• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's a good difficulty setting for SSE?

MintJulep

Smash Rookie
I mean, will changes in difficulty be like in Melee where we just get handicapped, or will it actually affect the enemies we face and areas we explore? My friend and I were planning to play SSE on co-op for the first time, and we're both longtime Melee tournament veterans. Does anyone have any idea what difficulty would probably be good for a decent (but not insane) challenge?

Big thanks to whoever responds!

Heegu

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to play with normal. Easy is probably way too easy, hard is too difficulty in the beginning and intense is nearly impossible. (that's what Sakurai said in the Iwata asks interview anyway..)

MintJulep

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that thought passed through my mind too, and probably I would do the same if I was playing by myself for the first time. But I remember Kirby Super Star (Sakurai's previous big single player game) being much easier on co-op than on your own (thanks to your teammate being a human and not a computer). I can easily see the same thing happening in Brawl, so I wasn't sure how much to compensate for having two players, having seven years of melee experience each, plus wanting a challenge (but not the kind where they just handicap you ridiculously).

Silfa

Smash Ace
I think that Hard might be a good option if there's two of you, especially if you have some skill behind yourselves.

I'll be going Normal my first time, but I'll probably be going threw it alone.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Hard should be fine. It might be a bit difficult at first because Brawls differs so much from Melee but after a while it should be ok. I played SSE trough with hard and liked the challenge it gave to me, not too hard but not too easy by any means either. I had over 10 hours of vs time before even touching SSE though so that might have helped a bit.

I played about one thirth with my friend and to my surprise some parts seemed to be harder co-op than they would have been without. Especially when screen was full of action and you were suposed to move forward. Of course that might have been due not-always-so-good friend who kept playing stupidly at times. :p

Oh, and difficulty works pretty much like in Melee. To my quick testing enemies just have more hp, give more damage and have slightly more knockback the harder difficulty you choose. Normal enemies seemed to fight the same no matter which difficulty you're using. I suppose it has much greater impact on characters like Mario since they really fight better on harder difficulties (or at least they do in classic).

Top Bottom