• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will happen to Smash 4?

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
With Ultimate almost here what exactly will happen to smash 4? Is it time to move on or forget about? Or will we look back on it and the community will uprise once more or could we just leave it out to the trash pile like we did with brawl?

Maybe physically smash 4 will be remembered for it’s unique gameplay and handful of characters and the reactions for the dlc patch acrossed the internet that brought channels together for the hype that will never be forgotten.

Personally I had fun with smash 4 tho I think I’d only return to it for memories rather then returning to it for fun once I get around to ultimates invormental enjoyment.
Let’s just hope it’s not treated the same way brawl was with the history of the series combined.

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
i'd imagine if it was kept alive, it would be a nice community! although i'm not sure how realistic that is when looking at brawl. SmUltimate looks like a direct upgrade, to 4, if you're okay with the speed.

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I think it's a nice classic for on the shelves. Ultimate is a worthy and proper, replacing successor, in every way. I don't think we need to care for Brawl or 4 anymore, honestly. Not beyond nostalgia's sake.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Part of Brawl falling hard into obscurity was WFC shutting down, more than just the arrival of Smash 4. So it might see a little activity before Ultimate's release before people are mainly seen playing it online, and after that on very special occasion.

It will be kinda bizarre, I can look back on Brawl and Smash 4 fondly. But I'm looking forward to what Ultimate has in store for us.

Last edited:

Fil with an "f"

Smash Rookie
Maybe it'll be kept alive if it gets a mod anywhere close to as popular as Project M, but I'd expect it to die out just because the Wii U is kind of dead. Most smash 4 players are on 3ds and I can't see that getting a comp scene in any way at all.
Not to mention the Switch modding scene might flourish more than the Wii U modding scene coming soon so the whole smash 4 modding might be a lost cause unfortunately.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
There are some fun memories, but with every character coming back, more modes and stages, and a more complex meta, I can't really see a reason to ever play 4 again.

I still love PM and Brawl is a fun time sometimes, but I'm ready to put 4 away.
At least for now.

Top Bottom