• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would the strategy for a Villager + Cloud team be?

Beamer_Chillager

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeamerChan
I'm looking to get into doubles soon, my local TO has doubles tournaments once in a while so I'd like to attend a few. The only one of my friends willing to team w/ me is a Cloud main. What should our general strategy be? What possible team combos could be executed? What would be the strengths/weaknesses? Etc.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
You nair, Cloud nairs. Repeat.

Pocket Limit B if you have the momentum to do it (very situational, most of the time it's better for Cloud to save for finishing touch) (now less useful b/c Villy's pocket in doubles was nerfed, so it no longer has the x1.9 multiplier if you pocket a teammate's move). Like say if you kill one opponent or both and Cloud gets a limit near simultaneously. Empty the Limit beam into VIlly's pocket and start charging anew. Having the pocketed blade beam may set up for an early offstage kill.

Uthrow to set up for Cloud's uair juggles

jcx

Smash Journeyman
If you want pro players to refer to, you could watch Ranai and Komorikiri's performance at GENESIS. They won doubles using Villager and Cloud respectively.

Top Bottom