• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would your dream alt. skin be?

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Personally, I feel that there was a lot of missed opportunity with the use of alt. skins in Smash. It would've been great to use them as a way to add more character representation where it made sense, such as with Olimar's Alph skin. The only stipulation when answering is that you must justify how these alts would work on your suggested character.

My dream alt would probably be Galacta Knight. I feel that this would make sense as an alt as Galacta Knight was more or less portrayed as a souped up version of Meta Knight in Kirby's Fun Pak and Kirby Super Star Ultra; It's not out of the realm of possibility that Galacta Knight also has a Galaxia Darkness move as well as Meta Knight. Furthermore, he received a trophy in Smash Wii U, complete with a new model, which makes me want to believe he was a planned skin at one point. Finally, Galacta Knight is not wholly irrelevant, having appeared in Kirby's Adventure Wii back in 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong on that date), so even newer Kirby fans would know who he is (and even if they didn't, it be a great way to introduce them into what is widely regarded as one of the best games in the series).

Now, what about you guys?

_gold_

Smash Master
The light suit for Samus. And I mean the actual model, not just the color scheme.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Super Sonic and Jigglypuff needs the old alt costumes back. They were all better than the current set.

Dry Bowser. Why it wasn't in SSB4? Also, Wario should get his cut costumes back, and Meta Knight and Peach should have proper Galacta Knight and Daisy alts.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
In my dreams, 80's Cartoon Pac-Man.
In actuality, Mario Kart DS R.O.B.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
:4bowserjr:
One alt color for each koopaling.

:4falcon:
Actual Blood Falcon.

:4dedede:
Either Masked, Shinobi or Ninja Dedede with a few alt colors to them.
It'd be glorious.

:4littlemac:
Ugly SPO Mac skin.

:4lucas:
DCMC Shirt and Good Kids Shirt.
Both are simple palette swaps.

:4megaman:
A few more robot master power colors.
Why is there no pink Quick Boomerang one??

:4mii::4miif::4miigun:
Bass costume.
StarForce MegaMan costume.
Pigmask uniform + mask.

:4zelda:
Outfits based on her other incarnations.

I really hope alt costumes for characters will become a thing one day.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
It would be neat if :4megaman: had skins which gave him the armour of each of the series' other Mega Men. I would main the hell out of Classic Legends Mega Man (even removes the helmet, showing Classic Mega Man's hair :p).

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wario's GB alt from Brawl or his WarioWare D.I.Y. attire.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Definitely Captain Falcon's SNES look. They tried in PM, but I think it looks kind of awkward. With the help of HD, I think Sakurai's team might be able to make a suit that really captures the look from the F-Zero comic.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hooded Robin would be fun. Palutena's alts with hair colour changed to match the source characters even more so!

LightLV

Smash Ace
Samus's Varia suit

...on ZSS

So armored samus can finally be a real character

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
:4bowser:: Midbus and Dark Bowser
:4tlink:: Outset Island Outfit
:4metaknight:: Actual Galacta Knight skin
:4lucario:: Mega Lucario
:4robinm::4robinf:: Morgan

And really 1 alternate costume/skin for each character would be pretty neat.

Last edited:

~Dizzy~

Smash Rookie
Actual shiny forms for the pokemon. Greninja is the only pokemon who gets his shiny, yet we still don't have a black charizard, green-eyed Jigglypuff (you could just give some of her skins green eyes!), yellow Lucario, or green-tailed Mewtwo. Pikachu's choice band skin is debatably shiny.

It just doesn't make sense why the alternate color pallets for the pokemon aren't used as one of their alternate color pallets in smash!

I would have also loved to see a Ken Ryu, Mr. L Luigi and a Secret Rings Sonic, where he turns into Darkspine Sonic when he uses his final smash!

WwwWario

Smash Ace
For :4wario2: either his Black and White costume from Brawl that represented his colors from Wario Land 3, or any of his many transformation costumes (especially from Master of Disguise, with Dragon Wario, Genious Wario, etc.)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The fact that this isn't even present in the final game is a crime:

I would have preferred this over Luigi's last alt (Yellow-Green).

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
:4mario:: Blue hat and shirt combo w/ red overalls from the previous games (alternatively, I wouldn't be against an Ice Mario alt) and a :4drmario: costume swap, just to screw with peep's heads
-
:4robinm::4robinf:: Have an alt where both wear their hoods, a la :4littlemac:'s jumpsuit alts
-
:4lucina:: Ally (Green) and Enemy (Red) colors that every other FE rep has, and a Chrom palette.

EDIT: And a costume (or two) where she always keeps the mask on.
-
:4drmario:: :4mario: Costume swap, see above;

Overall, I'm rather satisfied w/ most of the palettes available to each character.

Last edited:

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Master of Disguise
Oh God why
I would get rid of Mario's Waluigi costume in favour of his Foreman Spike colour scheme from 64 to Brawl. Probably would only use it for an Amiibo though; Gotta love that fresh-ass pink and baby blue alt.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Oh God why
I would get rid of Mario's Waluigi costume in favour of his Foreman Spike colour scheme from 64 to Brawl. Probably would only use it for an Amiibo though; Gotta love that fresh-*** pink and baby blue alt.
I kind of liked Master of Disguise, even though it was different from the other Land games indeed. The transformations were awesome, though; Dragon Wario, Wicked Wario, Sparky Wario, etc.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Yes, she is taller than Olimar and Alph, but that didn't stop the Koopalings from being Jr's alts.

I would have taken Galacta Knight as a Meta Knight clone over Dark Pit and Lucina, but... yeah, I will take what I can get.

The only way I would ever play ZSS is if she didn't have that awful design. Say what you want about Other M, but Young Samus looks really cool.

Not really a dream alt of mine, but Impa could be a neat Sheik alt, I think. Daisy could be a Peach alt as well.

D

Deleted member

The Project M Meta Knight skin where he has a slash on the right side of his mask, I think it looks really cool and wish it were in Smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
For SSB4, my biggest fanboy dream would be Ike's Vanguard costume:

I think I prefer his Lord look from Path or Radiance over the Vanguard armor a little, but he's much younger when he's a Lord, a la Brawl. So Vanguard would probably be the best SSB4 skin.

I also really would have liked some kind of actual Justin Bailey suit for :4zss:, since that is like the definitive retro ZSS look. But it might have been difficult to keep it family-appropriate, since she's basically just wearing a skin-tight leotard in the original Metroid.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Eliwood for Roy
Sigurd/Celice/Alm/Leaf for Marth
Other visual possibilities for Robin (or, the ability to read 3DS data and adjust the appearance to match)
Black Shadow and Blood Falcon for Captain Falcon
Ken/Akuma/EvilRyu/Sakura/Batsu/Hideo (any shotaclone plus Batsu cuz he's cool) for Ryu
X for Megaman
Ms. Pac Man for Sonic Pac Man
Shadow for Sonic
Zelgius/Greil for Ike
Daisy for Peach
Slippy/Peppy/Leon/Pigma/Wolf for Fox/Falco
A vertically compressed Glass Joe for Little Mac
Super Metroid Varia suit Samus (in other words, bring back the similar but superior older design)
Boshi for Yoshi

And, not visual, but some alt skin that put Nobuyuki Hiyama's voice back on Link.

Last edited:

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Masked Dedede would be legit. Though I can't imagine him doing his silly taunts and victory poses while wearing a metal mask.

I also wish they would allow you to make your own Villagers similar to dressing up Mii Fighters. Only, you can do so by uploading your Villagers form Animal Crossing New Leaf (or whatever AC game may be released in the future on the WiiU).

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Let's see

:4bowser:Dry Bowser
:4bowserjr:More Bibs less Koopalings
:4dedede:Masked Dedede
:4dk:Boxing gloves, and onesy (DK Jr onesy)
:4falco:Assault suit, Melee look
:4fox:Melee look, Sunglasses(Jame McCloud look)
:4ganondorf:Melee look, if they could get it to work I wouldn't mind a Ganon either
:4gaw:3D model, Actual Yellow alt instead off that weird greenish yellow
:4jigglypuff:Headband(or whatever that green ribbon thing is called from Melee), Something that has blue in it
:4link:Outset Tunic (I want Toon Link to cease being a thing so...)
:4luigi:Mr. L, I want his white outfit to have the orange around the L again
:4mario::4drmario::troll: but seriously :4drmario:, Shadow Mario
:4marth:Lucina Mask
:4megaman:While keeping the basic design, I'd like to see them being able to have costume references to all the other Mega Mans(or at least X, and Volnutt)
:4metaknight:Galacta Knight Mask
:4mewtwo:Armor, Lucario colors:troll::troll:
:4ness:Pajamas, Scarf (Ninten look)
:4olimar:Plasm Wraith look, all other explorer colors (get rid of :4alph:)
:4pacman:Various hats from his games
:4peach: Shadow Queen
:4pikachu:Whatever this is

:4pit::4darkpit:
:4samus:Fusion suit(actually one), Light suit (actually one), :4zss:
:4sonic:Some more interesting recolors(Knuckles based colors would be cool)
:4tlink:Sike! F*** this kid
:4villager:Original AC hats
:4yoshi:White Yoshi, Orange Yoshi
:4zelda::4sheik:(I just want everyone to stop kidding themselves and realize Sheik is just a better character, and that they should just have Zelda adopt the moveset. Sheik can be a costume (they are the same character after all)), Realistic Tetra

Anyone I didn't mention I either have nothing for or don't want them in the game so yeah

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I would really love a Viridi costume for Palutena (I mean her hair color changes, not just the dress.), A masked "Marth" and Eirika costume for Lucina, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Lucario, A Zoroark-ish skin for Lucario, Ephraim and Seliph/Sigurd costume for Marth, a Hector costume for Ike, A Lyndis Eliwood costume for Roy and Dry Bowser for Bowser.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
Dry Bowser, Vanguard Ike, Protoman, more RM colors for mega man (white and blue is my go-to, but I would be seriously tempted to switch to purple black hole bomb colors from time to time)

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906

Yes, she is taller than Olimar and Alph, but that didn't stop the Koopalings from being Jr's alts.
To be fair, FemRobin was made taller from her default height in Awakening for Smash.

Let's see
Melee look
Ewewewewewewewewewewewew.
:4ness:Pajamas, Scarf (Ninten look)
Magicant Ness. JP version. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (I'm joking, I promise)
:4sonic:Some more interesting recolors(Knuckles based colors would be cool)
Give me a Riders alt please. A lot of people'd want SOAP shoes too, but that's just not me.

Last edited:

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
:4falco: - Assault skin
:4pikachu: - Pichu and Raichu skins
:4pacman:- Ms. Pac-Man skin
:4link: - Young Link skin
:4metaknight: - Distressed armour skin
:4megaman: - EXE skin
:4sonic: - Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver skins

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Masked Dedede would be legit. Though I can't imagine him doing his silly taunts and victory poses while wearing a metal mask.
No.
Imagine the one victroy pose where he swings his hammer twice and then looks at the camera.
He wouldn't look dopey with the mask. He'd look downright intimidating as he throws you a look.
It'd be glorious.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
:4feroy:-silver and blue armour from melee
:4ness:-ninten costume from eartbound beginings
:4tlink:-young link costume
:4myfriends:-classic ike costume
:4link:-ocarina of time costume
:4charizard:-shiny charizard
:4pikachu:-pichu and goggle pichu