• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What SPIRIT would you want to see 'promoted' to ASSIST?

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
So its fairly commonplace to fantasize about which Assist Trophies that you wish were full fighters, but has there ever been a discussion of which spirits you wish were one step further?

I know calling it a 'promotion' is in accurate as they play entirely different roles and some Spirits do have Trophies but I figure this should be interesting. Just for fun, what would they do as an assist?

Anyways I really wish Kamek were an assist trophy. He would zip across the screen a few times on his broom, damaging and knocking back any oppsing players he hits, then he would fly far over the stage on his last pass, sprinkling down a spell with a random effect. It would either give a random buff the player who summoned him (Big, metal, Star ect) or would de-buff the other players (Small, lip-sticked, inked ect)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I guess the Three Mage Sisters since there's a fat chance of them ever being in the game. It would be cool to see all 3 running and flying around the map.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
My pick would defiantly be Mr. Resetti without a second thought.

The poor dude lost his job to automation recently. He deserves love somewhere.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have a few ideas (and a few Pokeball Pokémon as well)

Assists: Mr.Resetti (Returning from Brawl), Lakitu and Spine's (Returning from Game 4), Stanley the Bug Man (New), Mallow (New), Chibi-Robo (New) and T-rex (Fossil Fighters (New))

Pokeball Pokémon: :110: (Returning from Melee), :094: (New), :248: (New) and :104: (New)

That is all I got

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Krystal! (Star Fox)
You're in luck, my friend.

As for me, the Spirit I'd like to see most promoted to Assist Trophy is Rambi.
Seriously I have no idea why Rambi isn't an assist already, he's absolutely perfect for it as both the most reoccurring animal buddy and having a rather obvious charging attack.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Swanky Kong, if he dresses like that, he deserves a promotion.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I would risk having Fawful as an assist trophy to promote Waluigi to a playable character in Smash 6.

Kamek were an assist trophy. He would zip across the screen a few times on his broom, damaging and knocking back any oppsing players he hits, then he would fly far over the stage on his last pass, sprinkling down a spell with a random effect. It would either give a random buff the player who summoned him (Big, metal, Star ect) or would de-buff the other players (Small, lip-sticked, inked ect)
Let's hope that if Waluigi gets promoted to playable in Smash 6, someone else will replace him. Just like Kappn became an assist trophy when Isabelle became playable.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
My picks to promote to a assist.
Magnus (Returning form Smash 4), Glass Joe (New), Rambi (New), Kamek (New), Death (New)

Poke ball Pokemon: Weezing(:110:) (Returning form Melee), Chikorita(:152:) (Returning form Brawl)

That is all I got

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Trailer Truck spirit (from Stunt Race FX.)
Would be awesome seeing a giant semi truck driving around at fast speed running over other fighters on the stage. (it can be attacked and grabbed.)

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Any of the kongs would be cool to see again (except for Dixie, I’d rather she be an echo eventually). If Geno makes it I’d like to see Mallow as an assist.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I have a few ideas (and a few Pokeball Pokémon as well)

Assists: Mr.Resetti (Returning from Brawl), Lakitu and Spine's (Returning from Game 4), Stanley the Bug Man (New), Mallow (New), Chibi-Robo (New) and T-rex (Fossil Fighters (New))

Pokeball Pokémon: :110: (Returning from Melee), :094: (New), :248: (New) and :104: (New)

That is all I got
My pick would defiantly be Mr. Resetti without a second thought.

The poor dude lost his job to automation recently. He deserves love somewhere.
I know I'm several months late to these replies, but the other day it just occurred to me Resetti isn't in the game anymore. He was honestly one of my favorite ATs. Should have gotten rid of Nintendogs or Devil to make room for our Irate Rodent.

Top Bottom