• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Type of Direct Do You Think Will Be The Next One?

What One Do You Choose?

• Total voters

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll happen sometime in October or November, and focus on the unnamed mode in green.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
There's not much time left. I think we'll get one final Smash direct sometime in October, and a Super Smash Bros Ultimate 50 fact extravaganza in November. And maybe another Nintendo Direct between those two. Whatever happens, I'm ready for it.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I think we're only getting one more, maybe around late October/early November.
There's a possibility we could get individual trailers dropped at some points (maybe for Echo Fighters or the Pokemon newcomer), but there'll probably be just one more Smash Direct. Not the Extravaganza; more in style with what we got in August.
After which they won't specify that the entire roster has been announced, and we'll get one final stinger in the weeks leading up to release.

Last edited:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
I can't see another Nintendo Direct, so Smash specific. Although, they could pull another Robin on us.

Edit: Read the name wrong whoops.

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Smash Direct in November. They announced so many 2019 and early 2019 games in the last Direct that I can't see anything happening on that front until next year.

I'm hoping we get another reveal before then though, maybe in October.

2000dog

Smash Rookie
I can a see one last Smash direct in November around the time the new GameCube controller and adapter comes out (which they'll remind us about), then show the last of the fighters and the new mode. I think October is a little too soon, and Nintendo usually releases overview videos for their games closer to a few weeks before release.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I think a safe bet is a smash centered direct in november detailing the final newcomers, echo fighters, and the new green mode, though I can't help but feel like we could easily be getting a seperate Robin-esque trailer all of a sudden in mid october.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thinking a Pokemon Direct. They'll reveal Incineroar next month similar to how Isabelle was revealed and then the rest on November. That's assuming no leaks reveals the entire roster by then.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I’m banking on a Pokémon direct. I know Pokémon let’s go doesn’t look like it’s going to be very deep, but the game comes out on November 16th and we hardly got anything on that game this last direct making me feel that they’re saving stuff for a Pokémon direct.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think mid/late october we're going to get a pokemon direct for LGPE without any newcomers, then another one mid/late november for smash focusing on online stuff and spirits mode, then early december we'll get a 50 fact thing for ultimate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still got a feeling the entire roster will likely be leaked before the game even releases or all the characters are announced. It's happened with Brawl and Smash 4 after all...

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Smash Direct. I don't expect another basic Nintendo Direct until January. I mean they announced Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and Town in this direct. This is how I see it going.

October - A new character reveal on the Ultimate website ala Robin/Lucina.

November 2nd - Smash Bros. Direct (the final one) - We get 2 more newcomers, 3 echoes, a detail on both that mystery mode as WELL as online modes.

December - Game Awards, Nintendo will show first footage of Bayonetta 3 and a Metroid Prime 4 cinematic teaser.

Janurary Direct - Basic Nintendo Direct we get details on all the 2019 games as well as learning Ultimate will receive DLC. I'm gonna predict when the games will see release in 2019 as well. January 11th - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, March - Daemon X Machina, April - Yoshi's Crafted World, May - Fire Emblem: Three Houses, June - Town, July - Animal Crossing, September - Luigi's Mansion 3, October - Bayonetta 3, November - Pokemon Gen 8, December - Metroid Prime 4.

So basically the only months in 2019 without a big AAA game are February, and August. I could see August being kinda like this year where it's mostly 3rd party focused. February I don't think we get anything in this month.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We got two Nintendo Indie directs back to back... I think that is also what we will get next.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
What I'd like to see happen is that instead of a 50 fact extravaganza, we get a 100 fact extravaganza, where every 10th fact is a new character reveal. It's not going to happen, but I think it's an interesting idea.

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
Late October since the pre order bundle releases on the 2nd to get that back in everyone's head before black friday/holiday shopping.

Then a regular one November focusing on holiday releases and announce a new poke in smash.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m guessing late Oct-early Nov for the Smash Direct revealing the secret mode and final newcomers and echoes.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
We need another 50 or 100 something Smash extravaganza next they get to a new Smash Bros reveal!

As we also need to know what offline game modes we can expect to see (Wouldn't be surprised if they said every single offline game mode is returning)!

Would also like to see what Spirit's Mode Is!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't think we'll be getting a general direct until December at the earliest, most likely January. The next direct will either be a short one to promote Pokemon Lets Go or a dedicated Smash direct. I think the latter will happen in October. Mostly because I want it to, but also because the longer they wait, the more time there is for stuff to potentially leak and spoil the reveals. Besides, if the Smash direct was held in early November, it would risk overshadowing Lets Go, which comes out on the 16th: people will likely be talking about the direct for several weeks afterwards. If held in late November, there's the problem of leaks and the fact that their marketing will be limited until then - they can't talk about Spirits, other stuff or show pictures of the full roster until they've been properly revealed.

The Smash direct will likely begin with a reveal trailer, most likely Incineroar. Then we'll have Sakurai discuss the character, perhaps reveal any remaining Pokemon and introduce the new Pokemon stage (still believe we might be getting a few more stages). Then, as last time, he'll move on to echoes, showing off Ken and maybe one other character at most. He'll then show a complete picture of the roster, which can allow him to segue into talking about how to unlock all the cast: Spirits. Sakurai will spend a good part of the direct talking about this mode, while briefly mentioning the returning single player modes at the end. Then we'll see any remaining new assists, the rest of the stages and online mode, which will also be discussed at length. Finally, after wrapping things up, we'll finish with a trailer teasing the first DLC character.

... At least that's how I think it'll go on the basis of the last direct. Probably going to be completely wrong, though.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I just hope we get a reveal in October. otherwise its going to be a long month. I think it will end with 70 unique characters, so ideally one gets revealed in October, and one in November.

Last edited:
Top Bottom