• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What songs do you guy's listen to whilst playing in Tournaments

Mr. D4sh

Smash Rookie
Personally, I listen to some of the Undertale sound track (Megalovania, Bonetrousle and ASGORE preferably.) Lose Yourself and when I'm stressed I listen to chillstep. What do you guys listen to during Tourneys?

Raijinken

Smash Master
I always listen to Smash's music and sound effects when playing Smash. I'm a very aural person, it actually impacts my play when I can't hear the game.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
A rock arrangement of Professor Layton's theme is priceless to me. Undertale's soundtrack is just magnificent too. And there's an artist on Soundcloud with the name DBOYD (Don't Blink Or You'll Die) who makes his own songs using video game song bits. l know this isn't new, but his songs are beautiful. "lnterstellar Retribution", for example, is the best thing for me if l need to play aggressively, which can throw off opponents used to me being more cautious, mainly thanks to the aforementioned Layton arrangement.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
didn't want to have to listen to my own music in tournament, but it's way too loud to hear the game anyway so i caved and made a playlist.

has a mix of different things. James Blake, St Vincent, Purity Ring, Grimes and Radiohead, along with some idolm@ster Cinderella Girls songs, songs from the soundtrack to SMT x FE, and some random Tekken Tag 2 songs. those aren't necessarily my favourite game soundtracks, but i wanted a certain mood from the songs and they fit the best

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Mostly OST that can relax me or inspire me. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon works wonders for me.

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
A lot of stuff tends to do it for me, but in particular, I'm fond of the soundtracks for Guilty Gear and Blazblue, both of which are very guitar heavy and intense. A few good ones I'm in love with are the original version of Motorhead, which has heavy bass, Rebellion and Bullet Dance have nice rhythms, and I've heard Black Onslaught 2 described as having a Rock Opera feel.

Also, as much as I hate facing players who main him, Sonic music is fantastic, especially Crush 40's stuff. Heavy Guitars, and easy to tune out vocals.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I listen to the people that are talking over the match and completely ignoring it rather than focusing on the game.
I suppose that's why I don't win tournaments.
But now seriously, I don't ever listen to music when I play the game. Not even the game's music. I thought that maybe I'd feel something if I was playing the game and Brawl's Final Destination Theme, Mega Man 2 Medley or Minor Circuit were playing in the background, but last tournament, I noticed I tend to filter the music out entirely.
To instead focus on what the idiots not watching the match are talking about, obviously, like I said before.

ZeroKizuna

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZeroUmbra
A good variety. Some Kingdom Hearts 2 OST, some J-rock, sometimes even Metal Gear Rising OST

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
Either EDM or hip hop (Logic, G Eazy, Gambino etc)

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Anything loud and has a groove. I'm easily distracted so I need to be able to "zone out" into the music to help me keep focused on the match. Rammstein, The Sword, Meshuggah, and Bolt Thrower are a few that I go to consistently.

Aquasition

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8948-2851
Usually, I listen to the game's music, but sometimes, I need some music from Doom and Doom 2, or maybe some Hunting-Betrayal.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm trying to make a playlist for Mewtwo:
Psychic Type - Indigo Plateau
Psychic Type - Victory Road (HYYYYPE!!)

Work in progress obviously. I have a few more but can't remember the names.

Noble6Gabe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Teamrocket78
Switch FC
SW-6716-5953-6975
I don't listen to music while I'm in a match, but I do listen to music while I'm training/in the lab

The Mains: :4falcon::4feroy::4mario::4cloud:
Secondaries::4drmario::4sheik::4mewtwo:
Lab::4sonic::4yoshi:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Just a tip for people who like to listen to game audio, but can't hear it because most monitors have horrible built-in speakers and the crowd can be loud: plug your headphones into the Gamepad.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
One Punch Man theme before a match, X Gon' Give it to Ya for the match itself.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I never really do that tbh. I can't really play properly if I can't here the game.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I listen to the rock remix of Adabis Forest from Dust: An Elysian Tail.

krosswerks

Smash Rookie
So much Undertale love in this thread... Battle Against a True Hero is what gets me pumped~

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Usually Classical or OST (Hisaishi, other film/anime scores).

Occasionally Kanye and the Smash Trap Remix because that s*** is lit

Top Bottom