• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the title of the next Smash game?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Assuming that the next Smash game isn't called "Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch" or "Smash 5," what are your predictions on the title?

Do you think it will follow the tradition of Melee and Brawl, where those names pertained to combat? Or do you think it will be something entirely different?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Super Smash Bros. Brouhaha
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle
Super Smash Bros. Donnybrook
Super Smash Bros. Beef
Super Smash Bros. To-Do

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I have always like the title Strife after that Smash 4 leak for some reason

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I have always like the title Strife after that Smash 4 leak for some reason

my homestuck senses are tingling

i dunno, if the last game is any indication they may just want to use something simple and to the point. maybe they'll just call it Super Smash Bros 5, or Super Smash Bros 2018. if it does wind up being a port after all, i'd love to see them call it Super Smash Bros for Wii U for Switch.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
my homestuck senses are tingling

i dunno, if the last game is any indication they may just want to use something simple and to the point. maybe they'll just call it Super Smash Bros 5, or Super Smash Bros 2018. if it does wind up being a port after all, i'd love to see them call it Super Smash Bros for Wii U for Switch.
I have actually never gotten into homestuck although I know some people who are really into who have tried to get me into it as well. Seems interesting but also seems like a big endeavor that I am not sure I would have the dedication to go all the way through.

Sinn0h

Thot
Smash Bros: The Penguins of Madagascar
Smash Bros: African Safari
Smash Bros: Muppet Mayhem
Smash Bros: Build That Wall!
Smash Bros: Monopoly
Smash Bros: Thicc Edition
Smash Bros: The Glove Didn't Fit
Smash Bros: So It Couldn't Have Been Him
Smash Bros: Divorce!
Smash Bros: I Think I Ran Over My Son's Nintendog

Just a couple guesses.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice

guessing games oh guessing games! (you've gotta sing that like Terrence Trent Darby in Wishing Well)
But on a serious note, whatever the title is, my bold prediction is that SOMEHOW it will contain some hidden (or maybe even blatant) celebration of key features which will distinguish its gameplay or content from its predecessors. I came to this Collision by thinking about what single word could kill a few birds. "This" Collision instead of "that" one I may have seen at some point in another title suggestions thread...

1. Co as in joint... as in Swaps. As in shared, as Smash Gauge is a shared "resource" by multiple users (uses) of it.
2. Think of the fight itself as a collision. Think fights with far more pronounced differences of interests when it comes down to players exhibiting play styles and being emphatic in executing strategies. It's the new "Melee" or "Brawl" of the title. I figure we'd get that much in even a title having no significance beyond that.
3. Swaps, Techniques, Skills, and Final Smash are incredibly different uses of the Smash Gauge. But to go back a bit further, this stuff (for me) is truly a "collision of concepts" that have existed throughout the series to achieve a new effect in gameplay (particularly combat).

Shifting gears a bit, there is commonality established by the glue that brings them together to aid the player in his/her endeavor to mix **** up and win. But in a sense, they are opposing each other by vying for importance in the player's mind, which translates to Smash Gauge being spent on those groups (whatever suits you towards victory), often unequally, much like merchandise in a store in competition for your money.

So yeah, I tried to come up with some title significance, and tried to get those letters "colliding" in a way, but it was really the white space around the letters as I shifted them closer to each other which helped create the effect. It seems like I came up with a bit of an optical illusion there, but I don't know. Sometimes I look at it even knowing what it reads but don't see "Collision" immediately. Am I alone in this?

And that folks is how you attempt to shine a penny up into a silver dollar!

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Smash for WiiU and Smash for 3DS had the whole Smash 4 pun going on. They could continue this with SSBV. Super Smash Bros Versus, or Super Smash Bros Victory would work.

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
With the whole Nintendo Versus twitter account Super Smash Bros. Versus makes sense. I kinda like Super Smash Clash bc it rhymes and a clash kinda gives it that marvel crossover feel like they are bringing in characters. (but I do think it'll just be called SSB for Switch assuming it isn't still just SSB for Switch Deluxe)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Super Smash Brothers Chronicles of the dark conflict between the mushroom kingdom monarchy and the "HandsomeGloves" loyalist extended, as narrated by Link, the Mute chronicler.

a case study and its impact in the pokemon wildlife in relation to the decreasing pikmin population.

or SSBCDCBMKMHGLENLMCCSIPWRDPP, for short.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Now that Ultimate has released, I'm intrigued by "Super Smash Bros. Strife. Clash is basic, but it still really works. I can also see "Super Smash Bros. Reboot"

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Ideas

“Super Smash bros Revolution” (if Sakurai isn’t director)

“Super Smash Bros Z” (no not because of DBZ... I imagine they would use Z to signify final if Sakurai decides on one final smash game where he is the lead director before officially passing the torch. Though I think ultimate may be his final right now.”
Doesn’t mean that they can’t add DBZ inspired mechanics to laugh at themselves for coming up with that name :joyful:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom