• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What we know about Peach and Daisy so far

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Floating your aerials is enough to remove the SH damage penalty on aerials. This means you get about 18% better damage instant-floating into your aerials rather than just short-hopping into them. It applies to both princesses.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Floating your aerials is enough to remove the SH damage penalty on aerials. This means you get about 18% better damage instant-floating into your aerials rather than just short-hopping into them. It applies to both princesses.
this was in vanilla smash 4 but was later removed.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Lots and lots of info guys!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Actually it just depends whether you did float after a ahorthop or fullhop. If you do shorthop and then float something, the shorthop multiplier will apply.

But yes, you're right that it doesnt apply in ground floats because those count as full hops apparently. Yay

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman

Actually it just depends whether you did float after a ahorthop or fullhop. If you do shorthop and then float something, the shorthop multiplier will apply.

But yes, you're right that it doesnt apply in ground floats because those count as full hops apparently. Yay
Does anyone actually float at SH height...? Can never imagine doing short-hop specifically to float. Since it involves holding the jump button to float, it defaults to full-hop anyways.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Oh really? So for ground floats it doesnt matter? That's nice :) ground floats are special in melee too i think .

Does anyone actually float at SH height...? Can never imagine doing short-hop specifically to float. Since it involves holding the jump button to float, it defaults to full-hop anyways.
Oh yeah that's a good point, we usually do hold it.
I mean I could see releasing and then pressing again real quick, but that's like extra.

As for short hop height, you'd want to get there sometimes, in some situations, maybe for some combos too since that good be a good height to do fair or dair, etc.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yeah you'll use full hop most of the time anyway. High float does go like... pretty high now but it could have been because Im not used to her fast jumpsquat and jump acceleration? Im definitely doing so float cancels in training mode once I get my hands on the game lmao.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/LingLing_21S

Ok after seeing all the shenanigans on these Twitter Threads

DEAR GOD

Peach is a monster confirmed. I can already FEEL myself destroying souls when this game hits. I can just see everything. The movement, the power, the combos, the turnips.... its all in my mind building up to this.

SHE LOOKS GOOD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/LingLing_21S

Ok after seeing all the shenanigans on these Twitter Threads

DEAR GOD

Peach is a monster confirmed. I can already FEEL myself destroying souls when this game hits. I can just see everything. The movement, the power, the combos, the turnips.... its all in my mind building up to this.

SHE LOOKS GOOD
I was already gonna main Daisy/Peach, you dont have to keep throwing more stuff on. I know they're good.
;p

But really, turnip mixups and combos are going to be very useful. And cool. Hopefully it all goes well.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
The tweets got me SO HYPE for peach!
If she becomes high-tier, I'll be happy, but a part of me will be lowkey bitter when the pros pick her up, because I feel its just a false love of Peach and they only use her because she's *good*.

IM A ~REAL~ FAN!!!!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Nair being frame 6 makes me cry. That's a nerf to its combo breaking abilities as well as to her Dair pressure (which is already weaker because of faster jumpsqhats of other characters). Dair really isnt looking very good.

Not many changes other than Dtilt being amazing, aerial SideB and the landing lag changes (whcih came close to what we knew anyway). Now we'll have to wait for active frames.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If she becomes high-tier, I'll be happy, but a part of me will be lowkey bitter when the pros pick her up, because I feel its just a false love of Peach and they only use her because she's *good*.

IM A ~REAL~ FAN!!!!
I know what you mean. I kinda of dont want lots of people to pick them up just because they're better now. But in whatever case, it's good for us that they're better, and will be fun too :)
Personally I always liked peach but it's the first time I decided to main a princess, after what i saw in how they play. The turnip stuff is just extra gold :)

Nair being frame 6 makes me cry. That's a nerf to its combo breaking abilities as well as to her Dair pressure (which is already weaker because of faster jumpsqhats of other characters). Dair really isnt looking very good.

Not many changes other than Dtilt being amazing, aerial SideB and the landing lag changes (whcih came close to what we knew anyway). Now we'll have to wait for active frames.
It's possible some of the figures aren't accurate. Not saying it is, just that I've noticed some info that doesn't seem right around at times. But in whatever case, the character(s) is goood :)

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice

IM A ~REAL~ FAN!!!!
I'm just afraid all this footage will only gather attention that will get her nerfed =[. Never a good thing to be perceived as being too great right at the start.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm just afraid all this footage will only gather attention that will get her nerfed =[. Never a good thing to be perceived as being too great right at the start.
Yeahh. Honestly, that's what could be annoying. But even if they'd nerf a few things, I doubt they'd make it so that it's not fun. At least there's something cool going, even if it could get tweeked..

I kinda hope this time around they buff lower characters rather than nerf the ones that have good stuff (unless it's too unbalanced)

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice

That is concerning but I rarely used Nair for combo breaking in Smash 4 either since it usually ended up whiffing the majority of the time.

Dair being nerfed is concerning but thankfully I used it for combos instead of floating shield pressure like most others did.

Everything else looks golden or buffed

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

IM A ~REAL~ FAN!!!!
Peach isn't a character most pros pick up unless they like her. That would only happen if she was really top of top tier.

Even in Melee she's so freaking good but nobody plays her because her style is unorthodox and skills from other characters don't transfer at all.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Even in Melee she's so freaking good but nobody plays her because her style is unorthodox and skills from other characters don't transfer at all.
I guess you're right.

On that note, maybe I've poisoned myself by maining peach in Melee, and I can never feel comfortable with any other character. :p

A Question for everyone: Which other smash character would a Peach main find easy to play? I find I can never play a Fire Emblem character as theyre sooo different from Peach.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess you're right.

On that note, maybe I've poisoned myself by maining peach in Melee, and I can never feel comfortable with any other character. :p

A Question for everyone: Which other smash character would a Peach main find easy to play? I find I can never play a Fire Emblem character as theyre sooo different from Peach.
Good question. Maybe yoshi or link?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I guess you're right.

Characters with unorthodox projectiles or item-spawning specials are usually my personal go tos after Peach.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I guess you're right.

I dunno man

I used to play characters like Falco, Samus, and Dr Mario

But no character has ever touched my abilities with Peach. I did dabble with Zelda and Zero Suit in Smash 4 so maybe those might work? Ultimate Zelda seems legit good

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I guess you're right.

Peach feels much more like Melee than ever in this game, but other than herself... Maybe Palutena, who also plays a heavy walling/mixup game, using shorthops to stay out if the opponents burst range (like Peach does with float). Other than that, maybe Rosa, who has at least similar physics and similarly to Peach is good at beating opponents attacks using her own.

There is no clear answer though because Peach doesnt really fit in a archetype like some others characters do (such as Marth, the classic keepaway swordsman, or Sheik, typical fast character with weak moves, or Fox, typical rushdown character).

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I dunno man

I used to play characters like Falco, Samus, and Dr Mario

But no character has ever touched my abilities with Peach. I did dabble with Zelda and Zero Suit in Smash 4 so maybe those might work? Ultimate Zelda seems legit good
I mained peach in every smash game since melee, and consistently it feels good to play as Ness, Lucas, Jiggs, and Yoshi.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
^ DELETE UR POST BEFORE ITS NINTENDO DEVS SEE IT AND IT GETS PATCHED!!! :ultpiranha:
Heh. Twitter is probably more popular anyway. If they delete the tweet i'll erase the post :p
It's likely to get patched anyway at some point. Enjoy it while you have it. Same thing with some other broken stuff other characters have.

Even tho they're my main, I actually dont like overly broken things anywhere. I'll be glad to see them patch stuff like the new iceys 0 to pdeath combo, or the metaknight nado combos, etc.
Or maybe we'll have it for peach and it'll be pretty good :)

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
On the note of that video, I dislike how they got rid of her spin with the taunt.
It looks weird just winking. I like the ~flair~ of the spin.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

Side B could be effective combo breaker. Just basing it off picturing it in my head so I could be flat out wrong tho. It doesn't come out as fast as Nair but it gets you way out of there, and it comes out frame 13 now which is extremely fast for a move in the air that will send you so far away.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Side B could be effective combo breaker. Just basing it off picturing it in my head so I could be flat out wrong tho. It doesn't come out as fast as Nair but it gets you way out of there, and it comes out frame 13 now which is extremely fast for a move in the air that will send you so far away.
Frame 13 is pretty late to break a combo. Air dodging is probably better. I think nair is still the best bet to get a hit off tho.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
My Daisy footage: https://youtu.be/MV0_5_uDFjg
If anyone has questions as to how she plays, ask. I've been grinding her out for the past 11 days (was Illmatic in Brawl if anyone cares).

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
In Smash 4 I used it to punish dash through, rolls and running shield at close range

It worked best for me on the ground as a delayed close range chasing tool

In Ultimate it looks like it might even be better with its longer range and faster speed and startup but i will have to put it into practice and see.

If anyone has questions as to how she plays, ask. I've been grinding her out for the past 11 days (was Illmatic in Brawl if anyone cares).
Great Video! Enjoy watching your Daisy play!

Can I draw everyones attention to the FAIR strike at 2:20? Was that a sour spot? What happened to Fair?

At that percentage he should have been flying off with a Fair Strike

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
In Smash 4 I used it to punish dash through, rolls and running shield at close range

It worked best for me on the ground as a delayed close range chasing tool

In Ultimate it looks like it might even be better with its longer range and faster speed and startup but i will have to put it into practice and see.

This.

Side B was optimal for punishing rollers.
Its rather speedy on the ground, so I didnt mind using it in place of an F-Smash or something.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh I shoulda realized youre the one playing from the title, lol. It's nice and thanks for sharing it.
Game's gonna be out soon, so just looking forward to playing myself. I dont have questions but your playing is showing me a few things :)

Top Bottom