• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would your dream alt. skin be?

StamanJr

Smash Rookie
:4megaman:as Bad Box Art Mega Man
:4pacman: as Miss Pacman
:4ness: as Ninten (Tho now with Earthbound Beginning, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninten is DLC)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I just had a goofy idea for a :4dedede: alt skin.
Olive green color scheme with a camo pattern on his sash. It'd be hilarious.
But of course we can't have funny things, only references to things related to the character.

ARMOURED ZOMBIE

Smash Rookie
give us an actual blood falcon skin PLEASE. spikes on the shoulder pad, skull logo and all. if they can give us fierce deity link, blood flacon should be cake.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
:4bowser: - Dry Bowser
:4fox: - James McCloud
:4link: - Skyloft clothes (like, the actual clothes, not just their colors)
:4luigi: - Mr. L
:4mario: - I like the outfit he's wearing on the Super Mario Maker box. Let's get that in there.
:4megaman: - Proto Man
:4ness: - Pajamas
:4pacman: - Ms. Pac-Man
:4peach: - Sports outfit
:4pit: - Retro Pit / Melee Trophy
:4ryu: - Evil Ryu
:4samus: - Classic Samus (no big shoulder pads)
:4sonic: - Classic Sonic
:4zelda: - Skyloft clothes
:4zss: - Justin Bailey

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Almost forgot one.

:4tlink:: I know it isn't the correct game or art style, but imagine a Deku Scrub alt such as what Link first turns into in MM. He can even be fitted with a Wooden shield and Deku Nuts that function the same as his bombs

D

Deleted member

:4ness:- pajamas (like in PM)
:4link:- postman outfit (from TP)
:4luigi:- dr. luigi
:4megaman:- protoman
:4sonic:- shadow
:4pacman:- ms. pacman
:4ryu:- ken

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Flat Zone character for: :4gaw:.
:flatzone2::flatzone2::flatzone2: See? There are other choices as well. Another good example would be the Chef character!
:gawmelee:
Nobody would have though of this, except for me. Such a good idea! :pimp:

Last edited:

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
I'd like Sonic in his various outfits.
His Soap shoes in SA2, his Riders outfit, the gauntlet from Black Knight, his Boom look.

But if I had to pick one, I'd go with Sonic Riders, cause of the shades.

Psyf3rn

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheTeoSaur29
So my dream skins are:

:4bowser: Dry Bowser
:4falcon: Blood Falcon
:4charizard: Shiny colors and armored
:4dedede: Armored/Masked
:4falco: Melee and Brawl looks
:4fox: Melee and Brawl looks
:4ganondorf: Melee version
:4lucas: Actual Masked Man skin, DCMC shirt and good kids shirt
:4mewtwo: Armored
:4ness: Ninten and pajamas
:4rob: Virtual Boy and Wii skins
:4samus: Actual Varia and Fusion suits
:4sonic: Shadow
:4tlink: Pajamas
:4megaman: Protoman

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Dream alt, hmm?

Well, in that case!!

:4charizard:: shiny Charizard and RIDLEY (yes, I think it could work)

:4bowserjr:: would love to see shadow Mario make an appearance. Awesome appearance in Sunshine. At the very least, Bowser Jr. with the scarf and paintbrush.

:4marth:: Chrom. Feel kinda bad for his fans, and alt skins would be the PERFECT way to make Chrom happen!

:4palutena:: Viridi. Saw someone else post this, and since Viridi is one of my MOST wanted characters, I'd be totally down with this.

:4diddy:: Dixie Kong. She'd be a lot of fun!

:4lucas:/:4ness:: Paula! I want her so bad. Would much prefer her as a original character, but I'd be MORE than happy with a alt skin. Also Kumatora. A wonderfully awesome character who would be a really good alt for Lucas.

:4ryu:: Ken and/or Chun Li. Either would work well with Ryu's moveset I think.

And last, but not least...

:4megaman:: ZERO PLEASE!!!

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
Numbah 4 for diddy kong

soda popgun and makeshift jetpacks ahoy

also give me back my sailor wario skin please

more than anything though i want this

or thief wario from Wario: Master of disguise

also zero suit fox

Last edited:

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
:4megaman:: Protoman, or Even some of the similar Shaped Robot Masters (i.e. Metal Man, Quick Man,Gemini Man)
:4ryu:: Ken Hot Ryu
:4lucina:: Actual "Marth" alt
:4miibrawl:: Ridley
:4pacman:: Mrs. Pac Man (I mean seriously it would be easier than some of his other alts)
:4pikachu:: NACHOOOOOOO! (Pikachu) LIBRE!
:4feroy:: Give Eliwood a Roy alt
:4villager::Viking hats
:4littlemac:: Give him an alt for every shade of colour imaginable

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

Le cough.
True, true, and to be completely honest with you my friend, I 100% forgot about this...I rarely if ever use final smashes when I play, and I think I've only seen Bowser Jr's once...

My bad!! I would STILL love to see Bowser Jr with scarf over his mouth and brush though...

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I would actually die if flygon was an alternate skin for charizard. I want flygon in smash! I also would like to see Black Shadow (from F-Zero) in smash, probably as a skin of either Captain Falcon or Ganondorf

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
Mrs.Pacman
Ocarina of Time Link
Young Link for Toon Link
Melee styled Fox

But Ocarina of Time Skin and Young Link I want I really hate Toon Link.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Mrs.Pacman
Ocarina of Time Link
Young Link for Toon Link
Melee styled Fox

But Ocarina of Time Skin and Young Link I want I really hate Toon Link.
Yeah! Melee style Fox!

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
OoT Link, Young Link, Sonic with SOAP shoes, OoT Zelda, More Alts for Villagers that look less like trailer trash and more like actual villagers (or at least one with horns), Pikachu with Pichu's goggles, Shiny alt for all the pokemon, obligatory missing Meta Knight alts, actual Samus alt suits instead of color alts representing the suits, obligatory megaman alts, Lucina variations with mask on, short hair, etc (maybe a taunt to put on the mask?),

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

WHY IS THE HEADBAND NOT A THING.

NOT. EVEN. PROJECT. M. HAS THE HEADBAND. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY. GIVE US THE HEADBAND.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
OoT Link, Young Link, Sonic with SOAP shoes, OoT Zelda, More Alts for Villagers that look less like trailer trash and more like actual villagers (or at least one with horns), Pikachu with Pichu's goggles, Shiny alt for all the pokemon, obligatory missing Meta Knight alts, actual Samus alt suits instead of color alts representing the suits, obligatory megaman alts, Lucina variations with mask on, short hair, etc (maybe a taunt to put on the mask?),

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

WHY IS THE HEADBAND NOT A THING.

NOT. EVEN. PROJECT. M. HAS THE HEADBAND. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY. GIVE US THE HEADBAND.
I want the crown back too.

Psyf3rn

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheTeoSaur29
OoT Zelda is already in the game, Pikachu already has goggles and Lucina alredy has a taunt to put on the mask.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
For Ness: I also think Ninten would be a good alt costume for Ness, as well as his pijama look,

For Lucas: The pigmask army outfit

For Yoshi: I think Birdo would be a cool Alt costume, the only thing they would prolly have the change is the animation of when birdo shoots eggs, instead of throwing them, but then the grab would prolly have to change as well, idk maybe Birdo would be better on her own.

Pac Man: Ms. Pac man is a no brainer

Villager: A villager decked out in gracie grace clothing would be cool hahah, or Santa villager too

Last edited:

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Ms. Pac-Man was a missed opportunity as all she originally was is Pac-Man with a bow.

I also think Ken was a missed opportunity as he is pretty much the same as Ryu and would control the same in a game like Smash.

I am hoping they add Pikachu Libre. I seen her in the Pokken trailer and am hoping they add that as a dlc costume to promote that game next year.

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
OoT Zelda is already in the game, Pikachu already has goggles and Lucina alredy has a taunt to put on the mask.
I missed the fact that Pikachu has the goggles. Sorry about that.

As for the rest. By OoT Zelda, I'm not talking just colors. I'm talking proportions, clothing, etc. PM has this. I'm also saying that with Lucina's mask taunt, you put on the mask and keep it on...

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I think it would have been amazing if they had an alt skin for Fox that was just James McCloud. Make the skin use James McCloud's voice and Fox's melee design.

If Snake was in this game again give him a MGS3 skin like how they gave him in PM.

Last edited:

josephf5

Smash Rookie
NNID
josephf5
It would have been cool if they'd given Duck Hunt an alt where the dog was all brown and the duck was red and yellow, as a reference to Banjo-Kazooie.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
If done right, I wouldn't mind seeing cross-franchise outfits. It would have to fit the character wearing said costume.

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
:4mario: - DR MARIO, Dr Mario itself sucks, but I'd play Mario if Dr Mario was alt skin, I mean Dr Mario is so badass, but hell too weak :(

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
:4sonic:: A Shadow costume and name. (Similar to Olimar Alf) and voices. I know Shadow is an assist trophy though which means it probably won't happen.

It would be neat if :4megaman: had skins which gave him the armour of each of the series' other Mega Men. I would main the hell out of Classic Legends Mega Man (even removes the helmet, showing Classic Mega Man's hair :p).

This would be cool... Mega Man has quite a history to pay tribute to.

As with all; characters though, this change needs to be doable without changing hit/hurt boxes... and not looking odd while keeping those.

Top Bottom