• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What second Bandai-Namco rep do you want?

Who do you want?

• Agumon (Digimon)

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Klonoa (Klonoa)

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Votes: 41 20.8%
  • Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 18.8%

• Total voters

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Really can't express how much of a grudge I have against the Tales series in general, And, Not to **** on people who want the character in but I really do fear Lloyd's likeliness of happening... -_-

Then again I would have tolerated it if Namco were treating their other IPs properly instead of leaving them to rot or being lazy with them. (Again, Pac-Man has basically been degraded to mobile games and nostalgia pandering. GA didn't work because fans didn't want it like how Metroid fans didn't want Federation Force.)

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
\[T]/ Praise the Sun! Solaire for Smash!

Lloyd and KOS-MOS would be fine too.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Voted Other: Gotta go with Yoshimitsu. He represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur, he brings a flashy, stance change moveset, and somehow manages to be an incredibly silly character despite his (usually) ominous appearance.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Realistically? Heihachi.

Call me biased but I also want him the most anyway. He has a huge potential to bring a lot of new things to the tables like wavedashing (the original one that is), just frames, stances, strings, among other things. People think he's just a generic martial artist, but the same was said about Ryu too lol.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Heihachi easily and is the most likely candidate for Namco's 2nd rep!

Sakurai wanted him as a playable fighter for the previous Smash game as the 2nd Namco rep (likely to go alongside the already revealed Ryu and the Tekken vs Street Fighter craze that went on at the time), but couldn't figure out how to make his Tekken gameplay fit into Smash Bros-gameplay!

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Has to be KOS-MOS for me but that should be obvious to others here who know that I have supported her inclusion for years now. KOS-MOS makes a lot of sense to me because of her new relevance with a Xenoblade 2 cameo, and even getting T-ELOS as a blade as a thank you message for finishing Xenoblade 2. Perhaps she may not be as popular as Lloyd or Heihachi but I still believe she's likely to be in the game in some form. It could be assist trophy, or a playable character. My reasoning: Sakurai expressed how it would be difficult to implement Heihachi's moveset in smash 4 and KOS-MOS's moveset potential is much easier for Sakurai to commit to for smash. Before anyone jumps at me.... I'm not saying Heihachi has less chance than her because Heihachi is without a doubt more popular than her as a gaming icon. I just believe in smash that KOS-MOS can be an easier time for Sakurai, plus she's the kind of character I can see getting in as a gift to Takahashi as he expressed his love for Xenoblade 2. Of course, KOS-MOS was only in Project X Zone 2 at the time Sakurai finalized his plans and her Xenoblade 2 appearance was later. Maybe dlc is more likely for her but it all depends if we get a Namco rep in the base game. KOS-MOS has also been featured in a new artwork for the Xenoblade 2 expansion which means they still think she's popular and relevant.

I explain very well about why KOS-MOS makes sense at my official support thread if anyone is interested in reading: https://smashboards.com/threads/kos-mos-reactivates-into-battle-kos-mos-for-smash-switch.451936/

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Lloyd would be the best case scenario, Klonoa would be a good second-best choice, and Mrs. Pac-Man should have already been an alt costume last time, but there's licensing issues from what I've heard. Anybody else I really don't have anything to say about.
The only Tales I've played are Symphonia and Phantasia. I've only played Symphonia multiplayer at my friend's house years ago and had a lot of fun with it, and Phantasia I played after I was interested in learning more about the series. The combat system in Tales games (especially the 2D ones) feels like it would translate perfectly into a Smash character's moveset. The games straight up uses the same control pad direction + B button system that Smash uses for special attacks.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
This seems to be a highly underrated post. For what I'd love to have as Namco's second rep, it has to be someone from the Soul Series. The way they've been able to adapt the sword fighter and make every character unique with their own poses and styles is something that lights me up with absolute joy, especially with the likes of Yoshimitsu and Mitsurugi. I'm seriously shocked that Sakurai didn't pay any mind to Soul Calibur, though! I know that Tekken is the bigger boy, but you'd think that someone within either games would tickle his fancy enough that he considered making them into a playable fighter!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
If we have to have another Namco rep, then I'd want the Prince from Katamari Damacy. I want to see what Sakurai and his team could do with that crazy series.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I voted for Lloyd Irving I like the Tales Series and we dont have a two sword wielder in smash yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would say Mappy, but considering recent events that could be seen as insensitive.

anyway, Taizo Hori would be a cool fighter - and I'd love to see how he infla-I SAID NOTHING!

D

Deleted member

My top choice would be Chosen Undead/Solaire of Astora!
Taizo (Dig Dug), KOS-MOS, Yuri Lowell, Heihachi and Lloyd are cool choices as well.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I would say Mappy, but considering recent events that could be seen as insensitive.

anyway, Taizo Hori would be a cool fighter - and I'd love to see how he infla-I SAID NOTHING!
Cool, if Bandai-Namco did go with a second retro Namco rep, Taizo would probably be the obvious choice. :)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I want either Kikuchi Makoto or Shijou Takane from Idolmaster for the second rep. Other than I like those two a lot, I am curious on how Idolmaster would work in Smash.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Based on this poll, I think my number one pick would be Nightmare. He would be a superheavy swordsman with great frame data, power, speed, and overall would make the likes of Cloud, Ike, and Shulk eat their hearts out with his Soul Edge. Nightmare is a humorous case of being both a pub stomper and a competitively viable character in most Soul Calibur games, which I'm sure would make him highly played. Of course with this in mind, there is a good chance of a character like Nightmare being considered overpowered if kept faithful to how he plays in the games, so there could be some balancing issues. I just find him to be a fun character in his own series, and hopefully it could translate well to Super Smash Bros.

Other than that, Heihachi is a very clear pick. He almost made it into Smash 4, but Sakurai had issues translating his fighting style from Tekken to Smash Bros. I've always been a fan of Heihachi, and like Nightmare I think we could also benefit from more villainous characters in the game. Heihachi seems like one of the more realistic choices for DLC as well, and man would I love a Tekken stage and music in Smash Bros. But like with Nightmare, Heihachi's game series does use a lot of combo inputs to achieve maximum effectiveness, and if done faithfully could be either too difficult for most players to use, or overpowered. Still, Heihachi's always been a favorite of mine, and I would be ecstatic to see him in the game.

Besides that, Lloyd Irving from the Tales games would be cool so we finally get a dual-wielding swordsman, which I think would be unique to a fighter's style in Smash Bros. Agumon isn't a bad pick either, although to make him faithful, digivolution would be a must. It would have to charge up like Cloud's Limit I'd imagine, although there's also taking into consideration adding Greymon, MetalGreymon, and WarGreymon as upgradable forms to achieve. If the digivolution mechanic is too complex and impractical to implement, then I'd just go with Omnimon, who would have a good mixture of a sword and projectile style of play. Digimon is a tricky case for me since I am a fan of the series, but making it faithful in Super Smash Bros would take a lot of work to pull off right. Also if Agumon ends up seeming too similar to Charizard, then a different Digimon could be chosen to represent the series, which I wouldn't mind either.

D

Deleted member

I'd really like a character whose whole deal is taking different moves from old Namco arcade games and making an entire moveset out of it. I know Pac-Man already does to a much smaller extent (only two moves + taunts), but I think their arcade library is expansive enough to make something truly unique out of.
I would choose either Dig Dug or Mappy for that role.
Speaking more realistically though, I'd like Yuri from Tales of Vesperia.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon or Klonoa are my choices.
Agumon for all the reasons i tell everyone.

But if not him, i really think Klonoa is a great character with the "Face of Smash"

Agumon is my dream character, part of a franchise that i love so much.
To see him face against Pokémon characters would be a dream come true for me.

So...

1 - Agumon
2 - Klonoa

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bumping since I feel a Bamco Rep should happen next before Capcom/Sega/Konami Rep #4 or even Square-Enix Rep #3. They ARE helping develop the game and they’re still stuck at one character post-Hero so it’s only fair they get another.

As of late I’m really gunning for KOS-MOS especially with the rumor of a Xenosaga HD Collection for PS4/PC/Switch, so I’m changing my vote to her. Maybe with even a T-elos Echo as individual DLC? It could help promote Xenosaga HD Collection if true.

(Ps. There’s a link to a T-elos support thread in my sig //shamelesspromo)

Top Bottom