• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would have been the best October reveal?

What "Scary" character do you most want?

• A Silent Hill character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morrigan from Darkstalkers

• Raimi from Geist

• Total voters

Oddball

Smash Lord
Whether you like Minecraft Steve or not, I think we can all agree that he's not very spooky. Even with the zombie and enderman costumes, he's mildly spooky at the best.

This is October, the scariest, creepiest, spookiest time of the year. This would have been a great time for a horror character reveal. A Resident Evil character, Pyramid Head, Arthur from Ghosts and Ghouls, Freddy Fazzbear, Ashley, King Boo, Ayumi Tachibana, the list of potential good "scary" characters goes on and on.

So, with that in mind, what horror character would YOU have most liked to see as the October reveal. Let's take it a step further and add what horror mii costumes you'd like.

For starters, I'd think Spaltterhouse's Rick and Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw would make for some nice Mii Swordsmen.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Resident Evil for sure. We could have had a sequel to the Castlevania reveal, but with Luigi exploring the Spencer Mansion or the Raccoon City Police Department instead, before Chris saves him and then Jill/Leon/Claire show up afterwards to help like Richter/the Hero's alternate costumes in their trailers.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
As a European, I really don't see how October is supposed to be "spooky". Depressing, yes, because of the rain and the shorter daylight, but spooky? We don't celebrate Halloween here, except for a few children or teenagers who've seen it on some American show.

Anyway, for horror-themed characters, I would go for Resident Evil.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Resident Evil for sure. We could have had a sequel to the Castlevania reveal, but with Luigi exploring the Spencer Mansion or the Raccoon City Police Department instead, before Chris saves him and then Jill/Leon/Claire show up afterwards to help like Richter/the Hero's alternate costumes in their trailers.
I still pray that we get a Resident Evil character or characters somewhere in this Fighters Pass. I mostly want Jill Valentine with a Spencer Mansion stage, but however going with multiple protagonists as alt costumes does sound like a much better idea and could sell the RE pack even more. Maybe even throw in RE1 Wesker as the last revealed alt costume? Man that would be pretty crazy.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I picked a Dead by Daylight character, just because I have no idea how a resident evil character would work, and to my knowledge I don't know if they'd be fun. Sure, there could be an inventory management system to make them unique, but I don't think it'd be fun to use; and the only weapons used would be guns and grenades, and I'd rather that move set be used for someone from a shooter and not a horror shooter (like Doomguy, or Master Chief).

An idea on the top of my head for a unique and fun DBD character, would be a pre-game perk system that allows up to 4 perks with different effects to make the character do something interesting (like, lets say a No Mither perk would always half your HP in stamina mode, or give you 100% in percent match, but you are harder to launch. Or a Diversion perk would make you throw a pebble during your forward tilt, which would normally be just a point, is now a point that has a pebble coming out, assuming the DbD character is a survivor). There are 83 perks for survivor, and 75 for killers, I'm sure there could be at least 20 perks. That's just the top of my head, though.

Top Bottom