• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What we know about Peach and Daisy so far

Davidavid7

Smash Rookie
I'm ok if peach is as fast, I'd enjoy using her too, but I feel like there has to be some little differences that people havent noticed yet. They wouldnt make them totally the same. I just wonder what it is.
I heard that Daisy's Nair is multihit while Peach's does more knockback

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Daisy_(SSBU) it says multihit here but i don't know if it's true
This is probably an oversight. There was a lot of nonsense of the wiki page (everyone can edit it after all...). Fortunately someone deleted most of the false info that was on there, but he probably forgot to delete that. Daisy's Nair has not been reported ro be multihit, nor has it been shown to be multihit in any of her vids.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Seems like they changed their minds about the added range on Peach's forward aerial from the August direct, it's not a magic attack, and both princesses deal 15.7 damage. I'm not seeing any obvious difference between Peach and Daisy lol.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Seems like they changed their minds about the added range on Peach's forward aerial from the August direct, it's not a magic attack, and both princesses deal 15.7 damage. I'm not seeing any obvious difference between Peach and Daisy lol.
I noticed the Fair "revert" as well! It was 14% base damage during the direct (16.8% in 1v1) but they reverted it back to 15% (18% in 1v1).

As for differences between Peach and Daisy, there might not be any, or at least not any significant ones.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'm actually relieved that there's no real difference. I was afraid of Daisy being considered "optimal" for whatever reason and being pressured to play a character I just personally don't like as much as Peach.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
I'm actually relieved that there's no real difference. I was afraid of Daisy being considered "optimal" for whatever reason and being pressured to play a character I just personally don't like as much as Peach.
“With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.”

there likely will be a difference unless what he said only applies to alts.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
in the very beginning of the fight, peach was able to hit Ken with the first hitbox of Upair, which dragged him down.
This is a good thing. I hope it hits grounded opponents.
What is the moved being used at 0:59 fair or nair? Sounds like fair but looks like a nair.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Peach Bomber looks faster and has some flashy effects now

Very cool. I did use in in smash 4 but only for chases and reads. very useful but only at very close range

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
So their bomber have the same speed? That's awful, it could have been the best change about Daisy...
I still think overall Peach is lighter and slower however, comparing her to Daisy something feels weird...

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
So their bomber have the same speed? That's awful, it could have been the best change about Daisy...
I still think overall Peach is lighter and slower however, comparing her to Daisy something feels weird...
What would be the balance in this? It irks me that people keep pushing this idea that Daisy is better with no drawbacks for no reason.

“With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.”

there likely will be a difference unless what he said only applies to alts.
Most likely, these differences are nothing more than unique animations for Daisy. Alt costumes like Aph don't have unique animations but echoes do. It goes along with Meru's tweet and the claims of other players who have actually gotten their hands on the demo.

Last edited:

Slip33

Smash Cadet
^^ I believe it's because people like Daisy a lot better than Peach, and want her to be the superior of the two.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
^^ I believe it's because people like Daisy a lot better than Peach, and want her to be the superior of the two.
I think it depends where you ask really in terms of popularity.

But yeah, that's what I figured. Not a good reason and certainly not fun for everyone.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I found another gameplay video for peach:

I feel like maybe she IS a little slower than daisy, but it's hard to tell for sure because these arent as good players as the daisy one from spain.
In whatever case, it's hard to tell but I think maybe she's slightly slower. Maybe she's stronger in some ways, dunno.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699

I feel like maybe she IS a little slower than daisy, but it's hard to tell for sure because these arent as good players as the daisy one from spain.
In whatever case, it's hard to tell but I think maybe she's slightly slower. Maybe she's stronger in some ways, dunno.
I would say that a skilled Peach/Daisy knows how to maximize their movement using dash and float. I've played with some people who were quite surprised by how fast I made Peach look back in Smash4. Actual pro players like Samsora also really made Peach look fast in Smash 4.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would say that a skilled Peach/Daisy knows how to maximize their movement using dash and float. I've played with some people who were quite surprised by how fast I made Peach look back in Smash4. Actual pro players like Samsora also really made Peach look fast in Smash 4.
Yeh that's why I'm saying it's hard to tell yet. But I was looking at the videos just for good ol' run and air speed, and I think Daisy may be a little faster, but that it's hard to tell means it could still just be an impression up to now or the difference is small.

I wouldnt mind them being the same speed, because then I'd be more tempted to use both, but I would like them to have differences that could set them apart.

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzNNajp8a_A

I legit think Daisy falls faster than Peach. Peach just seems really, really floaty in this game for some reason. This video is if you guys want a clear comparison.

Also I lowkey wish their August differences carried over to this demo since it would have made them more interesting, but Daisy may had completely outshadowed Peach if that were to happen (faster bomber and turnips is better than bigger range on fair)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzNNajp8a_A

I legit think Daisy falls faster than Peach. Peach just seems really, really floaty in this game for some reason. This video is if you guys want a clear comparison.

Also I lowkey wish their August differences carried over to this demo since it would have made them more interesting, but Daisy may had completely outshadowed Peach if that were to happen (faster bomber and turnips is better than bigger range on fair)
The problem with telling apart fall speed is that you have to pay attention to if they're fast falling or not. Most of the peach videos we've seen they weren't fast falling as much. But it could still be different.

Peach's bomber does seem fast, but i dont know if daisy's was slower.., and I do know that bomber is slower in the air than it is on the ground, like in smash 4.
We can keep a look out for things, but it seems hard to tell just on video. :/

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708

Not the best video to try to draw speed conclusions from with someone who's not good with Peach and never dashed and only fast fall'd twice in the entirety of that match lol. Only a side by side comparison will answer that question.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
What would be the balance in this? It irks me that people keep pushing this idea that Daisy is better with no drawbacks for no reason.
i think most people want Daisy to be different from Peach, either because she takes up a slot (instead of just a costume) or because they like Daisy a lot and want to be a stand alone character instead of a Peach clone.

Unfortunately, this causes an inclination to wishful thinking and confirmation bias. I still see lots of comment stating "Daisy is faster" without any reason, it's just a rumor that has spread like fire because people just want her to be different.

in any case I am pretty sure there are going to be differences but they're going to be small, and just like it took a while with Dark Pit and Pit to find out what differences there were even after post-release, it might also take a bit with Peach and Daisy. We might not find any difference between Peach and Daisy before release (if we do, we are lucky).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i think most people want Daisy to be different from Peach, either because she takes up a slot (instead of just a costume) or because they like Daisy a lot and want to be a stand alone character instead of a Peach clone.

Unfortunately, this causes an inclination to wishful thinking and confirmation bias. I still see lots of comment stating "Daisy is faster" without any reason, it's just a rumor that has spread like fire because people just want her to be different.

in any case I am pretty sure there are going to be differences but they're going to be small, and just like it took a while with Dark Pit and Pit to find out what differences there were even after post-release, it might also take a bit with Peach and Daisy. We might not find any difference between Peach and Daisy before release (if we do, we are lucky).
If it were obvious changes we would be able to tell some of them from the videos. It's possible that there may be a speed difference but it's not big enough for everyone to notice. But yeah we'll really know for sure once it comes to release.
I mean, there's bound to be a few changes. :O

Not the best video to try to draw speed conclusions from with someone who's not good with Peach and never dashed and only fast fall'd twice in the entirety of that match lol. Only a side by side comparison will answer that question.
Yeah i was looking more at air speed for that one, which didnt seem quite like daisy, tho they may not be tilting their stick all the way. The other videos dont complement her much better tho, so im not confident about any of it. .. she seems fine tho :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Guys if you watch a bad peach play free for all in smash 4 she looks just as slow. When there are 4 fast characters on screen it highlights the slower characters speed a lot. Especially when that player doesnt seem to understand in any way peaches fundamentals.

ε Epsilon ε

Smash Rookie
So when exactly did people figure out what made Pit different from Dark Pit in Smash 4?

At this point we're grasping at straws, lol. Peach and Daisy are entirely alike most likely. Seems like Dark Samus and Ricther have no differences either (besides cosmetic stuff) so why would Daisy?

Edit: Besides, when a clone character is revealed before launch and they have significant differences, Sakrurai points them out, probably to spice up speculation on who's gonna be better. Lucina had her differences point out , so did Chrom and Ken. "Coincidentally," Daisy, Richter and Dark Samus had nothing except for "yeah, they're kinda different". Seems like they meant aesthetically

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So when exactly did people figure out what made Pit different from Dark Pit in Smash 4?

At this point we're grasping at straws, lol. Peach and Daisy are entirely alike most likely. Seems like Dark Samus and Ricther have no differences either (besides cosmetic stuff) so why would Daisy?

Edit: Besides, when a clone character is revealed before launch and they have significant differences, Sakrurai points them out, probably to spice up speculation on who's gonna be better. Lucina had her differences point out , so did Chrom and Ken. "Coincidentally," Daisy, Richter and Dark Samus had nothing except for "yeah, they're kinda different". Seems like they meant aesthetically
I still say they're bound to have a few differences. And I want to know what they are :)

ε Epsilon ε

Smash Rookie
I still say they're bound to have a few differences. And I want to know what they are :)
I mean, I sure hope so. But people who've played the game said there's no real difference, plus the fact that Dark Samus and Richter have no differences also.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, I sure hope so. But people who've played the game said there's no real difference, plus the fact that Dark Samus and Richter have no differences also.
As far as people have noticed. And why focus on them when there's those who have more difference?
Dark samus' roll is quicker by a few frames than samus', so who's to say there arent tiny differences here and there that we dont know yet for all of them.
But anyway, yeh im banking that peach has a few differences.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Peach vs Daisy is here (also Rosalina and Wolf but eh).
https://youtu.be/0bFWgNVhrjw
Thanks that's very useful to have. If Daisy is faster than peach it'd only be by a little because there doesnt seem to be too much difference. Even if I look back at it again, I'm not sure i'll be able to tell.
Will probably have to wait till we get to play it in december ;p

Last edited:
Top Bottom