• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Percents GnW's Attacks Break Crouch Cancel and ASDI Down

jtm94

Smash Lord
There is bound to be some slight % variance, I had some weird instances where a move randomly broke crouch, but I was never able to replicate it. This is likely due to a hitbox sending at a different angle that I was not aware of. Also, I checked the % moving up and down by 1 each time to verify an exact percent.

I didn't use Bowser as to avoid armor interference.

For the Crouch Cancelling column these moves will force knockdown through both CC and ASDI down in tandem at the listed %. All percents prior will not force knockdown and the character will, "tank" the move.

For the ASDI column these moves will start to force knockdown or hit as normal at the listed percent. All percents prior the character will slide into the ground and be able to act the moment they are done being hit without being knocked down.

Mr. Game & Watch's back aerial is very hard to measure exactly when it induces hit stun. As long as you land more than 2 of the multi hit it seems to break crouch and ASDI around 20. The move does a lot of damage, and as long as you land multiple hits of it, it should be safe past 20. I'm not sure how the interaction between rapid hitting moves and CC/ASDI works to give more information on the move.

Feel free to give any feedback or comments on how I can further expand this to make it more useful.

This is the link to the Google DOC: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LSxO_19C4yOw5KjSNQPLXHyUk/edit#gid=2001608089

Attachments

Last edited:

jtm94

Smash Lord
Can someone fix the title for me? If not I can repost the thread, but I used the same format from the Link thread I made and clearly borked the title >.<

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Damn this is amazing, Going to start something like this for diddy (plan to compile/organize all of the diddy's boards info into one thread because it's a mess)

Dtilt breaks CC so early qq

jtm94

Smash Lord
I figured it could be useful. I might make one for Zelda as well.
You can use it as and against the character which is what I like, unfortunately you can't do much about dtilt, just the other moves.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I like the idea, but I think you could improve it. breaking ASDI down is just as important if not more so than CC. Also Jiggs is not a very good benchmark character since her weight is so unique. I would add someone like Marth to really get the most relevant data.

also use google doc instead of open office.

Last edited:

jtm94

Smash Lord
I too thought Puff was a bit of an outlier. I merely did it to see a range of CC %s. Marth wouldn't provide any more useful information than Mario did. I think GnW or Pikachu would be a better way to show things.

So should I find when each move launches ASDI down as well as when each move launches through CC + ASDI down? I was afraid this would slippery slope into a multitude of more things to test. I'll just do little by little when I get bored.

I could use google docs, but I in no way have to and probably won't because I'm lazy. They're just values and a picture is just as helpful if not more than a spreadsheet. I can save as an excel spreadsheet as well if need be.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Marth is good because he sits pretty close to the middle of the playing field and he's also in the middle of a cluster of characters all grouped around the same weight. I mean if you want something close to an ideal spread with just three characters (one light, one mid-weight and one heavy) you would probably go with Fox(75), Sheik(90), Ike(105).

ASDI down is pretty important just because most of the time that what people are doing when you are punishing them.

Google docs is just the easiest spreadsheet formate because it works for anyone, even mobile.

Otherwise, your good, bro. I just figured if you were gonna provide a data thread I would give you some tips to make it godlike. It's not like anyone here asked for this. This is all hobby work anyway.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Sorry I wanted to reword that, but late night maintenance interfered.

I just felt like GnW would provide more info because his weight includes the lightweights. If I shift the spread to not include the lightweights or heavy heavies then they will be left out.

I planned to expand upon this, thanks for the input! I didn't mean to come off as peeved.

jtm94

Smash Lord
@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t
Testing ASDI on Mario is a pain because he has no convenient moves.
Should I just use a character with a similar weight? With my testing of GnW and Fox weight seems to be the main factor. I'm going to just use Lucario for the time being.

Updated OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom