• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokémon would you add to Ultimate?

pixlyJolt

Smash Rookie
What Pokémon would you like to have seen as a Pokeball Mon, what Pokémon from SwSh would you have added to Ultimate/the next Smash game?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fighter: Zacian/Zamazenta (Gen 8 rep), Rayqauza (Gen 3 rep), Haxorus (Gen 5 rep)
Pokeball: Sirfetch'd, Wooloo, Scorbunny, Drizzle, Rillaboom
Boss: Eternatus

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Fighter: Lugia, a new grass type (Sceptile or Decidueye) and a Sword/Shield Rep (Frosmoth would be a good choice)
Pokeball: Zebstrika, Tyrantrum, Cramorant, Tyrannitar and Nidoking
Returning for Pokeball: :155::015::110:
Boss: Giratina

That is all for now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Darkrai as a fighter.

Darkrai is my favourite Pokémon.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Character: Zacian or Zamazenta
Pokeball:
  • Toxtricity - functions similarly to Barbara the Bat
  • Yamper - brings nearby items to you.
  • Obstagoon - protects itself and deals a whopping 20% damage and high knockback to anyone who hits it.
  • Cramorant - launches high speed projectiles that deal high knockback.
  • Snom - slowly crawls across the stage. Freezes anyone who comes in contact.
  • Wooloo - rolls around the stage, dealing small knockback to anyone it rushes in to.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Assuming we're not counting de-confirmations, Fighter: Rillaboom. A heavyweight that could have interesting drum mechanics. You can already build off DK for the character.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Shuckle. Has a permanently-activated Monado Shield and the ability to set entry hazards, but recovery options are worse than Mac's. Use in team battles.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I honestly believe that they should have at least 1 rep per region. Kanto really doesn't need 6 as Johto just has a clone fighter and Hoenne, Unova and Galar have nothing for fighters. Galar is understandable as it's so new and the most we'd probably get is a DLC fighter.

If I had to remake the Pokemon fighter line up I'd choose

Kanto: Pikachu
Johto: Scizor
Hoenne: Gardevior
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Krookidile
Kalos: Greninja
Alola: Incineroar
Galar: Sir Fetch'd

Echo Fighters
Pichu (Pikachu)
Blaziken (Incineroar)
Hatterene (Gardevior)
Zeraora (Lucario)

Gengar can be a bonus unlockable character if possible

D

Deleted member

Gengar because I have a friend who is a huge hardcore Pokémon fan and his favourite Pokémon is basically Gengar.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
My remake of the list, a bit of favouritism, but whatever.

Pikachu
Pichu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Incineroar

Now for the newcomers:

Blaziken
Sirfetch'd
Gengar
Decidueye
Parasect
Chandelure
Haxorus
Toxtricity
Eiscue
Dracovish
Mimikyu

As a boss: Gigantamax Meowth

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Playable: Meowth, no contest. :052: Would have villain alts + Alolan and a Galarian alt. Not sure about a Perrserker alt or not.

Eevee would be next in line for me, and other choices I'd consider after would be among: Gardevoir, Gengar, Blaziken, Decidueye, Rillaboom, Mimikyu, Scizor an Unova Pokemon (Zoroark, Meloetta, Genesect ect), another Pokemon Trainer type character ect

Pokeballs:
Dunsparce or Diglett: Digs undeground and pops back up.
Magikarp: Replaces Goldeen.
Sirfetch'd: Slashes with its sword (Maybe also consider as playable among all the other third priority ones)
Corviknight: Let's you fly on it
Wooloo: Rolls accross the stage

Last edited:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Playable Characters: Sceptile, Zoroark, Sirfetch'd

Pokeballs: Golem, rolls across the stage as an obstacle.
Sneasle, could do three slashes that each leave a patch of ice and leads to slipping.
Blaziken, does falcon kick three times and does one sky uppercut.
Garchomp, could use maybe dragon rush and target the fighter in first place.
Bisharp, uses sucker punch on the next character to attack, can be stalled out though.
Diggersby, does what that one annoying bird does, i dunno it's name but you know the assist trophy.
Salazzle, melts a part of the stage and stays becomes an empty space for 40 seconds.
Drednaw, does what Scizor does except slower and on the ground.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
I could see Blaziken getting in as an echo of Captain Falcon or Lucario.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fighters I'd love: Gengar, Raichu (Kanto), Gardevoir, Zorua, a Gen 8 'mon (perhaps Sirfetch'd), Meowth (Team Rocket), Mimikyu, Eevee, Magikarp

Pokéballs: Magikarp (if not a fighter; would be like Goldeen, but if it takes some damage, it will evolve into Gyarados and go on a rampage), the Regis (idk what they'd do), Gastly or Haunter (will disappear and pop up in front of opponents, freezing them for a moment (scares them), licks them, then uses shadow ball (or maybe shadow claw if Haunter)), Duskull (uses different ghost-type attacks like shadow ball on opponents, then pursues one and deals a lot of damage to them), Altaria (flies up and uses Draco Meteor), and Diglett, Dugtrio, or Gible (just uses dig on opponents; if Gible, it could move around for a bit very quickly, hurting anyone who gets in the way of its head fin poking out of the ground before it digs back up).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would definitely add either:

Meowth :052: or Team Rocket :052::023::109: or Team Rocket :052::024::110:

I don’t care which one... just let me play as Meowth in an official Smash game.

Alolan Meowth and Galarian Meowth could be Meowth’s alts. Gigantamax Meowth could be Meowth’s Final Smash.

Perrserker could replace Pokéball Meowth so Meowth could be a playable fighter.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I've always wanted to see Arcanine as a summon. I imagine him racing around the stage with Extremespeed and biting enemies with Fire Fang.

:059:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
To be honest, a Pokemon that runs on 4 legs instead of 2. We need more 4 leggers in smash.
I'd go for Umbreon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be honest, a Pokemon that runs on 4 legs instead of 2. We need more 4 leggers in smash.
I'd go for Umbreon.
I would love to see more quadrupedal fighters. :ivysaur::4duckhunt:

I kinda like the idea of playing as Eevee or one of the Eeveelutions. :133:

Also, the idea of playing as a limbless fighter intrigues me... that's part of the reason why I support Team Rocket. :052::023::109:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I would love to see more quadrupedal fighters. :ivysaur::4duckhunt:

I kinda like the idea of playing as Eevee or one of the Eeveelutions. :133:

Also, the idea of playing as a limbless fighter intrigues me... that's part of the reason why I support Team Rocket. :052::023::109:
On the topic of that, Meowth could switch between quadruped and bipedal, similar to Pikachu and Pichu.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'd go for Umbreon.
Agree! More quadrupeds for Smash. (Poochy from Yoshi would be cool to play as in Smash.)

Last edited:

pixlyJolt

Smash Rookie
Fighter: Zacian/Zamazenta (Gen 8 rep), Rayqauza (Gen 3 rep), Haxorus (Gen 5 rep)
Pokeball: Sirfetch'd, Wooloo, Scorbunny, Drizzle, Rillaboom
I honestly think the box art mom would just end up being the item mon like Solgaleo & Lunala, or a stage hazard like the other box art mon, like Yin-Yan or Creation Duo (Reshi/Zekro & Dialga/Pal)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I honestly think the box art mom would just end up being the item mon like Solgaleo & Lunala, or a stage hazard like the other box art mon, like Yin-Yan or Creation Duo (Reshi/Zekro & Dialga/Pal)
I don't mind, no hard feelings. ^-^
(Eternatus would be awesome to fight as a boss in Smash.)

Last edited:

pixlyJolt

Smash Rookie
What Pokémon would you like to have seen as a Pokeball Mon, what Pokémon from SwSh would you have added to Ultimate/the next Smash game?
Ok, I'm not going to lie, I'm happy Scizor has been coming back all these years...even though I've been born after the G3 games & have had no real relation to them, first a mega evolution, then Pokken DX representative, & now Smash Pokeball, or a to my memory he's been brought back or so. So, for my list:

Fighter: Scizor, Lopunny, Jolteon as quardruped fighter, & for DLC or something, a new PKM trainer, preferably Johto because it's the sequel gen, which could feature the other halves of trainers you could choose from, like one of them being the rival, like Blue or Silver.

Pokeball: New starter, (wip)

Boss: UNecrozma, aka the Pokémon version of Galeem, being the main villain & all, Arceus

Also, this is unrelated to Smash, but I'll be in my corner, waiting patiently for my Johto re-remake.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Garchomp.

He's my favorite pokemon and Pokken proved he coule have a badass moveset.

D

Deleted member

Well, since I love the Scorbunny...I would add Cinderace as a fighter.

Sayonara :kirby:

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Fighters:
Marill instead of Pichu
Blaziken or Gardevoir to represent the gen 3
The original Dragon, Oshawott or N to represent the gen 5
Hawlucha instead of Greninja
Decidueye instead of Incineroar
Inteleon or Cinderace to represent gen 8

Pokeball:
Toxtricity
Yamper
Melmetal
Zacian/Zamazenta
Gigantamax Charizard
Darumacho Zen Mode/Galarian Darumacho Zen Mode
Arctozolt
Corvisquire or Corviknight
Coalossal
Milcery/Alcremie
Falinks
Dragapult

Boss:
Lusamine Ultra form
Different Gigantamax forms for the Wild Area stage

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Honnestly, if I could choose: none. I think there is already more than enough Pokémon.

If I had to add one, I would say Raichu, as a slower, more powerful Pikachu. It bothers me a bit that the family is not complete (yes, there is an Alolan Raichu in the pokéball), and as a semi-clone it would not take much development time.

But I'm an old first gen trainer...

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like Lycanroc (all three forms each with a different attack), Primarina, and Noivern. All as summons.

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I'd prefer some older pokemon, magikarp, meowth and sylveon

FatFry

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see something like Toxicroak or Primeape, maybe Machamp.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
There's a lot more to Pokemon than just the generation they debuted in.
I'd rather have a Pokemon who's remained consistently recurring and relevant even during other gens to the point they feel like a character, than a Pokemon purely intended for marketing a new game personally. Part why Pokemon Trainer was such a genius addition in Brawl, albeit taxing to add.
Keep in mind I'm all for other Mons who debuted from other gens (my fav one is from 3), but I'll always value what the Mons have accomplished or who they are themselves before looking at their debut gen.

Last edited:

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I would say a Gen 3 or Gen 5 Pokemon and one that is recognized beyond the generation it’s from such as Sceptile, Gardevoir, Deoxys, Zoroark, or Mienshao.

Top Bottom