• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you think about having Frank West on the Smash Bros roster?

LuisSLS_HQ

Smash Rookie
I'm a big fan of Frank West (which is not very obvious, by the way), and I'd love to have him in Smash Bros. It's a character with great potential! They could use several iconics combo weapons to conform Smash and special attacks in his movement set. They could use the different skills that he learns in Dead Rising 1 (and in some extent Off The Records) to make up his basic attacks. My favorite candidate movement for its final Smash is the power guitar. And 2 of his taunts could be to look at his camera as his idle animation like in Dead Rising 1, and the second could be just drink orange juice (Maybe recovering 1% of damage, idk). The other taunt could be the camera, and it would be a good idea to implement the leveling system to make a few considerable buffs in their attacks (Very unlikely, since maybe Smash Bros introduce some other mechanic by referencing Dead Rising to differentiate itself from its iteration of Marvel vs Capcom).

There is a lot that could be done with his character, he is one of my favorite protagonists. And the truth is that I do not think his character is "brutal". Most of their improvised weapons have a common and current design (bats, chairs, katanas, cream cakes, servbot's head), and the combo weapons have a caricatured design that is easy to adapt to the artistic style of the game. Solid Snake is a character with a more "dark" history in his game, and contrasts perfectly with the cast of characters and is an excellent addition (My favorite addition in Smash Bros until this day).

The only thing that makes me see this as a distant possibility is that the demand for characters is more concentrated in other possible fighters like Bandana Dee, or Geno. Frank West is not even the most or one of the most requested at Capcom reps. Phoenix and Leon are more popular in petitions.

I love the idea of Phoenix and Leon, they even are others of my most requested characters (Especially those 2 man. Big fan of Ace Attorney and Resident Evil over here!), but Frank West is my most requested for the roster along with Shadow.

What do you think guys?

He defends, he attacks, but more important
He Covered Wars, You Know.

Top Bottom