• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What second Bandai-Namco rep do you want?

Who do you want?

• Agumon (Digimon)

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Klonoa (Klonoa)

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Votes: 41 20.8%
  • Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 18.8%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Based on the trend of each Third Party company getting a second rep (Echos not being included). Namco has yet so far not gotten one which leads to the question? Which of these Namco characters do you want the most and way?

Personally I'd be down for either Agumon or Nightmare. Agumon on one hand finally having Pokemon vs. Digimon happen for the first time in the game and getting some renegotiation. Then Nightmare on the other hand while yet another swordfighter is rather unique and different so he'd be rather interesting to see play out. Him also appear could be good way to commemorate the new upcoming Soul Calibur game.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Other: Chosen Undead from Dark Souls (wearing the Elite Knight Armor from the cover) with Solaire as an AT and a stage set around a bonfire that warps through multiple zones, from Firelink to Undead Berg, Anor Londo, etc.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know what started it, but when I was a kid, back when I first had access to the internet, I would gather pictures of characters I liked purely from an aesthetic standpoint. One of them that I kept going back to was KOS-MOS. I have never played Xenosaga, but I have always been fascinated by her and her design. To see her cameo in Xenoblade 2 made my middle school self jump for joy. I would be blown away if she showed up in Smash!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I voted other, Taizo Hori would be really cool even though he doesn't stand a chance. I'd also lowkey love Bravoman.

My favorite outta the bunch up there is Klonoa, then Lloyd Irving. Only one I really don't want is Heihachi

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
The Green Power Ranger. /s

Nightmare should get some love. He had a crossover with Link in Soul Calibur II and he's got a unique design from the rest of the cast. Agumon would be great too, mostly because of how much I want Pokemon x Digimon to become a reality.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lloyd, though KOS-MOS and Heihachi come close

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd, no doubt. Far more interesting than Heihachi, tremendously successful IP, already had a Mii costume, most of his moveset is in the game (thus making him easy to implement), and the Tales developer that is working on Ultimate said that he's pushing for a Tales representative.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I feel like Lloyd is the one to expect, but I really don't know anything at all about Tales, so I want Agumon.

Namco... doesn't really have the best lot of characters to choose from, huh.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Klonoa is just a super awesome game I played when I was younger, and I would love to see him show up in Smash. So he gets my vote out of those. I'd also really love to see a Dig Dug inspired character if possible.

That said, I expect Lloyd Irving to win this, and if he got in the game I'd be perfectly happy. A dual sword wielder is really cool, and people have sold me on his potential over the years. Plus, and arguably more importantly, he would just make so many people happy, and I'm all about that when it comes to Smash. Given some of my most requested have made it in to Smash, I want to see other gets their happiness as well.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Klonoa
But is also like Nightmare,KOS-MOS,Yoshimitsu,Dampierre,
Lloyd Irving,Eugene Gallardo,Stahn,Barbatos,Senel Coolidge, Dhaos, Shing Meteroryte,Kunzite,Yuri Lowell(Tales)

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I voted Nightmare but I also wouldn't mind bopping Bayonetta as Patches

Edit: changed my vote to other to properly rep the boy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering Monolith's status as a 2nd party to Nintendo I have to wonder if Namco are actually the ones who own KOS-MOS. But she's on the poll anyway so not much point in debating it.

For me, I'm undecided between KOS-MOS and Lloyd Irving. So I'm going to vote "other" to give Yuri Lowell some mention.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Considering Monolith's status as a 2nd party to Nintendo I have to wonder if Namco are actually the ones who own KOS-MOS. But she's on the poll anyway so not much point in debating it.
Namco does have the rights to Xenosaga if I remember correctly.

D

Deleted member

Namco does have the rights to Xenosaga if I remember correctly.
So Nintendo and Monolith had to work with Namco to get the rights for KOS-MOS and T-Elos having cameos in Xenoblade 2? Huh.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Voted Other for Rondoline from Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon NX. She's never been on a Nintendo system, though, so if she doesn't count, I guess I pick Klonoa. I think the rep that makes the most sense is Yoshimitsu, but his self-impalement doesn't really fit in Smash (or does it, now that Ridley impales people? He could also reveal that he only stuck his sword between his body and arm after performing the move, but that's kind of bastardizing the character.). If fitting in Smash really didn't matter, I would pick Ivy Valentine. I love her whipsword moves.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Of the ones listed, I'll go with Heihachi. Would he be based on the older or the younger look? I'm not familiar with the series to know which appearance was used more. Agumon would be as grand as Mario vs. Sonic.

Off list, I would go with Taizo Hori from Dig Dug. I'm also toying with the idea of Mametchi who was in one of the arcade Mario Karts.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I'd go with Klonoa or Agumon or both because I like both series and Klonoa would fit in perfectly with Pacman and I like digimon in general, I also prefer King over Heihachi to be the tekken rep because King is one of my favorite characters from Tekken.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
I would want either Lloyd Irving, Heihachi Mishima, or Nightmare (Though Siegfried is also a good option.)

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
Ehh, I'll be the oddball here and say Gil from The Tower of Druaga arcade game. He seems like a really fun left-field character that no one would see coming. He also has his history as an arcade icon (in Japan at least). The only problem I see is that it might be difficult to develop a creative moveset for him (not to mention how people hate the notion of new swordfighters now...), but I think Sakurai could do something zany with him.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm a huge Digimon fan but I dunno how you make Agumon not boring in Smash.

Lloyd would be a good choice, Tales is a series with a lot of history and he's the favorite for Nintendo fans.

Capcom easily wins for best third party options though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lloyd without a doubt. I think he will be a good fit for Smash, especially since he's a dual sword wielder, making him different from the other swordfighters in the game.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Lloyd, no doubt. Far more interesting than Heihachi, tremendously successful IP, already had a Mii costume, most of his moveset is in the game (thus making him easy to implement), and the Tales developer that is working on Ultimate said that he's pushing for a Tales representative.
Source?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Absolutely Agumon. Digimon is the only other widley known IP of the list included in the poll, the other ones are honestly, niche (yes, even Tales Of). But Digimon could also bring along with it Tamagotchi, which is of course the far more iconic and widely known IP, but both it and Digimon share DNA, and I'm sure if Digimon is in as a fighter, we'd either get a Tamagotchi stage or an Assist Trophy (Mametchi, probably).

Agumon of course would be an excellent fighter that can utilize digivolution for his active moveset, digivolving throughout the battle (something I would've loved to see used for a Pokemon, to evolve throughout a fight for its gameplay gimmick, but it honestly works better for Digimon, since they can reset their digivolution stages back to their Rookie forms). And what's great about the rivalry Digimon has with Pokemon, both Agumon and Greymon can act as individual rivals to both Pikachu and Charizard. It'd be perfect!

The only issue is that Digimon is nowhere near the big name it was during the late 90s/early 00s. But, it's still active, still popular enough. I doubt it'd happen ever, but it'd be great to see happen.

Actually, scratch all of the above, the second rep I want is Ms. Pac-Man.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
https://nintendoeverything.com/yoshizumi-on-including-tales-characters-in-next-smash-bros-more/
Yo****o Higuchi was the director in charge of Tales of Symphonia, Lloyd's debut game.

Absolutely Agumon. Digimon is the only other widley known IP of the list included in the poll, the other ones are honestly, niche (yes, even Tales Of).
I hope you realize that Tales has seen far more game sales than Digimon (not a surprise given that Digimon games barely average a quarter million sales per game). Tales has sold over 25 million units in mothership titles alone, it's the third biggest traditional JRPG behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, has just as many mangas as Digimon and only one less anime, was considered for a ride at Universal Studios Japan alongside Sailor Moon, Final Fantasy, and Detective Conan (Digimon wasn't), and has an annual multi-day festival dedicated to it that's hosted in stadiums and sees over twenty thousand visitors every year. Tales games have been some of the most best selling titles on various consoles, and Tales is without a doubt one of the most high profile franchises in its genre. Lloyd's game alone has sold more copies than a quarter of the Digimon games have combined. You're definitely underestimating Tales here.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Don chan

He's fully Namco owned, he seems to be the third or second guy in line when it comes to Nintendo crossovers, highly relavent, super popular in the Asia region, has a recent game properly coming in America for the first time ever nearing Smash Ultimate's time, cameos in Smash 4's Base game and was not seen so far on the Namco Roulette ( anyone who has a best buy nearby, can anyone spam the namco roulette if possible? )

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Klonoa. He hasn't been totally abandoned since a movie is being planned, and he would fit right in amongst the other Smash mascots.

If not, I'd like for Ms. Pac-Man to be in, given that she's among the first lady heroines of gaming AND the earliest known case I can think of for an American-created character being integrated into a Japanese franchise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If not, I'd like for Ms. Pac-Man to be in, given that she's among the first lady heroines of gaming AND the earliest known case I can think of for an American-created character being integrated into a Japanese franchise.
Chances are Ms. Pac-Man would likely be an Echo to Pac-Man. This is more for a unique newcomer.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For people looking at Digimon game sales, do remember that a ton of games were of really bad quality/having severely difficult mechanics to work with. Tales of is more popular video game-wise because it's actually designed better overall. Even the fairly mediocre Tales of Symphonia 2.

Digimon is still more iconic overall and far bigger as a literal series. It has tons of merchandise, manga, anime, etc. I don't know if it necessarily would outsell the Tales of series, though. A lot of the shows are so merchandise-driven that a lot of things can't happen due to this factor. For instance, Digimon Frontier only got upgrades past the "first two transformations" for two characters due to the toys being easier to sell. And the toys didn't sell that great even then. Digimon Xros Wars was one of the worst sales toys-wise too. The series is still not niche and quite iconic, regardless. It's just not as popular as it used to be(and being there's no defining game overall that was truly best to players, instead of many games that are arguably good depending the era of the fan), this makes some sense.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Mine pick is definitely KOS-MOS, though Heihachi would probably be the most likely choice. I first discovered Xenosaga after researching the company whom made Baten Kaitos--and eversince, I've been obsessed with the series. Sadly, though, I've never had the chance to play Xenosaga.

If we did get a Soul Calibur character, I'd want it to be Tira, since she would wield a totally unique weapon. Although, I don't know if Tira has appeared on a Nintendo console or not.

Top Bottom