• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what should you do in a situation....

Clouderz

Smash Ace
what should you do in a situation when your metaknight, your playing an extremely good marth player, he's standing at the edge, ur in the air, think what to do, were both down to one stock and above 100%

A) if i glide toward him he'd reverse my glide-slash and kill me
B) try to use >B towards him, he'd block and i'd die,
C) glide under the stage and to the other edge, then he'd just run to the other side

what would you do in a situation like that if you really wanted to win, cause im always stuck in situations, and i just don't know what to do

D

Deleted member

do you mean your off the edge when you say your in the air?
and also what stage,any?

theres too many variables to give a few answers to this question but ill give at least one answer to the first one.

if you mean your off the edge and marth is waiting for you,if your on a stage like fd you could go low and try to auto sweetspot with up-b depending on how close the marth is to the ledge or if you know he plans to grab it you could go half as low and sweep him or go over,unless you feel confident you could sweetspot stall with forward b if you know hes going to counter and hit him from below so you can still grab the ledge.

haha hope that helps =D

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Depends on how far away you are from Marth, if I was far away, I would dive directly into his face and before
I get in his reach I would glide upwards again and land behind Marth, best done on Battlefield because of the platforms.

Else if I was close I would go under the stage and to the other edge forcing Marth to follow you and keep guessing what you are going to do.

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
if you go under the stage and he follows you you also have that certain short frame where you are invincable. You could use that to your advantage. Like stated above, just try to mentally play him, act like you're going to just run right into his sword and at the last second switch, it should buy you the quick second you need on a stage with platforms. Without platforms I'd just either go below or sweet-spot them.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
On ledges, I usually do shuttle loop and knock the players back.
It gives me time to do a tornado before anything else happens. Don't use the same moves over and over again. If you glided on the other side, stop; go back and give him a dash-hit to send him in the air for some aerial where he would be much more helpless than on the ground.

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
If I could land on the ground safely , I would use my down attack (The one where Meta Knight stabs his sword in the direction you are facing), hope that your opponent trips; if he does, start comboing him with your aerials.

Top Bottom