• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What secondary should I choose (Pika Main)

CrabsforBreakfast

Smash Rookie
NNID
PikaBagel
Think about playing competitive and participating in a local tournament, but I don't know who to pick as a secondary. I main pikachu because I love his move set and his play style. I saw a bunch of things saying Zero-Suit-Samus or Rosalina are good secondary's. But I hate Rosalina's play style. I also saw that Diddy-Kong is good against a lot of pikachu's bad matchups. But I'm still not sure what to pick.

XenoFalcon95

Smash Cadet
For what it's worth, I'd recommend actually sticking with pika for now. Focusing on playing one character really well can actually help you improve overall, especially if you're new-ish to going to tournaments. Pika does lose some matchups, but I think its better to focus your efforts for improvement on one character you really like. Hope I could help!

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
The way that I actually play matches is that I learn several different characters and try to counterpick my opponent's choice. I much more seriously main Luigi when I play Melee (which is often.)

CrabsforBreakfast

Smash Rookie
NNID
PikaBagel
I've been playing pikachu for a good year now, but only played with my friends. I just wanted to know who I might wanna train a little bit when I'm not training with Pikachu.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
If you want to develop universal character skill, you can play your main at a local club until you can read the other players, then you can try different characters to develop different spacing and techchase skills.

DeaDea

Smash Cadet
Pikachus bad and/or quite difficult matchups imo are:

Ness
Lucas
Mario
GnW
Mewtwo

I also struggle vs Corrin and sometimes Yoshi.

Cloud wins all those matchups (not sure about Corrin), is easy to play and doesnt struggle to kill like Pikachu can. Cloud is the best secondary imo!

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Choose Cloud. Everybody has a pocket Cloud, and you can too. He absolutely destroys all of these character except for Mewtwo and Corrin, both of which he still beats slightly.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
if you don't feel like bothering with cloud, marth can be a more obscure pick fewer people have mu experience against at the expense of having fewer inherent objective advantages

Top Bottom