• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stages should i chose as DK?

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
Against Samus, also DO NOT go to Stadium, I've made that mistake in tournament. It is too large and you will get missile spammed with the platform placement.
I'd also consider avoiding Yoshi's against a Samus so they don't get any lucky early missile kills.
Fountain is known for being a good stage for Samus, and you kind of do want platforms to escape, so the only stage left for Samus is... Battlefield. It is also more difficult for her tether shenanigans on Battlefield.

So, for Samus, I'd say Battlefield. Dreamland is okay but it is also large so she will live forever.

For Peach, I'd say Yoshi's can be good because just 2 Bairs off stage and she is pretty much in the blastzone, and if she floats over you, Uair will kill very early too. Look out for your head poking through platforms into Dsmash though.

So, for Peach, I'd say whatever you are comfortable with, although similar Dreamland tradeoffs as Samus.

Luigi is a bit different than the other 2. I wouldn't go Yoshi's, it feels very cramped due to Luigi's movement options. I have had experience with a local Luigi always SD'ing on this stage though, the ledges seem to annoy him and the bottom is shallow.

FD is bad. You want platforms.

So, for Luigi, I'd say Dreamland has advantages to you but not any for him. You can live a very long time and he will have trouble chasing and killing you vertically. FOD can mess up his recovery sometimes as well.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Best stage to face Samus is PS :) If you get missle camped then you're not back airing / light shielding missles.
Best thing to do against missle camping is turning around before you shield. This way missles don't shield poke you and you can Bair her or a missle. What I do now is just turn around, spam Bair into a buffered shield as I slowly approach her through the spam.

PS is also the best stage for Peach and Luigi. Easy cargo upthrow to Uair kills from jump on top the platform.

Do not go to FoD vs any of these characters because you need cargo upthrow to Uair to kill.

PS>FD>YS>BF/DL>FoD for these characters

Hagrid

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would not recommend Yoshis Story against any matchup. DK needs to have a decent amount of space to space back airs, and not get caught above characters. YS does not let you move freely and you will constantly be under pressure. Yes you can kill easily, but so can your opponent. And they are going to be in control much more.

Against those characters I would choose Battlefield, FOD, Dreamland or PS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom