• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What SBR Members Think of Metaknight (DL UP!)

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Sounds exiting

****, I really need to get me some new USB Headphones or take the stuck headphone jack outta my laptop, I need some good video shiz!

BentoBox

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind writing up a transcript, except that I won't have time sunday to do it as I have 2 midterms monday to study for. I could do it if nobody mans up by tuesday xD.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think someone will write up a transcript eventually. Let's not forget that this podcast will be downloadable and will be listened to over and over.

I mean, I won't be the one to write it because I'm just too lazy, but someone wil surely meet this challenge.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind writing up a transcript, except that I won't have time sunday to do it as I have 2 midterms monday to study for. I could do it if nobody mans up by tuesday xD.
There's a chance I might do it, depends on if I'm busy or not. If I can watch the debate, I'll probably write it up. Shouldn't take long, I type fast :)

good luck on midterms, I just finished them today, they suck

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm sure we can write up a brief summary of the debate to post here in the first post of the thread, but a transcript is COMPLETELY out of the question...

...considering this will probably be at least an hour long.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
This should be pretty interesting, but 8PM EST? I'm not sure what time that is here, probably something stupidly early in the morning XD

For those that miss the podcast will there be a podcast highlights of sorts, where interesting parts of it are posted here?
Edit: Never mind, someone above answered the question.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
30 minutes and you guys think it's out of the question? Hey, give to me and I'll transcribe it. It'd only take two hours or so.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
1550, but I have only played one tournament in the past year (my rating went up 80 points then). So I may be underrated.
Cool cool. That's not too bad. I gained 72 points in February from the Minnesota Open(I dropped my queen for 3 pawns on move 12 and still won, against a 1927!), peaked at 1700 in May, but sucked in the next few tournaments during the summer and stopped playing since, so now it's at 1679 :/

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kiraki is one of the highest rated Chess players on Smashboards at around 1800-1900.
Him, me, and two other guys from our high school (one rated around 2100, the other about 1800, I'm only like 1500) won the Maryland state chess championship.
We are total nerds.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I used to play Chess religiously. I played all kinds of people and even joined a fairly large Chess Club in high school where I was the 2nd best, next to this one Chess tactical genius. >_>
I would spend a lot of my days figuring out quick-win strategies and counters to other strategies, etc. Alas, I haven't played Chess in quite some time. I long for the game of Chess.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
i cant belive how scared u guys are of meta-knight. its kinda pathetic how u guys go though so much trouble to even ban him. personally i like meta knight. i wouldnt mind taking 1 down either. i hear ppl complain about how cheap he is or how meta users do the same thing. its just an excuse. if he's doing the same thing u should be able to pick up a strategy by now. if you cant u might as well not call urself a brawler anymore.

im done explaining. go ahead and quote what i just said, u might as well put in a smart comment for all those immature users out there...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Smart response: Can you prove otherwise? There is alot of evidence dictating that MK is not only the best character, but also a character that causes issues with the cp system and also is a character that dominates to a greater degree than the characters in melee or any other fighting game. In melee, you had 4, in brawl, you have only one. Thats not too good.
In melee there were also exploitable weaknesses that each character had, Metaknight has none.
Enough with the, lol u sk tatz y u cmplan! its been proven untrue a million times.

Stupid response: kthxbai

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
melee wasnt just 4.

there was marth,fox,falco,shiek,peach,jiggs,falcon,ice climbers ?

memphis_chains

Smash Apprentice
is that "future of the metagame" point you are going to discuss going to be about hacking? because you should definantly also talk about that. its dumb.

idk if someone already brought it up, but i wasn't up for reading up till now.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In Melee over half the 100+ man tournaments featured Marth in the finals and over 2/3rds had him in the top 3.

Other characters winning over Marth...more an exception than the rule. Marth has about 5-10X the number of national tournament wins as the next closest competitor.

Just because "Marth has counters" in theory (or maybe even in reality) doesn't change how dominant he was...results are where it counts.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Melee had a lot of characters that could win, hell even bottom teirs got in there and owned from time to time. Thing is, Melee had less characters and more characters that were actually capable of winning a tournanent. Brawl has more characters to choose from and less characters that win and that's really bad. MK is the most used, most successfull out of every character because he:

A. Has no bad match up's.

B. No counterpicks against him.

C. No vital weaknesses found or ways to beating him.

D. Pretty much had auto L-Cancel built into him. (No areial lag)

E. Outprioritizes freakin everyone.

All this and more against him is all the more reason to ban. He's running the tourney scene and he's the user of most people who get 1st place at anything important too.

For those of you that want to try to be cool and be like "Oh, nope. No problem at all with that scrub lulz!!!", you need to check yourself. I don't know about you guys but if this crap keeps up I'm only playing Brawl+ (Brawl 2.0 as some of you might know, the hacked/alternative Brawl regulations) where things are a hell of a lot more balanced. It's so balanced MK is actually being debated to be moved down to high teir.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Melee had a lot of characters that could win, hell even bottom teirs got in there and owned from time to time. Thing is, Melee had less characters and more characters that were actually capable of winning a tournanent. Brawl has more characters to choose from and less characters that win and that's really bad. MK is the most used, most successfull out of every character because he:

A. Has no bad match up's.

B. No counterpicks against him.

C. No vital weaknesses found or ways to beating him.

D. Pretty much had auto L-Cancel built into him. (No areial lag)

E. Outprioritizes freakin everyone.

All this and more against him is all the more reason to ban. He's running the tourney scene and he's the user of most people who get 1st place at anything important too.

For those of you that want to try to be cool and be like "Oh, nope. No problem at all with that scrub lulz!!!", you need to check yourself. I don't know about you guys but if this crap keeps up I'm only playing Brawl+ (Brawl 2.0 as some of you might know, the hacked/alternative Brawl regulations) where things are a hell of a lot more balanced. It's so balanced MK is actually being debated to be moved down to high teir.
Oh yeah, if MK is worse in it it must be balanced! /sarcasm

A. Snake says hi.

B. Sounds like you were making the same point twice, but assuming you're not, Yoshi's Island (Melee) and Corneria are great CPs against MK.

C. He's light. KOing him off the top is easier than it is against most characters.

D. Doesn't really make sense....

E. Pretty sure Snake says hi again.

melee wasnt just 4.

there was marth,fox,falco,shiek,peach,jiggs,falcon,ice climbers ?
Pretty sure Peach, Jiggs, Falcon, and Ice Climbers were rarely in final matches.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
No reason to be a ****. For B I was speaking of stages and for D, how does no areial lag make no sense to you?

And as for Snake, he has the best chance against him besides another MK, Snake doesn't **** him. :/

Deoxys

Smash Lord
No reason to be a ****. For B I was speaking of stages and for D, how does no areial lag make no sense to you?

And as for Snake, he has the best chance against him besides another MK, Snake doesn't **** him. :/
Well, I guess the disagreement on the Snake/MK matchup is a big part of why the debate hasn't been settled. No aerial lag makes sense, but auto l-cancel "built-in" doesn't make sense because I can't just stop my Fair or Bair without landing. Sorry if I came off as a ****.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well, I guess the disagreement on the Snake/MK matchup is a big part of why the debate hasn't been settled. No aerial lag makes sense, but auto l-cancel "built-in" doesn't make sense because I can't just stop my Fair or Bair without landing. Sorry if I came off as a ****.
It's alright. I was trying to say by the auto L cancel was that MK has no slowness after coming down from using an areial and it's compareable to l canceling. Auto comes from not having to press L or R to do it. :p

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh yeah, if MK is worse in it it must be balanced! /sarcasm

A. Snake says hi.

B. Sounds like you were making the same point twice, but assuming you're not, Yoshi's Island (Melee) and Corneria are great CPs against MK.

C. He's light. KOing him off the top is easier than it is against most characters.

D. Doesn't really make sense....

E. Pretty sure Snake says hi again.

Pretty sure Peach, Jiggs, Falcon, and Ice Climbers were rarely in final matches.
A. Snake is an easy match up to learn for MK.

B. Corneria is alright against MK, Yoshi's Island melee works best.

C. Sure you can kill him. But he can kill you faster.

D. He is just saying that MK has almost no aerial lag, which is true.

E. Snake doesn't match priority. The explosions have on priority, it is just built in that the hit box can't be canceled out.(You could claim it has all mighty priority.) But, other than that.... not that much priority vs MK.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Who wants to volunteer to type up a transcript of probably a half hour conversation?

Yea...didn't think so.
I'll see if i can manage it.

I just need a copy of the debate. I can type it on monday.

EDIT: Woops, sorry about the double post.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
MK isn't winning all of the <100 man tournies is he?

btw im pro ban
No, but he's still pretty dominating in those.
He makes top 8 like, all the time.
He makes top 4 most of the time, sometimes with more than 1 spot in there.
He wins like, 50% of the tournies, that's pretty dominating. Okay, actually like 4x%, but yeah, basic point.

http://theviashino.com/ssbb/tournaments2.txt

Top Bottom