• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other fighting games catch your interest besides Smash?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Street Fighter, Marvel Vs. Capcom and Killer Instinct. I also enjoy a few other titles like Darkstalkers, Dead or Alive 2 and Bloody Roar Extreme.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I tend to play 2D fighting games mostly. Street Fighter is my main game, though I also enjoy Marvel vs. Capcom. KOF and Garou are fun SNK games but I try not to get too hooked on them.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'm "Marvel vs Capcom" guy, but I touch games like SF3 and Garou every here and then.

Mint Tea

Smash Rookie
I've never been good at any traditional fighting games but guilty gear and DBFZ hold my interest.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
DBFZ is the other fighting game I play pretty competitively. I’m actually pretty decent in that game.

I’m probably gonna pick up Granblue Fantasy Versus when it comes out.

I also play a little bit of Street Fighter V, Injustice 2, and (maybe in the future) Blazblue Cross Tag Battle.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Yes I have tried them both but I wasn't too big of a fan of them.
Ah okay. To each their own. I personally love Fighterz. It’s like the dream DBZ game. I want a mixture of this and budokai. Have the combo potential of Fighterz with the juggle mechanics of Budokai.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Street fighter mostly.

I suck at it but I enjoy playing Alpha 3, Third strike and 5.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I was pretty into Injustice 2 when it came out, and it was one of the only other fighting games besides Smash I could say I was actually good at.

The problem I run into with games like Mortal Kombat/Injustice though is that if I don't play them for a while, I lose my touch. When I do decide to play them again, I find myself having to slowly relearn everything I was good at. That's why I like Smash so much. Even after long stretches of time without playing it, I can still remember how to play since it's fundamentally simpler and much easier to just "pick up and play."

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Before Smash I enjoyed Mortal Kombat 1 through ultimate, Killer Instinct, Tekken 1 through 3, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Soul Calibur 2 and 3, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Battle Arena Toshinden...

After Smash I've enjoyed Blazblu Cross Tag and... That's it.

InfiniteRE

Smash Cadet
Jump force looks interesting to me. Doesn't have a lot of competitive potential it seems, but still looks fun nonetheless.

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
The only other fighting game I currently play the heck out of besides Smash is My Hero One's Justice, love using Shoto, Denki, and Tsuyu a lot in that game.

I've also played Street Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, J-Stars Victory VS+, and Dissidia Final Fantasy games and I like them well enough.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm actually really good at Brawlhalla. I kick some serious *** with Yumiko...not to mention Plague Knight is in it so instant 10/10

aside from that I occasionally mess with Brawlout and Pokkén

D

Deleted member

• Street Fighter
  • Killer Instinct
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Tekken
  • Mortal Kombat

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I really like the Soulcalibur series. In fact, I played Soulcalibur 2 before I played Melee! Sadly, I only have a Switch so I can’t get the new game...

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's pretty much limited to just Street Fighter and Marvel Vs Capcom for me, although I have dabbled a bit in FighterZ and own the latest version of Guilty Gear Xrd.

D

Deleted member

• Street Fighter
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Tekken
  • Killer Instinct
  • Soul Calibur
  • Darkstalkers
  • Skullgirls
  • Mortal Kombat

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Godzilla games, mainly the Atari Godzilla Trilogy, Godzilla: Great Monster War and the PS4 Godzilla game

There used to be a Jurassic Fight Club game in the History Channel's Website, but it's no longer available

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I think Pokken is dying, but I hear it's fairly balanced and doesn't have as much cheese as Smash. Honestly, when I lost interest in Smash it's because of cheese, so I'd be interested in a FG without as much.

themagicsoup

Smash Rookie
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future. I don't play it much anymore, but when I found out about it on a Vinesauce video and tried it out on Fightcade for the first time, I was hooked. If anybody's heard that name before, the game's become infamous for the broken character that is Pet Shop, but the official Discord's pretty cool.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
KOF and Fatal fury mostly other than that I have another game wich I mention it people will rip my soul apart

Its mugen

Last edited:

Doctor Big O

Banned via Warnings
I was a huge fan of dragon ball budokai tenkachi 3. Kingdom hearts even though that wasn’t per say a fighting game. I was always more into racing games tbh

Top Bottom