• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "should" but likely won't happen? (NOT FOR CHARACTERS)

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
So there are things that happen in our minds that we think would either be hilarious or plain amazing. Some of such are things that probably wouldn't happen. Master and Crazy Hand thumb-wrestling would make for a pretty funny attack, in my opinion :p. Or perhaps certain things in codecs or trophy descriptions would be nicely laughable. Or heck, even that the announcer doing something would be a gut-buster. Maybe you're one to think of more serious things that would knock off a decent number of socks, such as a mode that allows name-specific character customization. This thread is for the discussion of such unlikely happenings, and I want you to go wild in your imagination! Again, this is NOT for the talking of characters you would like to see playable, as that could easily lead to argument, which is not fun. Have Fun!

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Replays can always be saved regardless of game length. It will probably be bumped to about 5 minutes instead of two.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Absolutely perfect online. :p :laugh: You know, because of realistic technical issues and such.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Subspace Emmissary 2 with actual Nintendo locations.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Every character should have a Toon Link equivalent, and Little Mac's should be a Sock'em Boppers kid:

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
  • When playing Classic mode as Mega Man, instead of a linear progression of matches, you get a Mega Man style stage select screen with 8 boxes of random opponents that you can play in any order before going after Master Hand.
  • When you KO Bowser as Mario, he should say "So long, King Bowser!"
  • Create-Your-Own-Event mode, with online sharing

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
When playing teams, during the victory fanfare, the winners should say different things depending on who they're teamed up with.

Wolf (to Fox/Falco): Just because we won, don't think we're buddies now!

That sort of thing.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
5 player matches for wii u

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Hmm...you're aware that's probably going to happen, right?
In the direct, Sakurai left it ambiguous in terms of for glory and for fun. He said with friends you could customize rules, "such as stock battles" or something like that. His wording makes me think that for glory may just stuck with time, which would be dumb.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
In the direct, Sakurai left it ambiguous in terms of for glory and for fun. He said with friends you could customize rules, "such as stock battles" or something like that. His wording makes me think that for glory may just stuck with time, which would be dumb.
yea but it's sakurai he might not do that and i see no reason for him to do that although this is his second smash online game so idk

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Ever played PSASBR online? When you are out of stocks, all you can do is watch the match. In PSASBr tons of people just disconnected ruining matches for everyone. It's easier to just do timed and have some measures to keep the game connected if even then someone wants out.

D

Deleted member

-Return of Board the Platforms
-Every character has their own Break the Targets! stage
-A perfect online mode
Yeah, I'm a bit pessimistic about these.

Morbi

Scavenger
1). Move-set customization in For FUN mode.
2). Interaction between the characters.
3). Destructible environments (just kidding).

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Hey there "playas", here's some ideas I have for online connectivity/Miiverse.

1. Stages
  • The ability to publish them online.
  • Option to play them with friends/random people online.
2. Stadium
  • The ability to create your own Target Smash, Race to the Finish (Obstacle Course), and Board the Platforms stages, and the option to publish them online
  • "Versus" Stadium matches - Two or more people race against each other to break as many targets as possible before the other.
3. Events
  • The option to play "official" two-player event matches with strangers or friends.
  • MAYBE even the ability to create your OWN event matches! (That would be cool, huh?)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong series gets a lot of new items.
Trophies feature voice clips of that character.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
More Legend of Zelda items, you can never get enough.
BRILLIANT! YES! AGREE! 100%!

Let's just take a moment here and think about some very cool ideas for some :4zelda: Zelda :4link:items!

• Triforce - Could temporarily increase power or grant invulnerability (like the Star).
  • Lon Lon Milk - Removes 30% damage
  • Pieces of Heart - Basically, instead of just one Heart Container, make it like the Dragoon in SSBB - you have to collect 4 pieces before you can get it. The buff to this is that it literally gives you another stock (in stock battles), or just removes all damage you have taken (every other mode).
  • Whip - Does little damage, but a lot of knockback
These are just a few ideas for Zelda items. As you can probably tell, I haven't played all of the Zelda games yet, but I'm sure you probably have, so I'd love to hear some ideas from you!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
  • Stages from Smash 64
  • A satisfactory amount of new content from games older than 4 years
  • Trophies that aren't ripped models, or from games without 3D models
  • Custom music support
  • Direct console-to-Youtube conversion for replays, even though Mario Kart 8 has it
  • Voice chat outside of lobbies/waiting screens

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
BRILLIANT! YES! AGREE! 100%!

Let's just take a moment here and think about some very cool ideas for some :4zelda: Zelda :4link:items!

• Triforce - Could temporarily increase power or grant invulnerability (like the Star).
  • Lon Lon Milk - Removes 30% damage
  • Pieces of Heart - Basically, instead of just one Heart Container, make it like the Dragoon in SSBB - you have to collect 4 pieces before you can get it. The buff to this is that it literally gives you another stock (in stock battles), or just removes all damage you have taken (every other mode).
  • Whip - Does little damage, but a lot of knockback
These are just a few ideas for Zelda items. As you can probably tell, I haven't played all of the Zelda games yet, but I'm sure you probably have, so I'd love to hear some ideas from you!
are you... are you the king of sarcasm?

I can't tell, which makes me think you are even more

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Every character's victory theme is actually their victory theme or equivalent from their respective games.

Top Bottom