• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your greatest achievement on For Glory?

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
We all have that one moment, that one shining achievement that we put above the rest. Whether it would be defeating a top tier with a low tier, or finally killing that one guy who would just not die. What was yours?

Mine just happened a few hours ago, where I finally had beaten a :4bayonetta2: with my main, :4dedede:.

link2702

Smash Champion
Running into and beating Ken, the melee legend.

Now granted this was early in smash 4's life, and he uses ganon in 4, while I used falcon...

But still it was one of my favorite moments. He had it on his twitch, but sadly he deleted the video sometime later, making me wish I used something myself to record it.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
Any time an opposing player takes my first stock off early and works me to nearly 100% damage before I get something going and come from behind and win the match. It takes some real skill to be able to be that far down (one of the players was a Mario main the other was a dr. Mario main) with charizard and still somehow manage to win. I saved replays off of that.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
One of the first For Glory matches I played on 3ds when I came across a :4falcon:that was superior to me in every aspect. We only had 1 match and I was getting my ass kicked throughout the whole thing, but my :4samus: hung in there and came pack at nearly 200% damage and took out both of :4falcon:'s stock with 2 well timed spikes. The 2nd spike was a 0% to death KO. After the match the other guy just quit, I was going to let him get his rematch in too.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I hate to sound shallow but my win rate was what I prided myself most about FG on 3DS. For my 2 serious mains, my Dark Pit (around release to Fall 2015) I achieved 68-69% over around 3100 matches. With Ryu (spring 2016-present) I hit about 74.4% of about 5200 matches. I was at around 65% at the beginning of the year and I've gotten it to a respectable level, with room to grow.
Unfortunately...do you ever have it where the game randomly says the cartridge was removed? Well...that just happened to me during boot-up and I lost everything

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the Wii U version, I was :4littlemac: playing against a :4megaman: when he grabbed and threw me offstage. After that, he jumped off attempting to gimp me but used Rush to return to the stage. I used side-B but I couldn't reach the edge and ended up falling to my death...or so I thought. I realized then that his Rush had saved me thinking he had already disappeared. We were both on our last stock during that moment and once I've climbed back onstage, he rolled to the opposite side throwing Metal Blades and Crash Bombers while I had the KO Meter ready to go. He got careless in the end and I delivered the KO Uppercut for the win. This happened about two years ago and I did had a replay of that match but I don't have it anymore thanks to all the patches.

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
so I was:4tlink: vs :4bayonetta: and I accidentally SD at the start of the match with only 12% and no damage to my opponent and toon link being a tiny character I was able to get close to bayo when she went for Fsmash and avoid it entirely which combo once into a u tilt airdodge read uair kill and once again into a backthrow kill and I came back from the depths against the one of the top tiers on my hated character list

HerbsnSpices910

Smash Cadet
Any time I've ever defeated competent :4cloud:or :4bayonetta:players. It's a losing matchup for both of my characters so I'm always filled with pride whenever I beat advanced Clouds and Bayos.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It's hard to say really. While I had a ton of amazing moments I don't think any of them can be considered "Achievements".

However, I think my absolute proudest that may be considered as such was a match that took place months to maybe a year ago. I was King Dedede and my opponent was a Samus. Of course that Match-up can be very unforgiving for poor ol' King Dedede...

And boy, was that Samus really showing me how lop-sided it could really be. I could barely touch them and they were absolutely destroying me. After they took my first stock I managed to knock them off the stage and luckily get them with a Gordo stage spike. What happened next even I was unprepared for. As soon as they respawned it felt as if that Gordo stage spike gave them severe brain damage, as right out of their respawn I 0 - Death'd them in roughly ten seconds in a wombo combo type of fashion.

I was in no way sandbagging them, so I have no clue how someone that was pretty much making me sweat bullets suddenly become roadkill to me, but man that really hyped me up to levels I've never been hyped to before. It honestly felt amazing.

I consider it to be the best comeback I've ever done on For Glory.

Top Bottom