• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Should I Do With My Wii U?

What should I do with my Wii U?

• Sell it

• Keep it

• Burn it

• Get jiggy with it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
(Heh, that rhymes.)
So, we've finally reached the week of the grandiose Nintendo Switch launch. I've already preordered mine, as well as the Master Edition for Breath of the Wild. To say I'm hyped is an understatement.
In my hype for the Switch launch, I have also been considering the future of my Wii U console. While my friend has been begging me to give him all of my games, I really don't want to. I know I won't get much money back, but I'm planning to sell my Wii U, games, and most of its accessories on eBay, since I no longer have any use for it, even though there are some games, namely the Zelda HD remakes, that I love and know won't be coming to Switch, unless they, on the very low off-chance, arrive through VC.

So yes, I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing with my Wii U, but how do I transfer data and funds over? Is it all connected through Nintendo Account and MyNintendo? What should I transfer over on my USB drive? How should I prep my Wii U when it's sold to be shipped out? And what would be an ideal price estimate?

Thanks for all your help!

(P.S. The NintenZone description line really needs an update. "the Nintendo's latest console the Wii U" :laugh: )

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd keep it. Backwards compatibility is no more so it still has some use.

So yes, I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing with my Wii U, but how do I transfer data and funds over? Is it all connected through Nintendo Account and MyNintendo? What should I transfer over on my USB drive? How should I prep my Wii U when it's sold to be shipped out? And what would be an ideal price estimate?
Data should be tied to your account.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I feel like getting jiggy with it is your only option.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Who in the right mind would sell their Wii U just to get a Switch?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Definitely keep it. Remember, the Switch isn't backwards compatible, so the Wii U is the only way to play games like Smash 4.
I feel like getting jiggy with it is your only option.
Damn, beat me to it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I will keep the Wii U even though I unhooked it and stored it away. I am also keeping all my Wii U games. I still need to find something to store the Wii and Wii U game cases in an organized manner.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If you ever want to play Wii U games again, I suggest keeping it since the Switch lacks backwards compatibility. That's what I would do when it get the Switch.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I daresay, hun, keep your console especially since Switch has no backward compatibility. Y'all just can't tell when you want to play Wii U games again. Now, I'd personally never want to part with my consoles. This way, y'all seriously get your money's worth in entertainment.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Uh... keep it?

Why would you ever get rid of your consoles? I have never once understood this mentality. My uncle traded in his SNES for credit towards an N64 and he says he deeply regrets it.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Might be a little late to this, but it really depends on how you see things.

Would you rather get money (even if it's not much) for the console and games knowing you may not use them anymore? Do you actually NEED money (not for stuff you want) in your current situation? Or would you rather keep it and some of its games you deeply care for in a collector sense or in the very least for the sake of nostalgia? Burning it would honestly be pretty stupid really.

If you kept it would you still get some use out of it? Remember it has backwards compatibility and still has Online play as of right now, plus Wii U games will probably start becoming on sale the more the Switch gets more and more games to free up shelves.

I would honestly never get rid of my Wii U, and actually still have my Wii as well.

I may sell games that are unimportant to me but still keep the system as well as certain games just for collectors sake. It's always nice to look back at them and, depending on if you're a Nintendo collector, sometimes the older stuff makes your displays cooler.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd keep it and then when the next generation start worshipping it like they did for the Dreamcast you can cash in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The question has been answered by now(and if not, just use the poll). There was no need for an unnecessary bump.

For topics like this, they generally have no reason to ever get bumped up. Please try to avoid adding anything to topics that are over a month old(especially when there's nothing useful to add).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom