• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the most memorable about Smash Ultimate's speculation?

UserKev

Smash Champion
What do you think will be the most memorable speculation during Smash Ultimate's hype?

I believe Skull Kid speculation will be the most mentioned even if he's positively confirmed to be in the game. I may be biased but this has to be Skull Kid's peak in speculation and no other will top it. I believe "Geno hype" you may refer to it as is another defining part of Smash Ultimate's speculation with the de-confirmation of Ashley and Waluigi.

Also, I will Never forget the phenomenon Decidueye bandwagon. Haha

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The most memorable thing is how all of our dreams came true with one game, and how we’re gonna have to come up with new ones.

D

Deleted member

For me the fact that so much care and perfection went into this game. It's a gift in of itself when Ridley, and King K. Rool got in I realized that more then ever.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
With the characters that have been confirmed, the big picks that still aren't in have been getting less and less, so I've been seeing some more interesting choices come out!

Also the background speculation for the latest direct. It's the most interested I've ever seen people get in two chairs and some pillows.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The rumors of Ridley being in the game starting soon after the teaser trailer for SSBU, which only continued to build up in the months leading up to E3 with Vergeben’s leak and the Imgur riddle “leak” adding fuel to the fire of speculation. I’ll never forget how it all ultimately paid off and how it vindicated the Ridley fanbase in the end, especially after the emotional turmoil it had to endure during and after SSB4 speculation, and how it made the impossible possible.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The most memorable thing will be by the time the last DLC character hits their will be no more characters left to add to Smash as "EVERYONE IS HERE" as Ultimate WILL be the last Smash game. All the top picks will be added to the game and the speculation section will be closed for good because every major character will be added to Smash. Dixie Kong, Medusa, ARMS rep, Issac, Geno, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Rex & Pyra, Elma, 7th gen Pokemon, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ken/Akuma, Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Shantae, Heihachi, Rayman, Crash, and Spyro will all be in the game at that point. Smash Bros will have officially turned into Mugen.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The most memorable thing will be by the time the last DLC character hits their will be no more characters left to add to Smash as "EVERYONE IS HERE" as Ultimate WILL be the last Smash game. All the top picks will be added to the game and the speculation section will be closed for good because every major character will be added to Smash. Dixie Kong, Medusa, ARMS rep, Issac, Geno, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Rex & Pyra, Elma, 7th gen Pokemon, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ken/Akuma, Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, Shantae, Heihachi, Rayman, Crash, and Spyro will all be in the game at that point. Smash Bros will have officially turned into Mugen.
Why does this sound so unpleasant?

StormC

Smash Hero
Probably all the harping about relevancy and recency and then having that blow up in speculators' faces with the early reveals.

There is a less than 0 chance that this is the last Smash game.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Probably all the speculation leading up to E3 worrying about who was gonna be cut. Sakurai was probably sittin in his home laughin.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I like how significantly speculation changed over the months. At the start, guys like Rex, Springman, Decidueye and many more recent characters were at the top, only for people to dig up their favorite dream character back and push for them even harder after E3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom