• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other fighting games do you play, if any?

D

Deleted member

Another super-generic question, I know, but I'd like to see what the other people around me usually like asides from Smash when it comes to this genre. I usually played Super Turbo and 3rd Strike when it comes to Street Fighter, but I mostly play Guilty Gear nowadays, specifically #Reload, AC+R, and Rev 2. I've had sort of a random rekindled interest in SF though as of recently, so I've been dusting off FightCade and using it more in general. That, and MKX alongside UMK3 netplay has once again taken my interest as well. Been thinking about picking up KoF too but I'm not sure whether I should start with '98 or '02. I dunno, but asides from that, that's what my usual go-to games are.

Last edited by a moderator:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Guilty Gear Xrd REV2 and BBTAG, though I've had to take a break because I broke the charger for my pad. Whoops.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Dead or Alive, just about anything from arc system works, occasionally powers stones or virtua fighter, also been messing with mugen a bit lately

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I play a bunch of fighting games super casually. Lately it has been Dissidia NT and BBTAG, with some FighterZ on the side. Been trying to get my friends to give Rev 2 a shot though.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
UMvC3, Tekken tag tournament 2, Street Fighter and Soul Calibur.

I was a huge fan of Marvel vs Capcom series when I was a kid(didn't care for infinite though), probably not surprising that MvC and Smash are my top favorite fighting games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are only two other fighting game series I play: Tekken and Soul Calibur series. Started with Tekken 3 as early as 1998 but played it more that following year. Come late 2001 I increasingly forgot about Tekken and was interested in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I returned to Tekken series in 2011. Just earlier this year, Soul Calibur caught my fancy especially with its character creation since Soul Calibur 3. Between me and y'all it is a hell of a lot better than Smash 4's create-a-Mii.

I have Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. As for Soul Calibur, I currently own Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3, Soul Calibur 4, and Soul Calibur 5. I do plan on getting Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 7, Soul Blade, and Soul Calibur 6.

Sayonara :kirby:

D

Deleted member

Man... you guys all play the works huh? Now that you all mention it I used to play some UMVC3 and SCV for a very brief period of time but it never really stuck. Guess it was just that back then that other things caught my attention instead. Same for USF4/AE and Tekken 3, which I had a netplay client for a while back but never really experimented with it. Was and still am a King player at heart, followed up by Brian. M.U.G.E.N's pretty fun too and I'm still hunting for some characters to fill up my roster with, which I'm like halfway or so with completing as of now. Mostly it's just ports of characters from other games.
I do plan on getting Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 7, Soul Blade, and Soul Calibur 6.
Tekken 7 is actually quite fantastic, You wouldn't regret buying it. Another thing I used to play was SC2, but because I couldn't find any local matches for it outside of friends, I unfortunately left it behind pretty fast. It's another one of those things where I have to double-check if there's a netplay community for it or not though, because I end up surprising myself with what I find when it comes to those sort of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
FighterZ and basically any King of Fighters game.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I love me some Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Injustice 2 is a game I've played a lot this past year too. Lately I've been playing DBFZ round a friends. A lot of my fighting game playtime has been clocked when round a friends as he would often own the games and I'd just get good at them by playing them round his lol. This was the case for Brawl too.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
UMVC3,Street Fighter V,King Of Fighters XIV,Guilty Gear XRD,BlazBlue Cross Tag Team,Dragonball FighterZ,Skullgirls
plus MVCI,King Of Fighters XI,Capcom Vs SNK 2

Standlord

Smash Cadet
I used to play a lot of Soul Calibur but not anymore. I tried Pokken but got bored fast, I think I don't have patience for those kind of games anymore, but I'd like to give it another chance. I also tried PSASBR for a while but never got much into it, I think I didn't like the way kills work there.

When I was younger I played a lot Naruto Ultimate Ninja and many Dragon Ball (don't remember which titles exactly, but they were fun). I think Naruto was better when it was 2D, or maybe I just got older and didn't like it anymore, idk. Jump Ultimate Stars was a blast, it's a shame that game never got out of Japan.

Then there were those good Digimon fighting games, both the GBA games and the "Digimon Rumble Arena" series. These last ones were very smash alike and they were amazing, I never understood why they stopped making those kind of games. I don't like the Digimon RPGs so... :/

Now I'm thinking of getting into DBFZ and Rivals of Aether but I don't have much free time and I prefer to reserve the little time I have for other type of games, so probably Smash Ultimate will be the only fighting game I will play in a long time when it comes out.

Last edited:

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
Other than Super Smash Bros, I play some Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend for the PS3, Blazblue: Chronophantasma (without the "Extend", the original version of the game) on the PS Vita, and some Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax for the PS Vita. I've played other fighting games, of course, but I never really liked them that much, so I never really played them more than a couple of hours. Unlike those games I just mentioned, which I played for many hours (as in well over 5 to 10 hours for each of those games).

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur, Darkstalkers and the Marvel Vs Capcom series are the fighting games I've played so far.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
All of the Street Fighters except V cause I don't have a PS4, Pokenn tournament, Jojo Arcade, DB Xenoverse 2, and as soon as my busy season ends I'm looking to get into FighterZ

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I've tried a lot of fighting games, including Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, Dragonball FighterZ, Rivals of Aether, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Under Night In-Birth, and Them's Fightin Herds. Those are roughly ordered from left to right by how much I enjoyed them.
The two other than Smash that'd I'd say I'm a fan of, however, are Blazblue and Skullgirls

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm a turbo casual so I can't handle anything that's too technical... my favorite non Smash Fighting game is One Piece, Grand Adventure on the Gamecube. If I ever try to imagine Smash in 3D, this is the closest thing that comes to mind ( actually, I suggested that Smash Bros should get "Assist characters" based on the idea from this game a long, long time ago, and everyone laughed at me and said it would be confusing. Well who's laughing now? )

Jonkiri

Smash Rookie
FighterZ is probably my favorite fighting game right now. I also like BBTag, GGXrd Rev 2, and to an extent Blade Strangers.

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
I've tried a lot of fighting games, including Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, Dragonball FighterZ, Rivals of Aether, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Under Night In-Birth, and Them's Fightin Herds. Those are roughly ordered from left to right by how much I enjoyed them.
The two other than Smash that'd I'd say I'm a fan of, however, are Blazblue and Skullgirls
Yeah same here. I'm a fan of SSB and Blazblue...the only fighting games I truly enjoyed although I never really gotten into Skullgirls.

Trambo

Smash Cadet
asides from smash I enjoy tekken and soul calibur but dabble in 2d fighters sometimes

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
I occasionally play MKX, DBFighterZ, and UMvC3 just casually but I'd like to get better at DBFighterZ.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings I playing Smash 4 the only fighter game for the moment soon I planning to Play Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Injustice, Some DBZ like Raging Blast and Xenoverse and maybe Mortal Kombat. I definitely planning to Get Dragon Ball Z Fighter and Old Street Fighter Game with Online. I Still dont know about get it Killer Instict as well.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Atari Boxing.

>.>;

But seriously other fg series I enjoy are Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and BlazBlue.

I owned that godawful Castlevania fighter for a week before trading it for something I don't even remember what now lol. Man that game sucked.

Top Bottom