• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What youtubers fight vs what you fight

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
Seeing if anyone else notices this but when i watch some of the popular youtubers for ssbu i cant help but notice they pull off ridiculous stunts.

Like people run into their fully charged smash attacks, people dash attack their shields, they fight people who make ridiculous and obvious mistakes that lets them make a video of how ridiculous that situation was. Example “20% to death with D3 side smash”

Never in my smash career have i ever had someone just run into my smash attacks, choose to hit my shield instead of grabbing me through it, not perfectly ledge guard me and have this psychic ability to predict what im gonna try next.

What im trying to say is does anyone else feel like when their online you’re matched against people who have ultra instinct then you watch these youtubers somehow always get matched against sub-par players?

Recent example of me vs youtubers.

D3 throws gordo and charges at me, i smack the gordo but he sucked it up at lightning speed to spitit back at me, i leap over it, he moves lightning speed to catch me mid air with a perfectly executed up air.

Now if it was someone else,

D3 throws gordo and charges, youtuber smacks gordo, hits D3 and launches him, charges at him with a back air that D3 chooses not to air dodge, secures kill.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Because people do dumb things all the time online. Youtubers just pick them and put them in videos.

Could you provide some examples of this?

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
Because people do dumb things all the time online. Youtubers just pick them and put them in videos.

Could you provide some examples of this?
If i really wanted to i could but at the risk of naming and shaming via specific videos prob best I dont. But watch any montage and see what i mean.

My last like 10 fights in a row were against people with irl ultra instinct all extremely hard wins or loses, dont recall any of them running into my smash attacks, or not air doding me prefectly and calling my bluffs every time

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
dude maybe they had that happen in 5 of the 20 matches they had? it's like you said..they are Youtubers, they edit their videos and don't use all matches they had, they could had played 50 matches only to use 20 of the matches for videos because they had those crazy moments, i could do the same, go through my replays and use clips of the matches where i had my best moments and my opponent(s) the worst moments and upload that as a montage video xD

GhostM

Phantom
I’m pretty sure that most Ultimate YouTubers who play online edit their videos to crop out games that they’ve either lost, games where they didn’t play their best, or just games that were campy and long. They wouldn’t want to make their videos boring to watch, so they just cut out all the boring parts to leave the good and juicy parts of their gameplay in.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
That's the purpose of a montage. You play hundreds, or even thousands of matches. You save the times you pulled something amazing off. You cut that footage up and put it into a video that lasts a few minutes. You put some awesome music to it and sync it up. You bask in the awesomeness that is those few minutes of ultra great footage you now have.

Even if someone responds to your moves correctly 90% of the time, 1 game in 10 you get that amazing shot.

Just last night I did save a clip of an Inceneroar air dodging straight into my fully-charged Ridley side smash, and he died at 39%. It does happen, even though most of my play session consisted of regular, ordinary matches at about a 50% win rate. I also dodged or rolled into charged smashes too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom