• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Past Stage Do You Wish they have in Brawl?

alwinroth

Smash Cadet
you know what stage was in melee and the n64 smash bros?

kirby's dream land... with that tree, i mainly like it cause of the song...

and for some reason, i was hoping brawl was gonna have it... of course they didn't...

What past stage do you think Brawl should have?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
From Melee, I would have had Fountain of Dreams over Green Greens (for the epic Dedede v. Kirby battle), and from SSB, Hyrule Castle.

Esca

Smash Champion
I would have liked to see the first temple level from the first ssb. it was original and very fun. also, saffron city, that was a great stage.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Saffron City, Hyrule (SSB obviously), Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, and the original Mute City. The new one sucks.

zeionut

Smash Apprentice
i say dream land, fountain of dreams, that one donkey kong level wit the barrel at the bottom and the two oval rotation platforms and uhh safron city and uhh hyrule from ssb and hmm, princess peaches castle from ssb

Rebel581

Smash Champion
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS! I also want my FD back. I hated that FD, but I hate this one more. It looks cool though ^_^

Actually, I want my stages back. **** Brawl's stages. Worst part about the game.

Rovec

Smash Rookie
Its a shame all the old stages weren't included really. I'm sure the disk could have handled it all and it would have pleased a lot of people.

Specifically though, I would love to see the Yoshi Classic Stage return. I loved using those clouds to lure people over, then make the cloud disappear after it was too late for them to recover. The falling blocks in the stage builder just aren't the same. T_T

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Dreamland 64 and Great Bay. Great Bay would've been so great with swimming, and has always been my favourite stage. Dreamland 64 because it was fun and wasn't a Battlefield clone like Fountain of Dreams.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Castle from 64, first of all.

Also, Fountain of Dreams, Saffron City, the other DK level from Melee besides Jungle Japes, and Old Yoshi Story one.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Fountain of dreams I really miss - just a great stage design that looked really cool

Safron City from 64 was a favorite as was the original Hyrule Castle stage

Enzario

Smash Rookie
For some reason I always really liked the Mario castle stage from 64. Dunno why, but I did. Wonder if it would be possible to re-create even a semblance of that stage using stage builder?

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
1. Hyrule Castle. Maybe they could remove those tornadoes; its unique design doesn't deserve to be banned.

2. NOT Melee's FD, but I wish the Brawl FD didn't have those ******** gimp-edges.

3. Fountain of Dreams.

4. Fourside. Get rid of the UFOs, though. Those were stupid.

I think that this is the reason why they made the Stage Builder; Sakurai realized that players would miss certain stages so now we can just remake them, to an extent.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
i miss great bay from melee it was my fav stage.

they should have made a "Past Past Stages" section in brawl that had the 64 stages in der i want hyrule castle back but make the grafiqs better

Jegred2

Smash Rookie
I miss Saffron City and the Mario level with the warp tunnels. Great memories with SSB 64, 1st N64 game I ever got.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
All of the 64 stages
Though the probability is literally zero (or maybe one percent for the optimists), it would be so wicked to have every single stage back in Smash Bros. IV. You almost wouldn't need any new stages, just a crap load of songs that take an eternity to unlock (I love unlocking the CD's it's so fun when you get a song that you love so much). Anyway, excellent idea!!!:)
10/10

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
Peach's Castle - despite the gimmick-overload. Knocking people into Bullet Bills is priceless.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Man, there were so many good levels in the ol' 64 version.

Personally, I really liked the original Metroid level. Brinstar is fairly small in comparison, and the only way you can die by falling on the original level is if you have a star... whereas in Brinstar, often the acid's too far down and you die anyway, which kind of defeats the purpose of the stage. So, if I had the choice, I'd swap out Brinstar for the original metroid level in a heart-beat, as far as Brawl's concerned.

Saffron City was also executed way better than Spear Pillar. They both have the same "random pokemon attack!" theme, but the fact that you can (a) see the pokemon in Spear Pillar (b) rarely do anything about some of their attacks, like stage-flipping and those projectiles... it just kinda ruins the point. In saffron, you'd only get pokemon attacking you if you were thrown/went into that shaft... and if you did that you kinda deserved it. Even without the pokemon, Saffron City had a really cool set-up.

And then there's the secret mushroom kingdom level - I'll never understand why they didn't carry that in future smash brothers games. It's the only level who's unique element was never emulated or replicated in future games (being the pipes), but it was ~so~ fun. Also, those pulleys where you sank/lifted up depending on weight? Those were hilarious! And now that I'm thinking of it, I'm remembering even more great stuff about that level... the piranhas that'd come up and blast you? The devastatingly powerful pow-blocks? Man! That was the best.

ANoobsOpinion

Smash Rookie
Hyrule (SSB), Saffron City. I made a stage like hyrule from SSB but it's not the same without that mini Tornado.

Top Bottom