• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What sort of stage would you like to see?

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
So we have recent threads on stage speculation and such, but what we do not have (especially now that we know the stages) is what was a missed opportunity. What sort of stage would you create if given the shot for SSBU? From what universe? Hazards? Bosses in it? Go nuts!

I wanna take a timeless page out of Castlevania's book, since all we are sort of getting is Dracula's I guess throne room, is a clock tower stage. The clock tower is often a major hurdle in Castlevania games.....the part of the game where you go "Oh crap, things are about to get real" and I want to capture that in a vertically ascending stage similar to ice mountain BUT it would be one constant slower speed, ascending indefinitely with rotating gears as platforms, and stationary ledges to jump to and from as well. For the sake of making killing blows difficult, I guess there can not be walls on the sides, so you can send players flying off the screen sideways.

I would like a medusa head to cross the screen every 15 seconds or so, with like a 20% chance of it being an orange one that will knock back AND stun the player for 2-3 seconds if hit. I would also like to see a harpy fly by the screen every 30 seconds or so to toss a knife from their talons and then swoop randomly through the stage, damaging and knocking back. FINALLY, candles placed randomly that drop items =)

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I kept trying to come up with a serious answer, but I legit could only think of Vista Point from Mega Man Star Force. No, really.

It would be similar to stages like Smashville in that you'd be fighting on a platform floating above Vista Point, and there'd be a chance for a number of things to happen. Geo wistfully looking into space, a concert by Sonia Strumm, or EM beings just faffing about. And, above it all, a network of semi-transparent orange roads spanning across the night sky, pulsing with data.

Yes, I do have issues, thanks for asking.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 64)
Waterlanded Egg Carrier's circular arena (where you fight E-101 Beta MK2 in Sonic Adventure 1)
Stargazer, Magma, Gateway or Lagoon Colosseum (Pokemon: Battle Revolution)
Saltspray Rig
Arsenal Gear Core (MGS2)
Planet Phaze

Bringing back Pyrosphere, Orbital Gate, and PAC-MAZE would be good, too.

Last edited:

LinkaFlame

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5325-3982-2605
Sky Tower (Nutty Noon Stage 2) - Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Ganon's Castle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Tower of Guidance - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Tropical Resort - Sonic Colors
Grima - Fire Emblem: Awakening

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
:ultmario: A true Bowser's Castle stage (not the 1/3rd section on Paper Mario stage).
:ultdk: A non-Jungle themed stage. Either from the original trilogy (e.g. Mining Melancholy) or the new games (e.g. Fruity Factory).
:ultpikachu: An Alolan stage. Either one of the 4 islands or an important location like Aether Paradise or Mt. Lanalika.
:ultwario: A Wario Land stage. 'cos Sakurai seems to ignore Wario's origin series like the plague.
:ultsamus: Sr-388. Since Metroid: Samus Returns seems to have reignited interest in the series and it was a success.
:ultolimar: Either a Cave or a non-spring themed stage, like Valley of Repose or Twilight River.
:ultmegaman: Central Highway.
:ultsonic: A Classic 2D-Pixelated stage (similar to Mute City SNES stage), either based on astage from Sonic Mania or Sonic 2 / 3.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I want a stage of Torigoth from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It's the most prominent town in the game that also has the best music. I want it more than any character from the game.
I kept trying to come up with a serious answer, but I legit could only think of Vista Point from Mega Man Star Force. No, really.

It would be similar to stages like Smashville in that you'd be fighting on a platform floating above Vista Point, and there'd be a chance for a number of things to happen. Geo wistfully looking into space, a concert by Sonia Strumm, or EM beings just faffing about. And, above it all, a network of semi-transparent orange roads spanning across the night sky, pulsing with data.

Yes, I do have issues, thanks for asking.
Why would liking Mega Man Star Force mean you have issues? Sounds like a good stage.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
:ultmario: A true Bowser's Castle stage (not the 1/3rd section on Paper Mario stage).
:ultdk: A non-Jungle themed stage. Either from the original trilogy (e.g. Mining Melancholy) or the new games (e.g. Fruity Factory).
:ultpikachu: An Alolan stage. Either one of the 4 islands or an important location like Aether Paradise or Mt. Lanalika.
:ultwario: A Wario Land stage. 'cos Sakurai seems to ignore Wario's origin series like the plague.
:ultsamus: Sr-388. Since Metroid: Samus Returns seems to have reignited interest in the series and it was a success.
:ultolimar: Either a Cave or a non-spring themed stage, like Valley of Repose or Twilight River.
:ultmegaman: Central Highway.
:ultsonic: A Classic 2D-Pixelated stage (similar to Mute City SNES stage), either based on astage from Sonic Mania or Sonic 2 / 3.
OH MAN!!! A non jungle donkey kong stage would be SO GOOD!!! Why isn't that a thing??? Also, how do we NOT have a proper Bowser's castle stage???

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
OH MAN!!! A non jungle donkey kong stage would be SO GOOD!!! Why isn't that a thing??? Also, how do we NOT have a proper Bowser's castle stage???
Dunno. Maybe Sakurai's a stage-ist. As if he thinks Donkey Kong only deserves jungle levels and Mario only deserves Grassy Overworld themed levels.

Don't take me seriously.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
judgement hall. this stage is a favorite of mine.

seriously, i would like to see a third smash bros themed stage. maybe a reference to the subspace emissary to remember the past again? i defiantly do want to see 75m get replaced with 25m however. that stage sucks, and for such a good title, sakurai could and should be doing better to represent it in this game.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime)

Skytown (Metroid Prime 3)

Clocktown (Majora's Mask)

Sky Pillar (ORAS)

Altar of the Sun/Moon (Sun/Moon)

Mario Strikers Stadium

Tetris Stage

Noctilum (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bowser's Castle.

Ganondorf's Castle (OoT).

Clock Town (Majora's Mask).

Any area from Pikmin, maybe The Final Trial or the Formidable Oak, maybe Valley of Repose or Wistful Wild...

Saturn Valley, Mt. Itoi, Snowman... (Mother series)

Bring back Pac-Maze, Icicle Mountain, Poke Floats, PictoChat, Mute City (Melee), every past Final Destination and Battlefield, and Meta Crystal.

edit: Just realized PictoChat is actually still in the game, derp, although it's the second one and doesn't have the drawings from Brawl...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The plains of Gormott would be pretty cool. It would be right outside Torigoth with one walkoff to the left and one dropoff to the right, maybe some plats (some madeout of wood, one would be the moving crane)

Occasionally Ardanian Soldiers would come out and attack while screaming their meme lines but they can be KO'd. Rarely the Territorial Rotbart would come out and start attacking. He can't be KO'd but will leave after a certain period of time, turning the match into a runaway game for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Going to echo the sentiment of Bowser's Castle.
Sky Tower (Nutty Noon Stage 2) - Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Ganon's Castle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Tower of Guidance - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Tropical Resort - Sonic Colors
Grima - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Curious, how do you imagine Grima being implemented as a stage?

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
I'd love a Diamond City stage from Warioware that travels to different locations from the games, like Delfino. Would be a good way to get a bunch of cameos in while showing the character of the games.

I've also wanted a Tetris stage since they put in the music from Brawl.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's Castle, I'm suprised there hasn't been one yet. Preferably one that calls back to the original one in Super Mario Bros.
Bowser's airship from SMB3.
Death Mountain from LTTP with Ganon's tower appearing in the background.
A Panel de Pon stage, you go through all the fairiy's islands.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Valka Castle (Endless Ocean Blue World)

The stage will be a Luigi’s Mansion style stage where there are multiple rooms to go through. These rooms include the Mermaid’s Ball Room, the King’s Chamber, Collapsed Gallery, the Armory, and the Treasure Vault.

The stage will also include water physics, so characters jump higher and movement is all around slower in water.

Look out, while not a hazard, the castle’s vicious protector Thanatos lurks in the background and can be seen through various windows of the stage.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Probably my Yoshi bias speaking, but I kind of would like a stage based on the Yoshi's Island final battle. Considering each DLC fighter comes with a stage, this could easily be Kamek's stage if he were a DLC fighter, and would make for one heck of a cool match where you fight Kamek on the stage as Yoshi while trying to dodge Bowser's Final Smash. Defeating Kamek brings Bowser back down to size so you can defeat him, too. Maybe they could make Bowser disappear and put Bowser Jr in his place, to simulate Baby Bowser.

The stage itself would start out relatively simple, mostly flat, but during the course of the battle, rocks fall down that take chunks out of the stage and give players less ground to stand on. After a set amount of time the stage can repair itself though. Maybe the stage could start out inside the castle itself akin to the regular-sized Baby Bowser fight before it crumbles. Though I think people might become a little upset if this would become the Bowser's Castle stage, I would personally love this.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Mario Galaxy Tour: This stage travels around several Mario Galaxy 1&2 locations including Rosalina's Observatory, Gusty Garden Galaxy, Airship Mario, Bowser's Galaxy Generator, etc.

Sanctuary Fortress (Metroid Prime 2): Because a digital world in Smash would be the coolest thing ever.

Trial of the Sword Shrine (Breath of the Wild)

Any location from Xenoblade 2

LinkaFlame

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5325-3982-2605
Going to echo the sentiment of Bowser's Castle.

Curious, how do you imagine Grima being implemented as a stage?
Srry for the really late reply. I'd imagine it all taking place on Grima's back with the vigils spawning some of the Grimleal every now and then, or Grima would attack with spike attacks and Expiration. It'd probably sound much more fitting for a World of Light boss stage though, lol.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I want Halberd to be revamped to it uses the battle with Star Dream from Planet Robobot in the background, and Star Dream shoots missiles, lasers, meteors, etc. like he does in the game, and they're stage hazards.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Clock Town is extremely missing. Glitzville would be amazing.

I was a advocate for Bowser's Castle but its more unnecessary the more I think about it.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This is what I got.

This is what Nintendo started out making back in the 1800's. The stage would be based on the traditional artwork from the cards and would change through out the seasons. Certain points special cards like the crane, moon, or phoenix would appear to affect the terrain.

This is the main setting for Captain Rainbow and is an Island for lost or forgotten Nintendo characters. It has a very colorful art style and there is a ton of unique places to work with. I could imagine it being like Delfino Island almost as you move around different parts of the island. You could also see in the background many of the locals from the game or even some new arrivals to the island.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Stage ideas by series:
:ultmario:-Crumbleden
:ultdk:-Volcano Dome
:ultlink:-Hyrule Castle
:ultsamus:-Generator Shaft
:ultyoshi:-Prince Froggy's Stomach
:ultkirby:-Castle DDD
:ultfox:-Andross's Base
:ultpikachu:-Ultra Space
:ultluigi:-King Boo's Illusion
:ultness:-Giygas
:ultfalcon:-Phantom Road
:ultolimar:-Dream Den
:ultpit:-Medusa's Lair
:ultwario:-Stonecarving City
:ultsonic:-G.U.N Truck
:ultbayonetta:-Coliseum

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I like stages whose layouts aren't crazy but with aesthetic randomness. Something different to look at every time you play on it.

I'm still really disappointed that you don't see your Miis walking around in the background on Omega/BF Tomodachi. I love seeing them but don't like the regular level's design.

Top Bottom