• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you like to see in a Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Considering that there's a few rumors flying around on the internet that there will be a Switch port of Smash 4, what kinds of things would you like to see changed?

I personally would like to see Mario get new voice clips (i.e. more "jolly", which is what they are like in Mario games) and have F.L.U.D.D. replaced (yes, old cliche...) with some move relating to the "living hat" from Super Mario Odyssey (perhaps Mario can throw it at an opponent and it "grabs" them and brings them back to Mario).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
To exist would be nice.
That's a funny reply.

Replace Sheik with Impa. Impa is a member of the Sheikah and trained Zelda to become Sheik. Not only that, but Impa has made more appearances than Sheik throughout the Zelda series. I know people may say, "Zelda is Sheik." Yes, I know that, but Zelda's role as Sheik has only been in OoT. Besides, Sheik has honestly made Zelda a shadow because Sheik is so much better. Zelda's move set should be rearranged. Neutral special can remain as Nayru's Love. Up special can remain as Farore's Wind. Down special should be Din's Fire and behave like it did in OoT. Side special should be Light Arrows. Honestly, who thought that down special being a phantom was a good idea? Not only does it look out of place for a realistic Zelda incarnation, it's useless!

I'd also like to see more Princess Ruto. Yes, she's only been in OoT, but there is a town named after her, she is a sage, and two other notable Zoras (Laruto and Queen Rutela) are obviously nominally similar and influenced by the name "Ruto". Besides, she's attractive and I enjoy her play style in Hyrule Warriors. Get on it, Nintendo! You'd finally give me a reason to play as a Zelda character! (I did use Sheik and Ganondorf at times in Melee. Sadly, Ganondorf was changed for the worse. Turn that Gerudo King's attacks into the attacks he has in Hyrule Warriors!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ice Climbers, Wolf, actually classic Classic mode, and individual Break the Targets stages (and the mode itself obviously).

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Classic mode with the choosing of items or not. And a way to disable certain stages when selecting random.

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
More balance patches is the main thing I want. Also a For Glory mode that lets you play 1v1 on stages other than FD. If For Glory was random Smashville, Battlefield or FD that would be amazing. And of course if online is going to be pay walled off, we better see a major improvement in the online lag.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
1) Adventure Mode (with co-op)
Similar to melee or brawl.

2) True Classic Mode (with co-op)
Similar to N64 & melee

3) Break the targets
Each character gets their own break the targets

4) Board the platforms
See #3.

5) new stock = new character
A new smash mode for stock matches.

6) Boss toggle and haZard toggle for stages

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Just give me Wolf, Jigglybuffs, and a story mode and I'll be happy.
and have F.L.U.D.D. replaced (yes, old cliche...) with some move relating to the "living hat" from Super Mario Odyssey (perhaps Mario can throw it at an opponent and it "grabs" them and brings them back to Mario).
Please, no. Mario already has a good projectile, and taking F.L.U.D.D. away would be a definite nerf.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
A color editor would be nice. I appreciate the alternate colors / costumes for each character, but having your own personal alternate color made by a color editor would be awesome. I for sure would think it'd be pretty awesome fighting against other people's main with personally edited costume aesthetics online.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
  • Goldeen never appearing from Pokèballs
  • Removing Assist Trophies that inflict no damage at all
  • The addition of Bowser's Shell as an item (power is equivalent to a Bob-omb and cannot be jumped on to stop it)
  • More Mii outfits: Toadette costume, :4peach:'s soccer uniform, Daisy's soccer uniform, Phosphora outfit, Asuka Kazama's schoolgirl outfit, et cetera for female :4miibrawl:s
  • The return of :younglinkmelee::pichumelee::snake::wolf::popo::ivysaur::squirtle:, similar to Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, where long-lost favorites return for non-canonical battle
  • The removal of Target Blast in favor of Target Smash and Board the Platforms
  • The return of L-cancelling, please!

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Just buff half the cast:

Example:
Huge buffs: :4jigglypuff::4zelda::4ganondorf::4falco::4dedede::4bowserjr::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:

Significant buffs::4link::4samus::4kirby::4gaw::4drmario::4feroy::4wario::4myfriends::4charizard::4wiifit::4littlemac::4palutena::4pacman::4shulk::4duckhunt:

Minor buffs: :4dk::4yoshi::4luigi::4falcon::4ness::4peach::4bowser::4pit::4lucas::4olimar::4rob::4darkpit::4robinm:

Everyone else could either stay the same, some tweaking that don't change viability or small but justifiable nerfs.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
  • Goldeen never appearing from Pokèballs
  • Removing Assist Trophies that inflict no damage at all
Oh trust me, Goldeen isn't going ANYWHERE. Anything could come out of the pokeballs and it is not a bad choice to have a joke one. As for assist trophies, what would the point be for assist trophies then? Just to power up and heal like some other items and what pokeballs do? If you don't like them, TURN THEM OFF in item switch. I'm not going on a rant, i'm just pointing it out

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I really just want Wolf. Please.

Also buff characters that need buffs (covered above).

Smash Run should also be available in the Switch version.

Last edited:

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
I really just want Wolf. Please.

Also buff characters that need buffs (covered above).

Smash Run should also be available in the Switch version.
I would just love it if they just gave us adventure mode. Not a story mode a la subspace emmisary, just Adventure mode.
Also why does no one like Ivysaur returning...

Baron Cappuccino

Smash Rookie
Representing Captain N, the Game Master
---
Captain N, the Game Master
Simon Belmont (if Konami doesn't self destruct)
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Gameboy (from Captain N), (maybe not too different than R.O.B.)
Doctor Wily (could be a vehicle character like Bowser Jr.)

It would also be nice to see more Sega classics represented, now that Nintendo and Sega play ball together.
---
Alex Kidd
Phantasy Star protagonist
Doctor Robotnic
Maybe Tails or Knuckles, or both

I think a ninja from either Shinobi or Ninja Gaiden would be apt. Cloud was never on a Nintendo game until Smash. I don't like his presence till that changes. I think any (S)NES era FF or DQ characters would be a better swap. Maybe Dragon Quest Slime as yet another Kirby/Jigglypuff sort of character... Battletoads would be cool.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
A bunch of new characters and faster-paced gameplay.

I'd like to see five new characters. But realistically I only expect around 3: Ice Climbers, Inklings and Wolf.

Would love to see Knuckles (or Dr. Eggman) and Lip.

I'd also like to see them port all the 3DS-exclusive stages. I liked Pac-Maze and would want them to add new music from Pac-Man CE 2, like this one:

Last edited:

tipsyCalibrator

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack0vAllTrades
Other than the unrealistic stuff (make it faster and less defensive, lots of unlikely characters), here's what I'm realistically hoping for in the Switch version, if it even ends up existing

1: All the features of the 3DS and Wii U version combined, the same way they do it with Pokemon. I've always wanted to play Smash Run, but I've never managed to because I never had enough interest in getting the 3DS version. All the stages in one place would be nice too, considering the 3DS version has some stages I really wanna play (namely the Earthbound and Mute City stages). Not to mention there might be some more potential tournament legal stages (though to be fair I don't really know the 3DS stages that well so I could be wrong there)

2: Ice Climbers and Wolf. The only reason Icies didn't make it in originally was because they wouldn't work on the 3DS version, and they said that if they could've then they would've. But since the Switch version would probably be more or less be a replacement for the 3DS/Wii U versions and the Switch would be more than capable of handling them, there's no reason for Icies to not be in. As for Wolf, there was no reason why Wolf shouldn't have been in the game in the FIRST place. It's not like it's because of legal issues (like Snake) or technical issues (like Icies), so this is a chance to correct that mistake. I'm also kinda hoping for Snake, but I know not to hold my breath since Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst

3: Improve the online. It's seriously one of the worst online systems I've ever seen, second only to...well, Brawl's online. To be fair, I think some of the complaints about the online are a little overblown (I don't feel like there are as many bad players as everyone says, and I feel like it's more likely for people to get connected to a bad player than a good player in most online games), but we still SERIOUSLY need a revamp of the online. Make it less laggy, give us the option to choose stages, and add in SOME kind of ranking system so 10 year olds who've never played the game before don't get matched up with players like Nairo. I know Nintendo isn't very good at online stuff in general, but if we can get good online with Mario Kart and Splatoon, I don't see why we can't get it with Smash

4: One last patch. I don't feel like most of the high tiers need to be changed much (except maybe Cloud and Rosalina, who I only believe need small nerfs anyway), but some of the lower tiers DEFINITELY need some attention. The ones I'm hoping for are Roy, Palutena, Zelda, Robin and of course poor poor Jigglypuff

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
  • The reinstatement of Brawl's hit-stun cancelling. It makes me less obligated to input a tech when I take a small knockdown.
  • More past stages like Shadow Moses Island or some new, cooler stages like Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Double Dash version)
  • A Tekken character or two or three. I want Asuka Kazama, Alisa Bosconovitch, and Kunimitsu, goddammit!

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
  • The reinstatement of Brawl's hit-stun cancelling. It makes me less obligated to input a tech when I take a small knockdown.
  • More past stages like Shadow Moses Island or some new, cooler stages like Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Double Dash version)
  • A Tekken character or two or three. I want Asuka Kazama, Alisa Bosconovitch, and Kunimitsu, goddammit!
Even in the unlikely event that a Tekken character got in, I seriously doubt it'd be more than one, or any of those three. It'd most likely be Jin only because of his ability to grow demon wings and shoot stuff out of his eye.

If Shadow Moses returned then they would necessarily have to bring back Snake. No point in having just a stage from Metal Gear Solid without the main hero of those games.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Would love an online Smash Run, custom-allowed Mii Fighters and Palutena in random online matches, playable Ridley and Inklings (as well as the triumphant return of Ice Climbers and Snake), and a newly designed single-player campaign.

One can dream...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what I would want more.

New comer characters added to the port.

Or bring back every vet.

If they brought back every vet... It would be such a complete Smash roster.

On the other hand Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur arent that interesting.

Hmmm... It would be nice if the port launched with a few new characters and some vets like Ice Climbers, Wolf, and YL.
Then added like Inkling and Bomberman. Then months down the road had like a pokemon vet DLC character pack.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers
Snake
All the 3DS stages (especially Pac-Man and Lumiose City)
Dump Smash Tour for 3DS's Classic Mode

Bam. Game's already pretty damn good. But like MK8/DX, a couple tweaks and it'd be GOAT.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
First off, since this is a port of Smash 4 and not a brand new game we're discussing, I doubt there would be any radical changes to movesets or physics. So, I will leave those out of my post. In other words, Mario keeps FLUDD, Shiek stays in the roster, and while there might be balance patches, I'm not going to make that my main focus.

That said, here is what I would love to see from a Smash 4 Port on the Switch.

-Add grab the coins and stock matches to For Fun

-Add Team Stock Battle and Stock Free for All to For Glory

-Add a brand new Custom Moves lobby that allows you to play both For Fun and For Glory style matches with custom movesets.

Add a "King of the Hill" one on one mode to online. In this mode, the winner becomes champion of the lobby and plays against all challengers until he is defeated. At that point, the winning challanger becomes the new champion of the lobby and the process repeats itself. A stage will be picked by both champion and challanger from a selection of stages chosen for this mode. Matches are three stock. There will also be a team "King of the Hill" mode with the same rules, with teams of challengers trying to defeat the champion team.

-On a related note, allow Miis to be playable in the Custom Moves lobby.

-Add a public co-op mode that allows you to play modes like "Multi Man Smash" without needing a friend.

-Add an in-game store that sells custom equipment, moves, and in-game music. Something akin to the stores seen in the old Budokai games

-All DLC characters will be given custom moves to bring them in line with the rest of the roster.

-Ice Climbers and Wolf need to return to the roster as veterans. They will be included with the game itself and will have custom movesets.

-Allow players to buy a "Music Pack" "Custom Moves Pack" or a "Custom Equipment Pack" These packs when bought from the store will unlock all Music, Custom Moves, or Custom Equipment in the game. This would help people who don't want to grind to unlock these items or Tournaments who want to use Customs.

-Bring back Race to the Finish and Board the Platforms.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
Well, for starters, I want all the veterans back, except for :younglinkmelee:. This includes :pichumelee:. So basically bring back :pichumelee::wolf::popo::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur:) and :snake:, but that last one ain't happenin'.
For newcomers, I want Bandanna Dee (More than any of the others), :213:, The Inklings, Waluigi (Somewhat), Paper Mario, Darunia, Spring Man with Ribbon Girl alt, Rayman, :bubblebobble: (Just a random pick because I found him in the emojis. Could be really cool though.),

For stages, I don't care what people say, I want the return of :hanenbow:! I loved this stage! Apparently not many other people did though. :shadowmoses: Was awesome too, but Konami is Konami. :frigate: This one too. :spearpillar: AND this one!
Of course, all the 3DS stages and Wii U stages brewed together to make one awesome selection. ESPECIALLY Pac-Maze. Bring back Pac-Maze, Pac-Land was.... Not the best. (Still better than Icicle Mountain.)
Brawl had some awesome stages people seem to overlook due to it being Brawl. It, did however, also have... Uh... :rumblefalls:.... Let's never see that again. (Granted, it was better than Icicle Mountain.)
For new stages: Maybe Kelp Dome from Splatoon? A Paper Mario stage that doesn't represent... "That Game." A competitively viable stage that is a simple fighting ring from Arms. Maybe Puzzle Bobble for the Bubble Bobble dinosaur? Gonna be honest, that is the one I would play. I never got my hands on the original Bubble Bobble, but i've seen it.

Of course, Subspace Emissary 2.0, because I don't get Adventure mode's love. (Must be the fact i've never played Melee in my life), Smash Run for the Nintendo Switch,

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure what I would want more.

New comer characters added to the port.

Or bring back every vet.

If they brought back every vet... It would be such a complete Smash roster.

On the other hand Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur arent that interesting.

Hmmm... It would be nice if the port launched with a few new characters and some vets like Ice Climbers, Wolf, and YL.
Then added like Inkling and Bomberman. Then months down the road had like a pokemon vet DLC character pack.
Unless they gave him a brand new moveset, which would technically not make him a veteran, I don't see the appeal in bringing YL back. Also, Squirtle and Ivysaur were interesting characters that didn't get their chance to shine in many people eyes because, well, it was Brawl. But Ivy's Neutral B shot upward! That's crazy! Razor Leaf would need to change, to not just be a blatant TL Boomerang knockoff, and Squirtle would need a new neutral to not be like F.L.U.D.D., and MAYBE a new side B to not be like Yoshi, and they would both need new Down B's. It would be pretty cool, Imo. I understand why you wouldn't like Pichu, or at least find him boring, because he is sort of a purposely trash character, but I always found that funny.

Chizu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-9407-1525
I want to see Rusty, the hero of SteamWorld Dig because he is the chara-design is so cool, and he has also attacks. So, I think he is one of the best guys I want to see in SSBX. And of course, I want to see:snake:

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
Hitstun cancelling removed. Why that made it into Smash 4 when it was so hated in Brawl astounds me.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
  • The addition of a "10" for :4gaw:'s Judge. 10 has a similar effect as 9, but does 40% damage with a darkness effect. In other words, an OHKO.
  • I want Golden Plains because it has the scale platforms I can use to compare weight easily. I don't own the 3DS Smash, and Garden of Hope's tin lifts don't give good data.
  • Metal Mario's stage, please.
  • Give me Viridi, please! I really like her disdain towards humans. In fact I wouldn't mind if she's part of :4palutena:'s color swatches.
  • Less pain-in-the-ass challenges as seen on Wii U version
  • Well if Tekken characters can't get in, I'll do the next best thing...more Mii outfit ideas. Yay! For :4miisword:s, Alisa Bosconovitch outfit and Kunimitsu's TTT2 outfit.
Otherwise, everyone else here has good ideas. :)

Last edited:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
I would like,
A. Everyone would have ten recolors instead of alternate costumes, (see D for explaination)
B. Every single character in the series history except Dr. Mario (see D) Bayonetta (don't like her) and Corrin (taking up Pichu's roster slot)
C. A heck of a lot more fighters, including Alph from Pikmin 3, Frank West from Dead Rising (Dead Rising: Chop Till you Drop was made specifically for the Wii, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is also on the Wii), Braixen from Pokemon X&Y, Boney from Mother 3, Knuckles from Sonic The Hedgehog 3, M. Bison from Street Fighter, Jin Kazuma from Tekken... whichever one he was first in, Leon Kennedy from Residents Evil 2, Merchant from Residents Evil 4 (I wasn't joking when I said A heck of a lot more fighters), Rayman from Rayman (duh), Paula from Mother 2/Earthbound, Ninten from Mother, Lloyd from Mother, Zack from Mother 4 (My wants are unrealistic, we've already discussed this), Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2, Murphy Pendleton and Charlie Pendleton (tag team) from Silent Hill Downpour (there were some Silent Hill games on Nintendo systems, I think) and many, many, MANY, others.
D. Even more characters would be availible in the customazation option of the game, which now fuctions more like the customazation in Team Fortress 2, where you can change the equipment of a character, some examples of equipment are, Various bat's for Ness, a whole onslaught of slaughter weapons from Frank, alternate appearences for Ninten, Jeff for Lloyd, every normal villager in the series's history for Villager, Louie and The President for Olimar, Brittany and Charlie for Alph, Ken for Ryu, Raichu for Pikachu, Outfits of a bunch of other trainers like Lucas, Dawn, (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl), Calum (Pokemon X&Y), Theo (Pokemon Uranium) for Red, Chuck Greene, Nick Ramos, **** Baker, and Brad Park for Frank, Shade and Tikal for Knuckles, James and Laura for Murphy and Charlie, etc.
E. Stages. Many Stages. So Many Stages. Every stage in the series history, abosolutely every one, and many more like Podunk (Mother 1) Toluca Lake (Silent Hill 2), Williamette Mall (Dead Rising), Echidna Shrine (Sonic Adventure 1), Dedede's Castle (Kirby), Moki Town (Pokemon Uranium), Tazmily Village (Mother 3), Forest Navel (Pikmin), Gloomy Manor (Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon), etc.
F. Story Mode. Nuff Said.
G. Remove Smash tour, bring Smash run back, also have Break the targets and Board the platforms replace Target Blast, and each character has their own Break The Target and Board The Platform stages.
H. Have Polygons, Wireframes, Alloys, and Subspacial Clones be your opponents in Multi Man Smash/Brawl/Melee/whatever. They Polygons, Wireframes, Alloys, and Clones would be of every character (including alternate character in the customazation options) in the game.
I. More Trophies. About 5000 total sounds good.
J. More Music, more Earthbound/Mother series Music, and more Sonic series music.
K. Make the online mode work.
L. Don't Be afraid to put this on the PC since the Switch will EXPLODE if you put this on it.
M. If it was actually put on PC, make sure its PC only, not Laptop. Heavy was already cut from the roster since Laptop owners couldn't handle him. Poor Desktop owners.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
1. I want new characters!
2. Characters I want: Metal Mario (would have a weight of 135 units), Petey Piranha, Ridley, Meta Ridley, Rayquaza, Galleom, Duon, and Tabuu.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
If the next Smash ever happens, which would be maybe 4-5 years down the road, these are what I would like to see:
1: New stages (Wart's Castle from Mario 2, Storm Eagle's or Gemini Man's stage from the Mega Man franchise, Collision Chaos or Wacky Workbench from Sonic CD -for example)
2: Maybe new characters ( Even though they're all very unlikely, I personally would want Sigma, Phoenix Wright, Chun Li, Lara Croft, or Batlletoads, and more I won't go into now)
3: New assist trophies (Mouser, Sinistar, Maya Fey, etc -though maybe have Wire Sponge as a joke assist trophy)
4: New modes -including changing how characters acquire their Final Smash attacks, in game achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom