• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other FF/KOF characters you'd like to see playable in Smash?

next FF/KOF character in Smash?

• Kyo Kusanagi

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Ryo Sakazaki

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Athena Asamiya

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Nakoruru

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Iori Yagami

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Yuri Sakazaki

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Geese Howard

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Rock Howard

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Rugal Bernstein

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

toonito

Smash Ace
Now that :ult_terry:has entered Smash and brought a bunch of KOF and Fatal Fury content who else would you like to see playable in a future Smash title?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
mai would be one of the lamest possible snk picks and the fact that she's the go-to 2nd snk rep for people because funny haha good boys and girls meme SUCKS, man
alright, time to get crucified

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kyo (as leader of the Team Japan trio), Athena and Nakoruru would be nice.

Also, I acknowledge that Mai has an iconic look that won't be deviated from under any circumstances. No, it doesn't make sense for other cultures or fandoms, but in Japan, it's tradition.

That said, I would also happily take the Peregrine Falcons, since Fio did show up in a spin-off.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Part of me wants to Say Lucky Glauber, that guy got's style and he's my favorite of the KOF cast (alongside the rest of the US Sports Team) but he is far too obscure, as in he only was playable in one Canonical game (Sucks man, we gotta fix that pronto) and doesn't play an important role in the series anyway.

So im gonna go basic ***** and say Kyo. Having a second SNK rep and NOT chosing him would be criminal, waifus and "Good Boy and Girl" memes be damned.

Unless it's Metal Slug, then we cool.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Kyo, Iori and Ryo. But I want to see Kim or Jhun playable too.
I would love to see Hououkyaku in Smash, and Jhun's stances would be really unique, and given that he only kicks his opponent he would be one of the most distinct characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nakoruru and Mai. I never played any of the SNK games, but those 2 look the most interesting to me so I would go with either of them for a 2nd Fatal Fury/King of Fighters rep.

toonito

Smash Ace
Kyo, Iori and Ryo. But I want to see Kim or Jhun playable too.
I would love to see Hououkyaku in Smash, and Jhun's stances would be really unique, and given that he only kicks his opponent he would be one of the most distinct characters.
Little Mac and any boxing fighter is unique in the sense they only use their fists to attack, characters like Kim, Jhun, Elena from Street Fighter, etc. would be the opposite in that they only use their feet to attack. I'd like to see such a character join Smash one day.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
There are so many great choices for which Fatal Fury/King of Fighters character I'd love to see in Smash next with Geese Howard, anybody from the Ikari Team and Mai Shiranui with a more modest outfit on the top of my list.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Hayate-xi.jpg

A really random pick, but Sho Hayate from Savage Reign. He would be the first fighter to use a boomerang as his primary weapon, and he would also be the loudest fighter in Smash history.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Kyo, Iori, Geese, Rock, Haohmaru, and Nakoruru (even though those last two are from SamSho)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
My personal first picks would be Kyo with Iori as an Echo, plus Haohmaru and Nakoruru to represent SamSho. Nakoruru's the mascot, but Haohmaru represents the general gameplay better. After that, you could basically go anywhere.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
My personal first picks would be Kyo with Iori as an Echo, plus Haohmaru and Nakoruru to represent SamSho. Nakoruru's the mascot, but Haohmaru represents the general gameplay better. After that, you could basically go anywhere.
Nah, I think Kyo and Iori would be like Mario and Luigi.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Nah, I think Kyo and Iori would be like Mario and Luigi.
I guess so. It's mostly that they have a weird clone-status dynamic. At first they were like Ryu and Ken, then Kyo changed while Iori remained the same, then Iori lost his flames and got Kyo's melee moves while Kyo regressed to his early moveset, then they went back. Assuming we're incorporating elements from multiple incarnations, Iori'd end up as a bit of a semiclone either way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like the idea of a King of Fighters team in Smash.

A team... as in three fighters in one. And unlike Pokémon Trainer, you cannot switch fighters with Down B... you switch to the next teammate when you lose a stock. It’s basically Squad Strike The Character.

As for which fighters in this team... I say Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, and Goro Daimon aka the Japan Team.

Yes! Japan Team for Smash!

Also, Iori Yagami as a stand-alone fighter for Smash... because he’s too cool to be in a team.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

A team... as in three fighters in one. And unlike Pokémon Trainer, you cannot switch fighters with Down B... you switch to the next teammate when you lose a stock. It’s basically Squad Strike The Character.

As for which fighters in this team... I say Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, and Goro Daimon aka the Japan Team.

Also, Iori Yagami as a stand-alone fighter for Smash... because he’s too cool to be in a team.
Honestly, I could very easily see Sak do both of those things. Especially the latter.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
With Min Min being a thing, I feel like Iori might get in before Kyo.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
With Min Min being a thing, I feel like Iori might get in before Kyo.
I think Kyo's more likely on the basis that he's still the protagonist of King of Fighters, while Iori's still the rival. The difference between KoF and ARMS is that the former has a canonical storyline, while with the other it's just whoever you feel like playing.
Though if we're going with the "Director wants this guy" logic, I at least know the producer of KoFXIV like Kyo and Leona, so...

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I think Kyo's more likely on the basis that he's still the protagonist of King of Fighters, while Iori's still the rival. The difference between KoF and ARMS is that the former has a canonical storyline, while with the other it's just whoever you feel like playing.
Though if we're going with the "Director wants this guy" logic, I at least know the producer of KoFXIV like Kyo and Leona, so...
Director or not, I think SNK(and Sakurai) likes Iori more than Kyo. Kyo just got a background Cameo and some unremixed music, while Iori got a cameo, mii costume, and remix.
Fans seem to like him more than Kyo, too.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Director or not, I think SNK(and Sakurai) likes Iori more than Kyo. Kyo just got a background Cameo and some unremixed music, while Iori got a cameo, mii costume, and remix.
Fans seem to like him more than Kyo, too.
I dunno. I think Salurai just liked Iori better, so it depends on how much leeway he has. As for the remixes, I think that's just because Kyo has modernized versions of Esaka floating around. Plus, the instrumentation probably fit the soundfont of the old KoF games better.

toonito

Smash Ace

that's actually a dope concept...you get Kyo, the protag, and two more characters for the price of 1

maybe in addition to alt colors 6 of 8 costume slots changes the order of the characters like in the KOF games:

Alt 1: Kyo, Benimaru, Goro
Alt 2: Kyo, Goro, Benimaru
Alt 3: Benimaru, Kyo, Goro
Alt 4: Benimaru, Goro, Kyo
Alt 5: Goro, Kyo, Benimaru
Alt 6: Goro, Benimaru, Kyo
Alt 7: Kyo, Benimaru, Goro (KOF 02 alts)
Alt 8: Kyo, Benimaru, Goro (KOF XIV alts)

KingBIG

Smash Rookie
NNID
GreenTbagger
For every character, Its good to have their direct counterpart or associated Villain. Although Geese has already made a showing in T7. I'd say the best runners up would be either Rock Howard, Blue Mary or Kyo. Though It would be interesting to see The actual ripoff shoto Ryo.

But if it was my choice. I'd Put in Vanessa, Leona or Ralph for pure rushdown fun factor. Or maybe even Clarke. It would be nice to get a grapple centric FG Rep character in.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Kyo would be the obvious KOF pick, but personally, I'd like to see Marco from Metal Slug as the next SNK rep (because SNK doesn't just make fighting games, y'know). Haohmaru is my second choice since he fits Smash's style quite well especially with the rage mechanic.

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
There are a ton of King Of Figthers/Fatal Fury characters that want in Super Smash Bros Ultimate i will list the ones that are not in the KOF Stage
Tizoc/King Of Dinosaurs
Duck King
Momoko
Oswald
Benimaru
Kula Diamond
Raiden
Malin
Jyazu
Silber
Mr.Big
Hayate
May Lee
Lin
Hinako
Li Xiangfei
Mukai
Lucky
Heavy D
Franco Bash
Cheng
Ramon
Kukri
Sylvie Paula Paula
Antonov

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
If we ever get some more echo fighters added, Rock Howard would definitely be one of my top picks.

Top Bottom