• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will your first Smash Ultimate match be like?

D

Deleted member

So ever since Brawl, I personally made it a point to plan out the first multiplayer match I'd do.

For Brawl and Smash 4 I chose Mario vs Kirby, because of them as well as Link 'n Pikachu being the overall main characters of the franchise.

That said, I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that regard, so I may do the same thing this time around with all 4.

How will you deal with it? Which characters will you want to deal with considering it starts out real small? Will you play it with a local friend, or hop directly online? Perhaps give a potential special multiplayer mode a go? Fight on a custom stage?

Whatever it is, and whatever you hope it to be, feel free to share your thoughts!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Assuming only the og 8 are playable at the start I will probably do an an all link battle (botw (me) vs og vs dark vs fierce deity) at great plateau tower 20 stock then work my way through the rest of the fighters with this format. For some reason that is always done when a new smash releases since brawl.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Look up the quickest way to unlock the characters I want, I guess?

But thats single-player.
When it comes to multiplayer I wanna style on people as Dedede!

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
Go to VS. mode, start a game, and then instantly quit out because its set on time.

Last edited:

powerfulech0

Smash Rookie
Playing with my brother and sister, just like when we started playing Smash 64 for the first time when we were kids.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
8 player smash with the starting roster if it’s just 8 and not 12.

I also will be Link so I can feel him up myself...

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Since Brawl, I've made it a tradition that the first thing I do in a new Smash game is to play a 3 stock 4-player free for all on Battlefield.
The fighters are Link (me), Mario, Pikachu and Kirby. (It's basically the first fight seen in the Brawl reveal trailer)

Now that only the original 8 are unlocked at the start, I'll probably do an 8-player free for all with the original 8 on Battlefield for my second match.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
If SSBU has a story-mode that would be the first thing I would do. Otherwise that will be a classic 2-Stocks alter-ego match like Link vs. Dark Link or Samus vs. Dark Samus.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since Brawl, my first match has always been Mario vs. Bowser on Battlefield.

But Bowser is apparently unlockable now.

It's almost like Sakurai doesn't care about me personally. But that can't be true...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If there's a story mode, I'll probably start with that. Otherwise, a simple 1v1 to see what's different about Samus.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be playing most likely 5-6 player matches with my brothers and friends to start. First character I'll probably use is Link assuming we start with the original 12 or starting 8.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I’ll try Link out in training mode for some minutes, watch his animations in slow-mo, then i’ll just start unlocking characters in Classic Mode.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Honestly pick someone run of the edge in a 1 stock match. Cause its going to be the fastest way to unlock characters..............

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
Prob play with my buddy that lives a block away. Likely I'm go to find a new stage that isn't jank if one exists, choose what character that is available I wanna play and start the match and just spend 8mins hopping around. I'll just want to get a feel for everything. Jump squat, duration, sheild dureation, shield regen, landing lag, dash dancing, magnet hands while recovering to ledge. The first game will just be a massive comparison to sm4sh so I can see what's different.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My brother, his two friends, packed onto my living room couch playing a FFA with items on.

We'll do that and try out new characters and stages every match until we start to get hungry. Then we'll grab food and split into 1v1 matches with items off to start taking it seriously. Hopefully by that point we'll have unlocked some of our prospective mains. (The only one of the starting roster I want to try is Link, just to see how he's different.)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
In Smash 3DS my first match was :4robinf:vs:4lucario: on Jungle Japes. I'd love to do that again, but neither of them will be unlocked yet... so I'll probably start with :ultness:. Or whatever gets me :ultpokemontrainer: the quickest

Top Bottom