could get some revolutionary control scheme explained, and people would only care about Ridley's update being right aroudn the corner. *Roll's eyes.*

EDIT 2: @Fanewgie I'm guessing a veteran or an item. It's been a while.

EDIT 3: Donkey smasher is officially my arch nemesis. You will be my mortal enemy till the day I die. That is all!

EDIT 4: OH SNAP! Agreed in full Fanewgie

RDK

Smash Hero
The confirmed character discussion thread is abotu as ridiculous as this one has gotten at some points
What's funny, though, is that this thread isn't about confirmed character discussion--at least initially. It's funny to see how these conversations spiral off into random crap, like how Zelda/Link's timeline fits into the game, or Sheik's inclusion into the game, etc.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
What's funny, though, is that this thread isn't about confirmed character discussion--at least initially. It's funny to see how these conversations spiral off into random crap, like how Zelda/Link's timeline fits into the game, or Sheik's inclusion into the game, etc.
It always starts with someone saying something ignorant like "this update means _____!!1", and then those of us with logical thoughts and opinions get flamed for not agreeing, too.

What do you guys think we're going to get as an update tonight? As I've said before, I've been rendered completely clueless now. Though I hope it's more veterans.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Anyone thought of the possibility that Sheik could be her own character altogether this time? Now that would be unexpected.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
just watch tomorrow's update is going to be

king k rool's final smash
oops we didn't tell you he was even a character
here is the move anyway lol

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Anyone thought of the possibility that Sheik could be her own character altogether this time? Now that would be unexpected.
I'd take it. Both of them have more potential alone, based purely on the fact that almost no one uses the transformation mid-battle anyway. Most people pick one or the other, as far as I know.

For the most part I'm only against the idea of a transformation. It didn't work well in Melee, IMO, and I'd like to see them improve from their mistakes, not repeat them.

After all, this isn't Blizzard Entertainment. (OH SNAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom