• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What video game franchise would you want to live in if you had the chance?

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
There's a rule, though, and it's that you have to be one of the characters in your preferred choice. All right? Good. Let's start... but you guys should answer first.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is always so easy for me. Animal Crossing. Don't care what character I have to be. Just not one of the uglies.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Final Fantasy 14, specifically.
As long as I end up as a member of the company of heroes or scions of the seventh dawn, im good.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I'd want to get to live in the Kid Icarus universe, because no matter who I end up as (hero or villain) I'll still have fun with whatever I'm doing.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Yeah, I'd go with the Animal Crossing universe as well. Life is just perfect there. Seeing how there's human villagers, I guess I'd be one of them.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Xenoblade. I haven't looked much into the series but I like the idea of living in well, a futuristic world. If I had to choose, I would probably choose Shulk for now.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Easy. Star Fox.
The best part would be if I could be Fox himself.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I would have to go with The World Ends With You, because even if you die, you still can get another chance at life. I guess I would be anyone, but Sho Minamimoto is my favorite character, so...

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I would have to live in a Pokemon universe. Preferably in the world of Pokken Tournament (AKA the Ferrum Region), because of Synergy Burst. Pokemon is my all-time favorite video game franchise, so it's only natural I'd want to be a Pokemon Master. Can I be my own character? My Weavile is a beast.

Although, if I had to pick a secondary, I'd want to live in the world of Stardew Valley. Strange choice because of farming, but everything is so relaxing and calm. You don't have to worry about anything, you can easily make friends, go on adventures, and make memories. I'd be the new farmer in town.

ScrapHeap

Smash Cadet
I'd be either Fox or Falco from StairFax. I'm such a fan of the series because of childhood memories and just how cool they were in Smash 64 and Melee, Falco especially. I've also always liked the idea of being part of an adventurous group of what are essentially mercenaries with a sense of justice, flying through space in kickass ships and space dogfighting. I could never be a pilot in real life, but it was the coolest thing for my little 6-year-old world.

I'd probably be Falco though, because I prefer the air.

Last edited:

Professor Fizwidgit

Smash Rookie
There's a rule, though, and it's that you have to be one of the characters in your preferred choice. All right? Good. Let's start... but you guys should answer first.
I'd be Sackboy from little big planet because then I could just make a bunch of sackbots and dress them up to make the best brothel of all time.... I would be rich....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Pokémon is the only acceptable answer.

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
fire emblem fates, corrin, i can marry all the hot ppl, be super rich, and fight everyone

edit: just realized u said franchise. it still works tho just drop the fates i guess

Last edited:

Navarro

Smash Apprentice
i can marry all the hot ppl, be super rich, and fight everyone
Sounds like irl if you take the right opportunities.

Pokémon is the only acceptable answer.
I can see it has being both awesome and terrifying. Imagine how dangerous the world would be? Like anyone can be hiking in the mountains when all of a sudden, a wild Steelix comes out the ground, oh **** you're ****ed.

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
I'm dying to see more characters from the Wario Ware Inc world like Ashley. You know...the girl who lives next door who lives in that haunted mansion. Also maybe some characters from the Sonic The Hedgehog world (Tails, Knuckles, Amy, etc).

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can see it has being both awesome and terrifying. Imagine how dangerous the world would be? Like anyone can be hiking in the mountains when all of a sudden, a wild Steelix comes out the ground, oh **** you're ****ed.
10 year olds go out on adventures and survive in that world, so it can't be that bad. It's actually safer than what most people are saying tbh, at least you have companions that can keep you safe.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Pokemon would most likely be my top choice, and I'd be Ethan (the male character from HGSS), because the 2nd Gen is my favorite.

10 year olds go out on adventures and survive in that world, so it can't be that bad. It's actually safer than what most people are saying tbh, at least you have companions that can keep you safe.
Not to mention, considering the partners you could have, you could very well be the most feared being in the world.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Time to put on my two cents. There's honestly so many franchises out there that I could just choose from! It's pretty difficult choosing just one. I'm gonna cheat a bit here. My rules, son. :)

1. The Zelda franchise. This one's a no-brainer. Imagine being in Hyrule Field, just taking in the fresh air and beautiful scenery of each iteration, and exploring the canyons and forests of Gerudo Valley and the Lost Woods, respectively. And what character would I be to explore this world with? Believe it or not, I'd want to be Princess Ruto. Yes, you read that right, mi amigo.
IMG_20160430_002708.jpg

But why would I want to be a stubborn, non-human princess like her, you ask? Well, it's mainly due to her abilities, as shown in Hyrule Warriors. She's got those water powers, basically, and that's what I love about her. Of course it'll be harder to defend myself than if I were Link, since the Zora race is infamous for being weak to fire, but her powers seem more fun to use than Link's equipment for some reason. All I need to do to survive is to avoid going to Death Mountain and heated places like that, especially fire, and I'm okay!

2. The Mario universe. There's so much variety and worlds to explore in Mario's universe, it's kind of overwhelming. I would want to be Rosalina.
LN_-_Rosalina_by_SigurdHosenfeld.png

She's a motherly figure to everyone she knows and cares for each one of them with pure gentleness, yet, also with subtle authority, as well. Of course, let's not forget her overpowered abilities and having the role of the god of her home universe.

The only drawback, though, that I can think of is that she's, well... HUGE. I mean, have you even SEEN HER in Smash Bros., for crying out loud? She's much taller than Peach, not to mention most of the male characters, as well, excluding Ganondorf and Bowser. While it would be rather difficult, and uncomfortable, even, to roam across the worlds feeling tall in comparison to the other human characters, at the same time, it does look and feel like you could be dominant over them, as well, due to also having godlike powers.
tumblr_myn5ovq7sO1sw8d3mo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Kid Icarus for me. I would get to try all of these awesome looking bows. (Side note, all those bows, and not ONE compound!) Only drawback would be that A. I REALLY don't do heights, and B. I can't shoot a recurve bow for the life of me. Also, I would love to be a loose canon like Dark Pit.

Last edited:

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
Kirby! Me and him would be on the hunt for food all the time. xDD

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I would LOVE to live in Monster Hunter's glorious world. As a Hunter, I want to explore various beautiful areas like the Misty Peaks with my friends and fight great monsters such as Brachydios, Tamamitsune and so on...

I'd like to live in The Legend of Zelda's World as Link for pretty much the same reasons as why I wanna live MH's world (especially after seeing the last trailer).

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Pokemon first and foremost. What's that, giant murderous Steelix out to kill you? Angry Beedrils wanna poison your sorry behind? That all sounds scary, until you realize that you have at you, assuming you are at least the ripe old age of 10, are legally allowed to and even encouraged to set fire to said abominations and capture them as your own personal soldiers.

The only other video game franchises I could think of is Animal Crossing or some other similar game.

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
Pokemon, doesn't matter who, probably one of the main characters.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
The strange, fantastic nature of the 17th-century-European-style world of Fire Emblem makes it a tempting series to live within. However, the real charm comes in the fantasy of possibly being Dorcas himself. That is, as long as no one puts poison in your mutton.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Kirby cause I would be Kirby himself and enjoy walking around Dreamland, make new friends and beat up cosmic horror Lovecraft monstrosities.

Here's a description if i was a puffball like Kirby below. (If i was in Dreamland)
Size: Smaller than Kirby
Skin color: Turquoise
Feet color: Aquamarine
Cheek color: Teal (the ones on Kirby's face.)
And i would still have my hair.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would want to live in the Zelda universe and be born a Zora so I can swim and live underwater. Plus I would want to date and eventually marry Queen Rutela because she is the hottest, most elegant, most intelligent Zora that's ever lived. :love:

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Animal crossing.

Easy life, home redecorating is simple and effortless, easy money as the shop in town buys literally anything you pick up off the ground.

Course there could be a point where I might go completely insane if I’m stuck in that town for too long...

Hmm....

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is honestly one of the best choices. Dream Land is a cool planet, filled with beautiful places and friendly characters. Also, free food everywhere, and you can get anywhere you want via Warp Star. Life never gets boring either, since there's always some dark being trying to bring the apocalypse.

I'm fine with being a regular Waddle Dee.

Top Bottom