• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokémon do you Wish had Mega Evolutions?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Replace Shell Armor with Contrary and you can take all my money.

:094:
Considering how low Shuckle's HP is, it's probably better if its ability can negate critical hits. Don't forget that it does have access to Power Trick, and combined with Trick Room, it becomes a big threat against anyone who lacks an increased priority physical attack. And in Mega Shuckle's case, having its typing be Bug/Steel means that it only really has to watch out for Fire-type attacks, AND it can properly take advantage of Gyro Ball as well.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Bisharp (It's an awesome pkmn)
Togekiss (Make it look like a Seraph, keep the Fairy/Flying, give it tanky stats, and an ability like Cloud Nine or Serene Grace)
Porygon-Z (Make it look Pixely and 8-bitish, give it a Psychic-Bug type, and an ability called "Electric Soldier," which gives a chance of making a pokemon paralyzed and confused if it uses a contact move on Mega Porygon-Z. Overpowered + In Bad Taste = Best Troll Pkmn)
Mothim (to make it suck less)
All Starters (for consistency)
Arceus (to displace Mewthree and Mega-Rayquaza as most powerful pkmn)
Dialga, Palkia and Giratina (but call them something that isn't "Primal," so as not to make Mystery Dungeon Players cry their eyes out)
Hydreigon (Yay, Nightmare Fuel! :D)

I also want a game where Team Cipher invades Poketopia from Battle Revolution with Primal Dialga at their command.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
  • Give all starter Pokémon a Mega Evolution before all else.
  • Raichu? I don't think this would happen, but hey.
  • Arceus. It would look amazing, and with Plates, its type could change.
  • Palkia, Dialga, Giritina. Not so much Megas, but like how Kyogre and Groudon had Primal forms. Eternal forms, maybe?
  • Darkrai?... but Cresellia would have to be given one if that were to happen.
  • Zangoose would be alright.
  • Definitely Flygon.
  • Dragonite too.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Eventually every fully-evolved Pokémon will have at least one mega evolution, so I am not "worried". That said, I hope Butterfree gets its mega sooner than later.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
If Megas could get an HP boost, imagine Mega Shuckle with an extra 100 base HP and an ability akin to Multiscale (Contrary is still fun though) >w>

But seriously where is Mega Farfetch'd or Marowak

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Megas could get an HP boost, imagine Mega Shuckle with an extra 100 base HP and an ability akin to Multiscale (Contrary is still fun though) >w>

But seriously where is Mega Farfetch'd or Marowak
I did make a Mega Farfetch'd input over a year ago.

I did have one input for that...

Mega Farfetch'd
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Huge Power
HP: 52
Attack: 95
Defense: 75
SP ATK: 58
SP DEF: 72
Speed: 100
Total: 452

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
(I'm not sure if bumping an almost three month old thread is bad, so if it is, apologies)

Looking around the internet, searching for an old piece of artwork of a Mega Clefable. I found it and a few other things, so I figured I would share my thoughts on how they could work. Let me know what you think.
Personally, I don't think Clefable even needs a Mega Evolution, but if it looked like this, I would gladly welcome her with open arms, as this design has a neck and head, which in my opinion I feel is a design flaw with Clefable. Never really liked the Head-to-Neck designs. Anyways through mega evolution, Clefable remains a Fairy-Type, and gains Pixilate, which means she can now gain access to STAB Hyper Voice. Her lighter features tell me she would be much, much faster, but have a light boost to both Attack and Sp.Attack. Unnecessary attack boost is actually a tiny nerf against Mega Clefable for anyone who uses Foul Play against Mega Clefable would deal more damage then before. I imagine this Mega Clefable could become one of the best special sweepers in the game.
I like the idea of the lava veins he's got going on, and it gave me the idea of Golem being a Rock/Fire type. We're talking a Pokemon who already has a four times weakness to Water now losing his original Earthquake STAB. In an exchange, he gains Rock Head, and through leveling can obtain Head Smash and Flare Blitz. This opens up a whole new ballpark as Golen becomes a serious threat with two very powerful STABs with no concern of recoil. For stat boosts, he would obtain two small boosts in Sp. Def and speed, along with a boost to his Attack, but a small drop to his Defense. The defense swaps are a result of his visual loss of armor. Rock Polish gains a new use, while the large buff to Attack makes earthquake hit hard even when not a STAB.
When I came across this beauty, I had an ignited desire to see a Mega Ambipom. This is a very beast design. Through mega evolution, Ambipom would become a Normal/Dark type, meaning while it gets a four times weakness to Fighting, it gets STAB Sucker Punch and another pure resistance, in psychic. For stat changes it gets two great boosts in Attack and Speed and a small boost in Defense, but a cut in Sp.Attack, rendering it completely useless.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
1. Raichu - Electric/Fairy would be cool. Give it a huge speed and special attack boost and moxie but for special attack. I doubt this'll happen but I can dream.

2. Arceus - could have a special move like Rayquaza so it still can hold a plate along with its Mega Evolution. Would be broke as heck but it feels wrong for a being to be stronger than its creator.

3. Flygon - PERSONALLY, I think steel/dragon could easily fit a Mega Flygon but I don't really mind what they do as long as they just give him a mega. And please make him better at SOMETHING than Garchomp.

4. All other Starters - Nothing to say really. Consistency is nice.

5. Togekiss - one of my favorite mons. Doesn't need it at all but I think it is an awesome possibility.

6. Volcarona - my favorite mon. Does not need it at all but it would be majestic as ****. Change his ability to drought maybe and boost it's special attack and special defense. The Sun Moth will reign supreme!

Last edited:
Posted some pics of fan-made Mega Evolutions of my favorite Pokemon to the short-lived Poke Center Social Thread last month... though I'd post them here as well.

Made by phatmon:

Don't know who made these:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that this thread has seen better days, but there are a couple more mega evolution inputs that I've never actually brought up here yet.

Mega Zangoose
Type: Normal/Fighting
Ability: Toxic Boost
HP: 73
Attack: 165
Defense: 70
SP ATK: 60
SP DEF: 70
Speed: 120
Total: 558

Mega Seviper
Type: Poison/Dark
Ability: Poison Touch
HP: 73
Attack: 130
Defense: 70
SP ATK: 130
SP DEF: 70
Speed: 85
Total: 558

Mega Luxray
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Mold Breaker
HP: 80
Attack: 150
Defense: 89
SP ATK: 105
SP DEF: 89
Speed: 110
Total: 623

As for my past inputs from over two years ago...

Mega Cloyster
Type: Water/Ice
Ability: Skill Link
HP: 50
Attack: 125
Defense: 230
SP ATK: 85
SP DEF: 45
Speed: 90
Total: 625

Mega Tauros
Type: Normal/Ground
Ability: Mold Breaker
HP: 75
Attack: 130
Defense: 115
SP ATK: 40
SP DEF: 90
Speed: 140
Total: 590

Mega Lanturn
Type: Water/Electric
Ability: Lightningrod
HP: 125
Attack: 58
Defense: 68
SP ATK: 116
SP DEF: 96
Speed: 97
Total: 560

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Arceus needs one akin to Rayquaza. Nothing against Rayquayquay, but it's weird to think that 2 Mega Evolutions and 2 Primal Reversions are BETTER THAN GOD HIMSELF. Like okay, you made a God of all Pokemon and he's not even the strongest Pokemon what the hell? A stat spread of 120/150/150/150/150/120 would probably be most preferred, while retaining Multitype (and either tweaking Judgment or adding a new move that causes the Mega Evolution).

I also would love to see a Mega Rhyperior. I imagine him having a stat spread of 115/160/160/55/115/30. Either keep Solid Rock or give him something else that's sensible and aids in his defense. He could either keep Ground/Rock (to take advantage of a Sp. Def buff in sand) or switch to Ground/Steel (for better resistances and only weak to Ground, Fighting, Fire and Water).

I still say a Mega Luxray would be boss. Evenly distribute his buffs to something like, say, 80/145/94/110/94/100, make him Electric/Dark (take advantage of access to Crunch and Night Slash), and give him either Guts or something similar for an ability to keep him offensively threatening.

Also Mega Volcarona because I'm a sadistic ******* that thinks having a Pokemon with access to Quiver Dance while having a stat spread of like 85/70/95/165/135/100 is a fun idea. :3

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
To add a few more from my previous post:

7. Mew - Mewtwo has two Megas. Mewtwo was created from Mew's DNA. She is the ancestor of all pokemon (or whatever they are going with nowadays). She easily deserves a Mega. Either keep it plain Psychic or Psychic/Fairy.

8. Cacturn - lets be honest, Caturn NEEDS it. He is stupid frail, slow, and his attack ain't that special either.

9. Reuniclus - Currently one of my favorite mons. He is mostly used in trick room teams which is cool but ultimately hinders him with the lack of trick room teams. I say make him a Mega with the ability to create a Trick Room upon entering the field for 5 turns. He not only would get more usage but could make trick room teams much more viable in competitive play.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Arceus needs one akin to Rayquaza. Nothing against Rayquayquay, but it's weird to think that 2 Mega Evolutions and 2 Primal Reversions are BETTER THAN GOD HIMSELF. Like okay, you made a God of all Pokemon and he's not even the strongest Pokemon what the hell? A stat spread of 120/150/150/150/150/120 would probably be most preferred, while retaining Multitype (and either tweaking Judgment or adding a new move that causes the Mega Evolution).
If anything, Arceus would have to learn a new move to mega evolve, so that way, it can still take advantage of its Multitype ability. Maybe something more like the following...

Justice Storm
Type: Normal
Category: Special Attack
Power: 120
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 5
Effect: Deals damage, but lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense one stage each. Attack's typing changes, based on which plate the user is holding. Arceus needs to learn this move in order to mega evolve.

As for the Mega Arceus concept...

Mega Arceus
Ability: Multitype
HP: 120
Attack: 190
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 190
SP DEF: 100
Total: 820

Basically, Mega Arceus would sacrifice some of its defenses to drastically raise its offenses. Its HP and speed would remain untouched though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The last thing Arceus or any other legendary needs is a Mega.

:094:
My Mega Arceus concept gives it weaker defenses, and its speed doesn't change at all, so despite packing a bigger punch, it won't be able to take hits as well as its normal state. Still, much like with Mega Rayquaza, it would likely end up being banned from all competitive rules, especially if people were to spam Choice Band and Extreme Speed a lot.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I always see requests for Mega Dragonite and Mega Flygon, but personally I'm just sick and tired of OP Dragons. Mega Rayquaza (though awesome) and Mega Salamence were a disaster...

Ones I want:
* Vespiquen
* Scolipede
* Roserade
* Golurk
* Eelektross
* Tentacruel
* Luxray
* Pyroar
* Froslass

We have very few Normal, Ground, Electric, Ice, and Poison Megas. The bugs are just personal favorites of mine.

If I had to pick one, it'd be Scolipede, metagame be damned.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
As Pidgeot got one, maybe we could get a Mega Staraptor, too. Staraptor was always a cool bird Pokemon.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As Pidgeot got one, maybe we could get a Mega Staraptor, too. Staraptor was always a cool bird Pokemon.
I love Staraptor, but it's actually plenty strong enough as-is. A Mega Staraptor would be cool but incredibly powerful, unless they dumped all 100 points in Special Attack... It worked for Pidgeot, but Pidgeot can't 2HKO nearly everything with a boosted Double-Edge like Staraptor can (and didn't have Close Combat).

Now, Braviary... Not yet a monster, but could become very impressive with a Mega and some additional speed.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Well to be fair Staraptor would have to give up its item slot for the Mega Evolution which could be the difference maker between it being great and it sucking. Don't forget depending on what types it would decide to give (likely would become Fighting/Flying) and what ability it were to be given (I doubt it'd just get Intimidate a second time) it could still be fairly tame, especially when placed next to the monsters that are Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross, Mega Gardevoir, and others on that level. It'd probably finally allow Staraptor to definitively break into OU though, it just missed it generations back and hovered between the Borderline 1 and Underused tiers. I wanna see it happen. Especially since Talonflame ripped away the title of premier common bird Pokemon from Staraptor's poor, power-crept claws.

I do agree on the concept of a Mega Braviary and on that subject a Mega Mandibuzz wouldn't be bad either. Heck quite a few solid Pokemon from Generation V would be great to have Megas. Mega Galvantula? Mega Haxorus? Mega Hydreigon, Mega Volcarona? Mega Gigalith? Mega Conkeldurr? Mega Gothitelle/Reuniclus, Mega Bisharp, I can go on.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Where she's been outclassed by Chansey, yeah, she kinda needs it. Make her Normal/Fairy and give her a lot of physical defense to make up for her lack of an Eviolite to draw people over to her over Chansey. Maybe even give her a sweet ability that helps support the team out.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
LunarWingCloud LunarWingCloud

Staraptor is a monster. It's a great Pokemon. 2HKOs Rotom, for instance.

If you "want a Pokemon to be OU," well, your first mistake is playing Pokemon on Smogon's terms. Your second mistake is assuming Staraptor needs to be stronger to be OU, even by Smogon standards. OU is based on usage alone. Get a bunch of people to use Staraptor and it would be OU. Your third mistake was implying you can't use use Pokemon in lesser Smogon tiers in OU -- you absolutely can and succeed.

But seriously, Smogon is cancer. I put up with their crap for years until I figured out I didn't have to play by their rules to have fun and win. Playing over wi-fi and OFF that simulator was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I think Octillery deserves some love.

Mega Octillery
Water/Steel type (to fit in with the cannon theme)
Ability: Sheer Force/Mega Launcher (Sheer Force would be preferred unless they made Mega Launcher affect more moves)
Stats: 75/150/100/150/100/25

Also, remove Mega Lopunny please.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Mega Octillery
Ability: Sheer Force/Mega Launcher (Sheer Force would be preferred unless they made Mega Launcher affect more moves)
Sadly, giving a Mega to a Pokemon with Moody is probably a very bad idea.

It's not Octillery's fault that Moody is a broken ability, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Mega Octillery
I hate to tell you this, but Mega Launcher would be completely wasted if Octillery isn't able to learn Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse. It does learn Water Pulse as an egg move, so that move is covered.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I hate to tell you this, but Mega Launcher would be completely wasted if Octillery isn't able to learn Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse. It does learn Water Pulse as an egg move, so that move is covered.
That's why I said Sheer Force would be preferred. Mega Launcher wouldn't affect many of the moves Octillery learns unless they gave its effect to more moves.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Has anyone thought "poor Druddigon"? Just me? I think he'd be neat to have a Mega Evolution. Dragon/Steel, A base stat spread of 77/150/140/60/110/48 with either Rough Skin or a new ability of different name but same function (because Steel), would be kinda nice.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone thought "poor Druddigon"? Just me? I think he'd be neat to have a Mega Evolution. Dragon/Steel, A base stat spread of 77/150/140/60/110/48 with either Rough Skin or a new ability of different name but same function (because Steel), would be kinda nice.
I actually did have a Mega Druddigon input, but it's still a pure Dragon-type, and it has less speed to increase its defenses and attack power.

Mega Druddigon
Type: Dragon
Ability: Rough Skin
HP: 77
Attack: 160
Defense: 130
SP DEF: 130
Speed: 28
Total: 585

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
There are some Pokemon that I think should have a Mega form. I won't go into stats since I am not good at that at this time. Here they are.

Johto Starters (Obvious)

Mega Meganium (Grass)
Ability: Chlorophyll

Mega Feraligatr (Water/Fighting)
Ability: Steadfast

Mega Typhlosion (Fire)
Ability: Flash Fire

I think the other grass, water. and fire starters from Gens 4 and 5 should have Mega forms too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've had a new mega evolution in mind...

Mega Donphan
Type: Ground
Ability: Solid Rock
HP: 90
Attack: 150
Defense: 150
SP DEF: 80
Speed: 70
Total: 600

Donphan's body becomes even more durable after it mega evolves. Additional armor can be seen on the sides of Mega Donphan, which helps it withstand super effective attacks better, but it stays as a pure Ground-type Pokemon. And despite the increased durability, Mega Donphan is actually a bit faster than in its normal state.

ElectroLightning

Banned via Warnings
NNID
kultava
If anything, Arceus would have to learn a new move to mega evolve, so that way, it can still take advantage of its Multitype ability. Maybe something more like the following...

Justice Storm
Category: Special Attack
Power: 120
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 5
Effect: Deals damage, but lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense one stage each. Attack's typing changes, based on which plate the user is holding. Arceus needs to learn this move in order to mega evolve.

As for the Mega Arceus concept...

Mega Arceus
Ability: Multitype
HP: 120
Attack: 190
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 190
SP DEF: 100
Total: 820

Basically, Mega Arceus would sacrifice some of its defenses to drastically raise its offenses. Its HP and speed would remain untouched though.
Wow... That's, really good.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mega Wailord (Just imagine that...)
Type: Water/Dragon (Would resemble a mosasaurus)
Ability: Don't know
---------
Mega Dunsparce
Type: Flying/Normal (Chinese dragon like)
Ability: Don't know
---------
Mega Arbok
Type: Poison/Dark (Python like?)
Ability: Again don't know

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Arceus and the Creation Trio are guaranteed to get something out of the inevitable Sinnoh remakes. Arceus really needs to teach the other 'mon just who the top dog is because it doesn't make canonical sense for him to be weaker than a few 'mon, alternate forma be damned.

As for me? I want Arcanine to get one simply because I'm biased and it's my favorite.

Top Bottom