• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What unlikely/under-requested picks do you think deserve a spot in Smash?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
EDIT: In particular, WHY do you think the wolf cards you support deserve a spot, not just who.

sorry if this thread has been made already)

Thread title speaks for itself I feel so I'll just get right into some of my dream characters:

Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango) - LucasArts used to pump out iconic narrative driven adventure games back in the day and among them is this game right here. I haven't played any others to compare it to but anyway, I think LucasArts is overdue for representation. Manny provides a wealth of good music and I can see his stage being super interesting.

Big Daddy (BioShock Series) - The BioShock series is one of the greatest video game series of all time imo, and I think most emblematic of the series is Big Daddy. The series is on a Nintendo console now which I believe to help his chances, plus I think the series is iconic enough to warrant a spot anyway.

Zoroark (Pokemon) - Complete bias bc I love gen 5 but trying to be as unbiased as possible, I think having the bulk of your series being represented by one generation out of so many others is quite poor. Zoroark's moveset has a ton of potential and he's definitely among the more recognizable figures from gen 5.

Mona (WarioWare) - I know most people want Ashley but I think Mona's wacky assortment of jobs and her being a more prevalent character would better represent WarioWare (or maybe I'm just biased idk).

Pyramid Head (Silent Hill 2) - Yeah yeah I know "never happening" but I think the potential for a unique moveset here has a greater presence than characters from a certain other horror franchise which will remain unnamed. Silent Hill is the first thing that comes to mind when I think horror game and Pyramid Head is perhaps one of the most notoriously menacing characters in the industry so I think even if his chances are virtually nonexistent I would definitely love to see him.

Leif (Fire Emblem) - The first two games he appears in have no reps character wise plus he wouldn't fall under the category of "Marth clone" all that much considering his status as a Master Knight and all the weapons he wields (though a sword would still be a part of the moveset).

Jacket (Hotline Miami) - Devolver Digital is an indie company with some of the most solid games in their catalog, and of them, I think Hotline Miami is best fit for Smash. It's on a Nintendo console plus it's one of the most popular indies ever released (and we don't have to get into moveset potential but I found this nice one a bit earlier today: https://www.reddit.com/r/HotlineMiami/comments/awlfl3/jacket_smash_moveset/). Overall a character I could see being very well suited for Smash.

Chell or Gordon Freeman - Icons honestly; considering Valve's contributions to the industry as a whole, I think a Valve rep would be perfect for Smash. Chell might be a bit difficult to make playable but it's not like Gordon is somehow the worse option imo.

And finally, Porky from the Mother series, because he will always be under requested until he is a fully playable character :)

Last edited:

pennylessz

Smash Cadet
Laharl has never been considered by anyone I've seen, and probably never will be. However, NIS has a lot of games, publishes a lot more, and is now throwing all of its stuff on Switch, to resounding success. I would like him in as a rep for the company. I'm sure Etna is more popular, but Laharl is the OG overlord. The Disgaea 1 main cast has appeared in every subsequent sequel as well. If we count the number of games Laharl has appeared in on Nintendo consoles.

Disgaea Switch + DS.
Disgaea 4 Switch.
Disgaea 5 Switch.
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? Switch.
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!
Disgaea 6 Switch (Not released yet, but he'll certainly be in it.)

In fact, Disgaea 6 is only releasing on Switch in the west, at least for the time being. This is counter to Disgaea's normal pattern of being a Sony exclusive series. Clearly Nintendo is being good to them.

KurokoGuy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-7839-2457
Switch FC
SW 3354 8684 7309
Filia From Skullgirls She Would Be A Fourth Fighting Game Rep And Out Of The Fighting Game Characters In Smash Filia Design Wise Would Be The Most Unique, And Skullgirls Is On Switch, She Uses Her Hair To Fight But Her Design Could Be A Slight Problem

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads) - These are my brother’s favorite video game characters ever. They are among the most recognizable NES reps left after Ryu Hyabusa and Bill Rizer. They have a really unique look that would fit really well in Smash and have a ton of moveset potential. They had a cameo in Shovel Knight and Rash was a guest character in Killer Instinct. They even finally got a new game after 25 years.

A Warcraft or Starcraft character - The only Blizzard character I ever see brought up is Tracer from Overwatch. While she may be the most likely, I feel the other options always get looked over. Warcraft has a pretty big legacy in the history of gaming. Their RTS games were really big back in the day and since then have left a huge impact in other genreswith World of Warcraft and Hearthstone. Without Warcraft,we would never have gotten other huge franchises like League of Legends or DOTA. Blizzard has amazing character design and it would be awesome to see someone like Illidan in Smash. Starcraft, on the other hand, has some history with Nintendo with Starcraft 64. I feel Kerrigan is the best representation for the RTS genre because she makes sense as a summoner to spawn a variety of Zerg units with her attacks.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads) - These are my brother’s favorite video game characters ever. They are among the most recognizable NES reps left after Ryu Hyabusa and Bill Rizer. They have a really unique look that would fit really well in Smash and have a ton of moveset potential. They had a cameo in Shovel Knight and Rash was a guest character in Killer Instinct. They even finally got a new game after 25 years.

A Warcraft or Starcraft character - The only Blizzard character I ever see brought up is Tracer from Overwatch. While she may be the most likely, I feel the other options always get looked over. Warcraft has a pretty big legacy in the history of gaming. Their RTS games were really big back in the day and since then have left a huge impact in other genreswith World of Warcraft and Hearthstone. Without Warcraft,we would never have gotten other huge franchises like League of Legends or DOTA. Blizzard has amazing character design and it would be awesome to see someone like Illidan in Smash. Starcraft, on the other hand, has some history with Nintendo with Starcraft 64. I feel Kerrigan is the best representation for the RTS genre because she makes sense as a summoner to spawn a variety of Zerg units with her attacks.
Why have I NEVER considered Illidan or any WoW character damn

Also excellent choice with Battletoads you really pulled through with influential/iconic yet under requested names.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Why have I NEVER considered Illidan or any WoW character damn

Also excellent choice with Battletoads you really pulled through with influential/iconic yet under requested names.
Thanks. These are two of my most wanted characters and it's a real shame that nobody ever even discusses them. I've tried to make a support thread on here for both Battletoads and Sarah Kerrigan and got almost no replies. I'll try to make another one soon for Illidan but I expect the same with him.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Shake King from Wario Land, sure he's a one-off character that no one cares about. But he would be interesting to see in Smash as a fighter.

(He could bring more representation for the Wario Land games as well being another villain rep.)

MintPepsi

Smash Cadet
Not really deserving but a character I've wanted to see in Smash for a while now is Rusty from Steamworld Dig, it's a really solid indie metroidvania and I wish it and its sequel got more love.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I'm surprise Lara Croft isn't more requested.

Tingle deserves a spot, I don't care if some people can't stand him. He's one of the few recurring characters in The Legend of Zelda, he was basically the first player two in the serie, and he stars in his own spin-of. Deal with it.

Also I wonder why professor E.Gadd doesn't have more support. He has lots of qualities, and Luigi's Mansion is really famous now. But people prefer King Boo, and even he isn't that popular either.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
I terms of a Potential Pokemon Rep.... I think Meowth is Unlikely, yet also Deserving.

Given that he's a Main Pokemon when linked to Team Rocket and the show. You'd also have the aspect that he'd be able to potentially Represent 3 Generations in 1 with his Alts: Kanto Meowth, Alolan Meowth, and Galarian Meowth.

I know he's a Pokeball, however unlike with Assist Trophies.... Where theres only ONE Waluigi, and ONE Isaac etc. There are MANY Meowths.

Top Bottom