• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do against projectile spammers online?

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
I recently found I'm doing subpar against projectile spammers in 1v1 online. Specifically those with a good close quarters game.
Just had a match against a Pikachu that would spam Thunderjolt until the button was broken. Really, even at mediu-close range, he would jump backwards and TJ more. Problem is, at this point I got some good damage taken, so he can just throw out a typical Pikachu combo, add 25-35 % to the counter, push me away and continue. Samus' Projectiles only did so much, since they got more lag than TJ.
All that happened on FD.

Any tips?

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Here Link & Samus main, you will need one thing. Patience, try to fool the spamer, get close to your enemy and then run just so you can know how he will react. Try different ways and see when your enemy is vulnerable and that will be the time to strike back.

Charge shot could be useful for punishes, something like using short hop and fully charged charge shot.

Remember to be patient, use that time to analyze the opponent and counter attack. Unless he rushes into you, be prepared to fully block an attack and counter with up b out of shield.

Top Bottom